What's new

US Report: Saudi Army Paper Tiger

It was the pressure put on Usrael to give back Sinai by force that worked, Suez navigation was part of it.. Egypt had tried so many times before the war to get sinai through diplomatic efforts, but it was faced by a categorical no and then it was yes through force , So Egypt has won the war, might have lost a few battles, it has trapped the main of the Usraeli forces on the west side of Sinai and had to operations to finish them off, they showed the plans to Kissinger who said the the US won;t allow that and it will intervene, so a ceasefire was reached.. a comprehensive search will hand you the facts and truths..

Well may be you are right but from the start from 1948 the plan was to finish israel ... For that purpose egypt seized suez canal ... At the end of all wars israel was still there ... egypt had to acvept israel ... Had to open suez canal ... And had done most of these as a part of negotiation to get back sinai ... I think its other way around that egypt might have won more battles of youm kapoor but on overall scale egypt and infact all muslim nations including pakistan has surrendered to israel ... So unfortunately we lost ...

Brother denial of fact is no bravery ... Israel on the face of earth is the very fact that we muslims have failed for now ...

Saudis have asked other countries to protect itself, mainly USA & Pakistan. This is why their armed forces lack operational experience.
Saudis must understand that it has to fight its own wars and not rely on others to do it.

Bro, what are you smoking?

Saudi Arabia feared Saddam Hussein to the extent that they sought American assistance to topple him, even paid the Americans for this war in 1991.

US also demonstrated the capability to occupy two countries simultaneously in Iraq and Afghanistan. Do you think that Saudi Arabia could manage the same in its place?

US can wipe-out any nation from existence but it will not go that far under normal circumstances.

Now, it is really difficult and expensive to defeat an ideological opponent through conventional methods because it tends to blend into the civilians, doesn't relies on state-based infrastructure to function and may have legs in several countries. ISIS is an international phenomenon, not exactly confined to a single country. Taliban is more or less similar since it has legs in Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan. In order to decisively defeat these forces, US will have to work with the countries where the phenomenon exists or bomb them to smithereens. Problem with the latter approach is that it will lead to a major humanitarian crises and millions of innocents will die.
I had read the book by US general who lead op desert storm. I can tell you one thing for sure. Saudis are the bravest people who are ready to sacrifice. among all arabs they were fighting iraqis on ground themselves. Their general(i forgot his name) was fighting the war on the front lines with soldiers. You must read the history.
US cannot wipe out true nations. they did used every method including carpet bombing but lost ti vietnam.

Saudis have asked other countries to protect itself, mainly USA & Pakistan. This is why their armed forces lack operational experience.
Saudis must understand that it has to fight its own wars and not rely on others to do it.
that's the only thing they lack. it could have been seen in yemen war easily. but things will improve with time.

Well may be you are right but from the start from 1948 the plan was to finish israel ... For that purpose egypt seized suez canal ... At the end of all wars israel was still there ... egypt had to acvept israel ... Had to open suez canal ... And had done most of these as a part of negotiation to get back sinai ... I think its other way around that egypt might have won more battles of youm kapoor but on overall scale egypt and infact all muslim nations including pakistan has surrendered to israel ... So unfortunately we lost ...

Brother denial of fact is no bravery ... Israel on the face of earth is the very fact that we muslims have failed for now ...
I respect your opinion brother..the facts are different though, Egypt had to fight the French and the British (two colonial powers) along with Usrael for the Suez canal, which is Egyptian, Egypt did not seize it it closed it to navigation!
Remember also that the Usraelis of 1948 were mainly soldiers with the Allies in WW2 so they had the experience, weapons and the support of the Brits mainly. the latter killed 40 000 armed (lightly mainly with old carbines) Palestinian men and handed Jerusalem to the Usraelis.. If you study the 1973 war (Ramadan war or Yom kipor war as it is called on both sides) you'll find out the facts that Egypt won the war and the Syrian front was in a stand still.. In fact the Arabs found out that they were fighting the US through a proxy called Usrael. read what Kissinger threatened Sadat with when he told him that he had trapped the main Usraeli forces on the west side of the canal in Sinai and showed him 2 different plans to finish them off..these are historical facts, Sadat said in his book that he could fight Usrael but he couldn't fight the US.. this is why I posted that Arabs won the war but on US condition of making peace with Usrael (or face the US overtly)..Egypt got the best it could get , it got back the Sinai peninsula as well as US economical aid and free weapons.. before the war Usrael won't even accept to talk to Egypt.. So brother the ones who live in denial are the Usraelis, you should read a lot about the conflict, there are too many hidden facts.. beside all this the Muslims took back Jerusalem Al Qods after more than a 100 years of occupation by the crusaders..
And here is a question to make you think about the outcome of the Ramadan war of 1973" Why would both Usrael and the US threaten the Arabs with nuclear war if they were wining it?
Through this you should know that we are not denying anything, the Arabs got the best they could get while avoiding US nuclear wrath, and Usrael got to live for another day..

