What's new

US to incentivise Pakistan’s cooperation, says Mattis

They are there to contain regional powers. We cannot be part of this
Their long term stay means long term unstable Afghanistan because some Afghans will always oppose their presence and secondly don't you think with CPEC we are now attached to the geopolitical/geoeconomic vision of China for our region? China also want stable Afghanistan so they can invest there and develop its infrastructure.
I think they are boxed in Afghanistan, from south its hostile Iran up north and west are former USSR states and on the east they have Pakistan, so they would want to have if not great but keep a working relationship with Pakistan. I think we should exploit this situation :laugh: or I think we are already doing it, I believe if they weren't dependent on Pakistan they would even oppose CPEC.
map.region.gif

I am only referring to the US Pakistan relation which in reality is non existent. Somehow the Americans still have expectations from us and that doesn't make Americans any sense.

I know that politics is not black and white and countries tend to have complex relations due interests despite disagreements etc. However, Pakistan US relations belong in a different league. This is not the definition of a relationship.

That is another good point. Do we even know what the Americans are trying to achieve with their presence? It is not to bring freedom to Afghans. They are there to contain regional powers. We cannot be part of this.

There is a lot of salavage in Pak-US relation still..for example US can make concessions for stabilizing Afghanistan and Pakistan gets an upper hand to do it...

“its better to live like a lion for a day than live like a fox for one hundred years”

even now we cant recognize that we are being misused!

Like all so called aqwal zareen...this statement is also a useless bongi...a dead lion..is always a dead lion..and the hunter is always the victor...A fox can evade and live for hundred years..depriving its hunter the chance to be victor..

It was truly shameful and embarrassing. On the upside, the deep state in Pakistan is not as neurotic about Pak-US relations as it once was. They all know how close we came to getting obliterated by the USA.
You mean after the false flags of 9/11 when Musharraf took Pakistan into WoT?

The Safe havens for the TTP have been banished in FATA, the only other safe havens for terrorists is Afghanistan itself, but no thanks Pakistan should stay out of America's mess.

Why is there a feeling in Pakistan that allowing foreigners (even friendly ones) to set up military bases is something to be proud of. Is that not an acknowledgement of military insecurity?
isnt india giving military bases to US

Does anyone know what USA wants in Afghanistan? If it wants to establish long term mil. bases to counter regional powers like Russia and China, I doubt Pakistan would be a party to it. But can there be something more substantial than aid to sway Pakistan away from what it considers national interests? I think there can be convergence of interests if USA wants a stable Afghanistan empty of foreign militants.

America is in Afghanistan. They have a presence and supporters in this region.
With ~70% divorce rate, is it really possible to predict the US actions?? Great internal upheavals are waiting, so external engagements will be gone with the wind before we know it...

:stop::stop:Stop there for a sec and make it very clear the F16 policy with Pakistan has come to an end. obama made sure of it and he done Pakistan a ginormous favor. Now new alliances are forged and I can say they will be far better than the ones we had with you.
Lets see what incentives he offers more likely F16s again

Does anyone know what USA wants in Afghanistan? If it wants to establish long term mil. bases to counter regional powers like Russia and China, I doubt Pakistan would be a party to it. But can there be something more substantial than aid to sway Pakistan away from what it considers national interests? I think there can be convergence of interests if USA wants a stable Afghanistan empty of foreign militants.

America is in Afghanistan. They have a presence and supporters in this region.

What America wants is a stable Afghanistan that can take care of itself. So far we have seen very little of that: the government is unstable, the economy is still in shambles, the security situation is dire, and military and police forces are both corrupt and incompetent. The last thing US wants to see is Afghanistan fall under the control of terrorists and jihad elements, so expect some hand-holding for a very long time.

And long as US is in Afghanistan, US will need Pakistan at some level.

Cool,maybe some new AWACS and transport planes
For Pak ?they dont need these two more like F16s with local production more tech Access .Moneywise US is broke by herself .i think more tech Access is possible or nuclear deal deal like india lets see .

What America wants is a stable Afghanistan that can take care of itself.
USA has sabotaged what it has itself called the "peace" talks by taking out the leadership of Taliban. It think it happened twice. If Taliban were not a genuine stakeholder in Afghanistan regional powers like Iran, Russia, China and Pakistan, all the neighbors of Afghanistan wouldn't have engaged with them. If you consider a third class country like India to be a stakeholder why not the Taliban which are native controlling huge swathes of Afghanistan and have support of 1/3rd of Afghanistan according to a survey by NYT.
America has in the past expressed desire to keep military bases in Afghanistan after their NATO's departure. I kind of guess what purpose will these serve. I know not of one country where USA brought peace instead they exacerbated the militancy.

