US 'bunker buster' bomb to be ready soon: Pentagon

Discussion in 'Pakistan Defence & Industry' started by gubbi, Oct 11, 2009.

Share This Page

1. gubbi

gubbi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,033 / -0
    India
    US 'bunker buster' bomb to be ready soon: Pentagon
    Whoa!!!
    [​IMG]

Meet MOP, Boeing's new bunker-busting super-bomb

Dig Deeper, It Won’t Help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. M_Saint

M_Saint FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 974 / -0
    Bangladesh
    By seeing Indian excitement about it, it looks like they are expecting the delivery through their ISRO buddies before it reaches USAF out!:cheesy:
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. abbasniazi

abbasniazi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,738 / -0
    USA's building of new bombs is a blessing for those who could be the potential target of these bombs because the probable victims when hear of such news they prepare themselves more enthusiastically.

USA has been building devastating weapons for decades but i am sure their defences at homeland are not as vigilent as others think, one good comitted penetration attempt by the enemies of USA in the USA could put its security at extreme risk and it will certify that americans are as vulnerable as any other human being...
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. gubbi

gubbi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,033 / -0
    India
    Ha ha! What a statement! Try it and they will make sure you will be wishing that you were never born!
    Show me even one feeble attempt being made after 9/11, which has escaped US authorities.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. abbasniazi

abbasniazi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,738 / -0
    I am sure there have been no such attempts as yet, no system is perfect in this world, it has been done once i.e 9/11 , it could happen again and bigger this time...
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,318 / -3
    Pakistan
    And these are the same people who are telling Iran not to build nuclear weapons :rofl:
  7. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,318 / -3
    Pakistan

I have no idea why are u so exsited about a bomb if its GPS guided it can be fooled second if it can penetrate 6m cement people can build a bigger barrier and on top steel plates can be added to defend the targets question that i cant under stand you and people like metallic both of indian orgin are so excited about American weapons is a mystery to me or you are a Potato
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  8. gubbi

gubbi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,033 / -0
    India
    Funny calling me a potato, the only veggie I don't particularly like.
    Did you read how deep that bomb can penetrate? 5000psi dense concrete is stronger than steel, aint it? And you are talking about 6m?
    Anyways, I wasn't 'happy' about the bomb per se, but more interesting is the technology that made this possible. Human imagination knows no boundaries, i.e. if it is not shackled with preconceived notions, narrow limited thinking and herd mentality (read religious indoctrination)!
  9. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,318 / -3
    Pakistan
    My point was simple this bomb has its limits to how deep it can go U can build defensive wall bigger then that.

And as human destructive power is concerned U are right yet we have not been able to cure common cold.
  10. gubbi

gubbi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,033 / -0
    India
    How far deep can you construct huge structures to house large numbers of industrial scale equipment? Will it be economically feasible, not to mention an engineering challenge!
    Something what common people don't know is this, there are about more than a 100 different types of Viruses (and not bacteria) which cause cold/flu!! That's why they don't give antibiotics for flu! Now if you have any idea about how vaccines are developed, you will realize what a nightmare it is to design vaccines against more than 100 different viruses - for a simple disease! And since Viruses are far more simpler (structurally/physiologically/biochemically) than Bacteria, Antibiotics don't work on viruses!
    Another ability of some viruses is their propensity to mutate and adapt to their surroundings very quickly! And that my friend is why vaccines are very difficult to develop against such viruses.
  11. Cheetah786

Cheetah786 PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,318 / -3
    Pakistan
    If i have to explain the point to u i am better off just walking away from this conversation.