Last edited:
That is old KSA, not today's KSA..you're still living in the past?

Tha
I respect your opinion brother..the facts are different though, Egypt had to fight the French and the British (too colonial powers) along with Usrael for the Suez canal, which is Egyptian, Egypt did not seize it it closed it to navigation!
Remember also that the Usraelis of 1948 were mainly soldiers with the Allies in WW2 so they had the experience, weapons and the support of the Brits mainly. the latter killed 40 000 armed (lightly mainly with old carbines) Palestinian men and handed Jerusalem to the Usraelis.. If you study the 1973 war (Ramadan war or Yom kipor war as it is called on both sides) you'll find out the facts that Egypt won the war and the Syrian front was in a stand still.. In fact the Arabs found out that they were fighting the US through a proxy called Usrael. read what Kissinger threatened Sadat with when he told him that he had trapped the main Usraeli forces on the west side of the canal in Sinai and showed him 2 different plans to finish them off..these are historical facts, Sadat said in his book that he could fight Usrael but he couldn't fight the US.. this is why I posted that Arabs won the war but on US condition of making peace with Usrael (or face the US overtly)..Egypt got the best it could get , it got back the Sinai peninsula as well as US economical aid and free weapons.. before the war Usrael won't even accept to talk to Egypt.. So brother the ones who live in denial are the Usraelis, you should read a lot about the conflict, there are too many hidden facts.. beside all this the Muslims took back Jerusalem Al Qods after more than a 100 years of occupation by the crusaders..
And here is a question to make you think about the outcome of the Ramadan war of 1973" Why would both Usrael and the US threaten the Arabs with nuclear war if they were wining it?
Through this you should know that we are not denying anything, the Arabs got the best they could get while avoiding US nuclear wrath, and Usrael got to live for another day..
Thanks brother for letting me know slight more details ...

I agree i should read more as current knowledge of mine is limited ...

So your post has riased stature of egyptians in my eyes ...

Thanks ...

Aren't most of their graduates graduating in Islamic studies? They lack real world skills and have bad intelligence.

Saudi Arabia seems to be at an inflection point, moving away from the stereotypes and cliched readings that seem to pervade.

Saudis are becoming more militarily independent, as demonstrated by Yemen.

Their forces are becoming more experienced and battle-hardened, as demonstrated by Yemen.

They are beginning to take serious strides towards indigenous military production and a recognition of its need, as demonstrated by the threads you'll see on this forum and the vision of MBS.

They are beginning to take serious steps to lessen their dependence on oil, as is well known.

It appears, by any objective standard, that the Saudis of today are moving. To me, it seems like they're trying to emulate the UAE, albeit with a bigger machine (which means more risks and opportunities).

Feel free to criticise Saudi Arabia, that's your right. But in doing so, at least be fair enough (to your own intellect) to recognise the recent shifts in attitudes and practice.

Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
israel vs saudi military my bet on israel will win

saudis are making too many mistakes , equipment and money is there and power is there but they need better training

strong muslim military are Pakistan Turkey Hamas and Hezbollah Iran i would choose SAA still it doing great work

paper tiger it bit harsh on saudis

but yeah if saudis would be able to take care of there own they would not have american troops in saudi

israel vs saudi military my bet on israel will win

saudis are making too many mistakes , equipment and money is there and power is there but they need better training

strong muslim military are Pakistan Turkey Hamas and Hezbollah Iran i would choose SAA still it doing great work

paper tiger it bit harsh on saudis

but yeah if saudis would be able to take care of there own they would not have american troops in saudi

Obviously Israel would win, I leave you with this statistic: 1.6 billion Muslims. 12 Nobel prizes. 16 million Jews, 194 Nobel prizes. The Saudis are very lazy I never hear about good education or science or tolerance in the country.... Israel top 10 most powerful country in the world and has a lot of firepower and influence... There ecnomoy is not unreliable like Saudis and they can fight multiple nations and conquer them at the same time like Israel see the six day war..... Numbers aren't everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom