What's new

US Stealth UAV RQ-170 downed in IRAN

Just saw over TV ! Well done Iran ... If they can shoot drones , why cant we ? :what:

Well done.
Sneeking into others territory is ok untill you get caught. and US you got busted.
I hope every country in the world is equiped with tech to detect and destroy unathorized flying objects of the US.

Good propaganda. One its all intact when hit by a missile. Two they claim to know the the exact model of the UAV when it hit the ground. Sounds like somebody has been following the news and decided to make a story about it. Remember guys they claim they shot down a Predator drone in central Iran and nothing happened. Didn't even show anything.
1. Who said about missile? There are other ways to kill small drone.
2. Everybody who follows UAVs knows exact model when they see one, its not like Iranians are oblivious what US is producing.
3. I also want to see the pics of confirmation. Will Iranians show it, or wait till US denies it and THEN show it? :azn:

In any case, if it really happened, its pretty impressive - these drones are stealth and small, hard to see, even harder to kill.

*Waits for reverse engineered US drone spying on US bases in the near future* :laugh:

Pics, video or a DoD report or it didn't happen. We get this sort of stuff out of Iran every week if it isn't about developments of autonomous anti-gravity craft with lasers.:rolleyes:

Iran would want to broadcast its victory of shooting down a single unmanned drone to the world. Moreso if its in a mildly harmed condition.

Iran's state media alone is not a credible source as has been proven numerous times in the past, and all these other articles seem to trace back there to its 'unnamed military official'.

Well if true it hardly matters. Drones are replaceable, you might as well cheer over destroying an m-16 rifle with a camera.

Just saw over TV ! Well done Iran ... If they can shoot drones , why cant we ? :what:

Because Iran is on high alert following the suspicion that Israel may attack, while we weren't expecting any fire by NATO.

Well if true it hardly matters. Drones are replaceable
RQ-170 is new, highly advanced and highly-classified stealth drone with AESA. IF Iranians got RQ-170 in a good shape, they will reverse engineer it, and this would advance their own UAVs by years. So its a double victory - moral and R&D.

RQ 170 UAV??
Are you kidding me? Isn't RQ 170 UAV is the one used for spying Obama, i mean Osama, over Abbotabad? Isn't RQ 170 UAV stealth?
If answers of these questions is in affirmative than kudos to Iran and lesson for Pakistan Army to upgrade its apparatus atleast to the detect gunships, leave aside such UAVs, in future as is done by Iran. Congrats to Iran.

Getting rid of Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Pakistan is what you should have done a long time ago. Who killed Osama again? ISI or the U.S. military?

Al-Quada? The ones you funded against the soviets? And where is the proof Osama was killed in Pakistan? I didn't see any pictures? If you guys want a picture proof of UAV, I want some god damn proof about Osama.

The most interesting part of this story is that Iran has claimed it NEVER shot down the drone at all. Rather its cyber warfare units hacked into remote control system of the this most sophisticated drone and brought it down under Iranian pilot control. Very hard to believe indeed. But if true and proven by pictures or video this would be the first time in history of warfare that such a thing has occurred. This would make Iranians the only nation holding technology of hacking into flying planes and bringing them down without firing shots. A whole new concept in air defense. Read for the Iranian claim here: Iran says it downed unmanned U.S. spy plane - The Washington Post

Back
Top Bottom