Last edited:
Pakistanis biggest issue with USA is not f16 or arms sales linked to do moree.

The biggest issue the Thing that irks the most is USA New strategic relationship with India.

The fact that USA supports India politically nuclear suppliers group mtcr entry and I'd e en selling g arms is destroying USA pal relationship.

They are banking on China to replace USA

Hey mate..honestly by looking at Pakistan and the ways US treat Pakistan inspite of su h long standing relation, i would like to see India to stay away from US with respect to military level relation.

why are you guys, almost all, reacting only to the incentive part? The real ask is that Pakistan stop terrorism emanating from its territories. You should be doing this as a responsible nation by yourself rather than needing carrots or sticks from outsiders.

dont need your advice. people like you make us scared. we are Pakistan with out US we will be Pakistan forever. look they putted ban on our missile tech. they put ban on our nuk tch.. they will do what ever it is possible to hurt us.. jf17 what ever it has ability. i dont mind atlest it is our own. we will improve it day after day. so dont suck the ball of US.
first of all learn some manners. second i was not giving any advice . it was just a realistic comment. thirdly pakistani leaders have always been and always will be US slaves( both military and civilian). fourthly taking missile, nuke and air craft tech from china and putting a frame over it and then painting a nice pakistani flag over it wont make them yours.
take for example thunder. the basic thing in any air craft is the engine. JFT uses russian engine and it may be replaced by chinese engine. then comes the radar which is chinese. most of the avionics are from china and may be replaced by french systems in future. then comes the weapons. apart from the gen purpose bombs which are produced in pakistan at license from US companies all the systems are made in china. i.e SD 10, PL 5 , C 802 A, CM 400 AKG etc. the jet uses the martin baker ejection seat which is also not made in pakistan. we are not making the jet here . we are just assembling it.
i am not trying to belittle the efforts of pakistanis here . for a country like pakistan even assembling a fighter jet is some achievement and a step towards self reliance but i just wanna show you your actual worth .. i would love to see pakistan an independent sovereign state but our leaders will never let us come out of US clutches.
and sorry to say whose balls are you sucking these days?chinese????

first of all learn some manners. second i was not giving any advice . it was just a realistic comment. thirdly pakistani leaders have always been and always will be US slaves( both military and civilian). fourthly taking missile, nuke and air craft tech from china and putting a frame over it and then painting a nice pakistani flag over it wont make them yours.
take for example thunder. the basic thing in any air craft is the engine. JFT uses russian engine and it may be replaced by chinese engine. then comes the radar which is chinese. most of the avionics are from china and may be replaced by french systems in future. then comes the weapons. apart from the gen purpose bombs which are produced in pakistan at license from US companies all the systems are made in china. i.e SD 10, PL 5 , C 802 A, CM 400 AKG etc. the jet uses the martin baker ejection seat which is also not made in pakistan. we are not making the jet here . we are just assembling it.
i am not trying to belittle the efforts of pakistanis here . for a country like pakistan even assembling a fighter jet is some achievement and a step towards self reliance but i just wanna show you your actual worth .. i would love to see pakistan an independent sovereign state but our leaders will never let us come out of US clutches.
and sorry to say whose balls are you sucking these days?chinese????
look the county have nuks that country dont need to worry about, that is for sure.. i have very good experience with chines tech i used to think like you, 6 years back. i used to buy jap and euro tech now i am in Spain i buy things from china. you knw chines teach make them worry reason why usa trying to contain them it mean they have enough in their pockets.. this same thing used to happened with Japaneses stuf 25 years back when it used to compare with Germans. now come to respect should we keep selling and being insulted by our so cell allied.. i will love to die with respect rather be insulted. the country dont respect our 60 thousand deaths. i dont expect anything from them so dont make us feel afraid. this is what happend with tup sultan when he asked his adviser how many days we can survive withthe food and weapon we have.. he been directed wrongly and been told we dont have enough food. reason why he took hasty decision on that day. do you kow why they put sections on our missile tech because they know if we have good missile tech we can buy more time to perfect our fighter tec.....so you have to realize one day.. if we invest same money in our on project after using so many years euro and US tech we have enough experience to convert our jet into good platform. you have living example of Swedish tech we have fixed made and now we are selling to other countries. i hope you got idea. sorry if you got my manners wrong. it hurts me when our people THINK we can not live with out USA. IF IRAN and Russia can come out of so many years humiliation why not we

Back
Top Bottom