What's new

US Navy drones: Coming to a carrier near China?

Strange...I went to Korea not too many years ago. A lot of US bases..no PLA ones. We went to war to keep South Korea free, still is. And in China's backyard..not ours.

That argument would be very valid, if the US didn't cross the 38th parallel and invade North Korea. That was what brought China into the war.

Unless you're going to say that South Korean freedom depends on occupying North Korea.

That argument would be very valid, if the US didn't cross the 38th parallel and invade North Korea. That was what brought China into the war.

Unless you're going to say that South Korean freedom depends on occupying North Korea.

Still valid, South Korea was kept free, thus our objective for entering the war was accomplished. It's sad for the North Koreans that we couldn't reunite them with their southern counter-parts under the prosperity and democratic system of South Korea, but SK was secured.

^ Some mighty superpower was beaten up badly by a bunch of peasants. :laugh:

Yesterday, it was PLA beating USA, tomorrow it will be PLAAF and PLAN. :azn:

Still valid, South Korea was kept free, thus our objective for entering the war was accomplished. It's sad for the North Koreans that we couldn't reunite them with their southern counter-parts under the prosperity and democratic system of South Korea, but SK was secured.

Pretty sure Kim Jong's Papa thought the same about SK and I'm pretty he felt morally justified just like you do now.

i think this air carrier drone cant be a decider.us has technology but china got econmy and man power USA is no match for china i think USA forgot korean war and vietnam war they need a reminder

I don't think UAV's are capable of air to air combat just yet. Not the Chinese ones anyways, or are they?

dificult to beleive...just think how much computational power will be needed to fly the plane autonomous?then identify target...probably manoever to evade enemy fire...

post links plz

they are not meant for air to air combat, but ground attack and surviellence. and thier rcs would be quite a bit smaller then a f-22 making them very hard to detect. as evidenced by the repeated overflights of Pakistan by the RQ-170 recently without detection.

Boeing X-45 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Boeing X-45 unmanned combat air vehicle is a concept demonstrator for a next generation of completely autonomous military aircraft"

x45_ucav.jpg

The Navy's X-47B Will Be So Autonomous, You Can Steer It With Mouse Clicks | Popular Science

"If all goes well, the X-47B could be autonomously showing Navy pilots how to put a multimillion aircraft down on a sea-tossed carrier deck by 2014."

J-UCAS-Ops_550x275.jpg

Pretty sure Kim Jong's Papa thought the same about SK and I'm pretty he felt morally justified just like you do now.

I have little doubt he did, but history and general standard of living differences have proved him wrong.

I have little doubt he did, but history and general standard of living differences have proved him wrong.

*I'm taking note here*

Money = Right

and besides history doesn't judge. It doesn't have human qualities, people see in it what they want.

*I'm taking note here*

Money = Right

and besides history doesn't judge. It doesn't have human qualities, people see in it what they want.

Let's be honest tho...when you immigrated, I noticed you picked Canada and not North Korea..

*I'm taking note here*

Money = Right

Let's be honest tho...when you immigrated, I noticed you picked Canada and not North Korea..
Actually I didn't have much of a choice.
And you still do not have a choice today as an adult? Money does not always make things 'right' but life is usually better with money than without. So now you have a choice, it is telling that you chose to live and enjoy the luxuries of life, things that are beyond the basic necessities, in Canada rather than North Korea or even closer -- Cuba.

Hard times mean Cuban coffee tastes of peas again | World news | The Guardian
guardian.co.uk, Friday 6 May 2011 18.02 BST

For some it had the acrid smack of austerity, for others it was a delicious brew that tasted just right. Either way, coffee mixed with roasted peas is returning to Cuba.

The island used to produce 60,000 tonnes of beans annually and was reputedly the world's top exporter in the 1940s, but output shrivelled after the plantations were nationalised. Labour shortages, negligence, incompetence and lack of incentives due to low prices all played a part.
All those Canada -- and others -- Cuba trade deals and still the Cubans cannot have a decent cup-a-joe. But hey...Everything is open to interpretations, especially by those who are secretly guilty of enjoying the finer pleasures of life while rhetorically trying to make more palatable the miseries produced by poverty in places like Cuba and North Korea. Actually...Everything MUST be open to interpretations, open as wide as possible.

Back
Top Bottom