What's new

US to offer F-35 fighters to India

Isn't it more likely they would go for a Russian plane instead.
besides why would India have 3 types of 5th generation fighters; PAK-FA, MCA and F-35?
And the point still remains, that India is still seeking more 4.5 gen fighters, surely 4.5th gens come before 5th gens?:coffee:

When US has F-22 why they are still producing F-18? Can't you read that the F-35 is offered on reply to Navy's RFI? PAK FA and AMCA are for Air force but navy needs a modern stealthy fighter for carrier borne operations. F-35B STOVL version best suited for our carriers.

What if they offer F-35 instead of F-16 for MRCA??

For the records do you know what version of F16 is being offered to India??? and That's after the fact Pakistan is an ally on WOT and F-16 are the back bone of PAF....If we choose we can buy 126-200 of these birds...How many years of negotiations you had to do for 18 Block 52??

they are offering you block 60, you should study the difference in block 52 and 60, the only difference would be the radar range. If you are so confident you should buy, but you will not because US will impose the conditions just like it has imposed on Pakistan , e.g. no Russian/Indian engineer would touch them :usflag::bunny:
BTW i was sticking to the topic but your indian friends start cryin:flame: :angry:

If Pakistan was interested in F-35 they could've spend money on it.

Question is, do we want to spend that much on a plane and maintaining it?

F-35 can be and might be sold to India. They want money, it doesn't matter who they will give it to.
Though the plane is still far from ready and has to match US requirements.

I think by 2015 we are looking at an awesome PAF. Only then we will know if are jumping on the Stealth gen or not.
Keep in mind that these planes have yet to prove in combat.

About, negotiating, well we are no longer interested in American and western stuff. China is here with quite able aircrafts and other stuff.

Afterall we were the ones who got the F-86s, F-104s and F-16s right when they came out. Pakistan can ask American to block this deal, by pulling out of WOT an making life hell for Obama's foreign policy. But we don't care, and i be we can compete without crying unlike India, which want's to counter 18 F-16s with 42 new SU 30MKI. Speaks so much of their confidence.

Keep your comments decent.

F-35 will be an immediate solution for Navy as PAK FA naval version will take time. Naval Eurofighter, Sea Gripen, Rafale and Mig-29 also are in the race. I think the final competition will be between EFT and F-35.

More than doubtful, because naval EF is just a paper plane and F35 is besides overpriced, only available without licence production, ToT, or customisations, but a loooooooot of restrictions!
Why should IN take such a burden, for such a fighter?

Mig 29K + F-35 + N-LCA = super duper.

3 different fighters, with 3 different engines, radars, avionics, weapons...and only a minimum commonality to IAF = a major headache for IN and MoD :)

First squad of MMRCA should be delivered in 2014, licence production should start in 2015. F35 production for member countries, hopefully starts in 2016 only and forget about licence production, or ToT.

Last edited:

Two issues mainly,

1) F-35 will not be available before 2015.

2) How much ToT will be on offer is questionable.

I some where read that many of the F-35 systems also incorporated in F-16IN. Simple F-16 can't compete against EFT, Rafale, Mig-35 etc.

they are offering you block 60, you should study the difference in block 52 and 60, the only difference would be the radar range. If you are so confident you should buy, but you will not because US will impose the conditions just like it has imposed on Pakistan , e.g. no Russian/Indian engineer would touch them :usflag::bunny:
BTW i was sticking to the topic but your indian friends start cryin:flame: :angry:

A much better Radar. A better engine. And a glass cockpit. AIM-132 Advanced Short Range Air-to-Air Missile (ASRAAM) capability and i think they also have a better databus. So it is a significant upgrade over the 50/52 aircraft.

Edit-They also have a integrated laser targeting and FLIR so they do not require pods which means less weight and drag.

More than doubtful, because naval EF is just a paper plane and F35 is besides overpriced, only available without licence production, ToT, or customisations, but a loooooooot of restrictions!
Why should IN take such a burden, for such a fighter?

Yes Naval EFT is a paperplane as of now but I think if EADS bag the deal they can give us the fighter in time. They have that capacity.

As of now F-35 might be highly overpriced but when serial production starts its costs will be reduced drastically. I really don't think navy will put ToT/License production or customization isues regarding these new fighter. Also the number will be less, might be less than 40 as they are mainly for carrier operations.

3 different fighters, with 3 different engines, radars, avionics, weapons...and only a minimum commonality to IAF = a major headache for IN and MoD :)

Whats surprising, the Navy is really very interested in F-35. They are seriously looking on it. Cost, ToT or commonality are really issues!!! Lets see.

Dude you are missing the point....US is offering us a better plane(in whatever way) then PAF and that too in big numbers 126-200 even after the fact that IAF is the arch rival and F-16's are your back bone....However it took years of coercing for PAF to get these birds....

Now compare that you have only 18 and by 2015 we can have 126....How many more can you have in this time??? secondly if we choose F-16(which we will not - Bad deal) what will happen to PAF???

That's why i said no need to indulge in D!Ck comparison....

Any authentic web-reference?? which would be off course non-indian :cheesy:

I don't think so that America is such a fool :usflag: :coffee:

Here you go

US defence major Lockheed Martin offers F-35 fighters to Indian Navy

In a major move, US defence major Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE: LMT) has offered the state of the art, latest fifth generation, 'B'and 'C' versions of the F-35 fighters aircraft to meet Indian Navy's requirements for carrier-based combat aircraft. The F-35 descended from the X-35 of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. American Boeing, Swedish Saab, European EADS and the French Dassault Aviation are also likely to offer their aircraft to the Navy.

BTW A-5 used by PAF are twin engine :cheesy:

modern twin engine lol not my grandfathers age twin engine lol by the way how many do you have and how many actually fly ? Havent seen any recently lol

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom