What's new

Uri terror attack aftermath: India is never going to compare itself with Pakistan

There was undoubtedly a bigoted element that resented the creation of Pakistan right at the outset, and the rest of us were appalled by them. That was not the tipping point. The tipping point was when they came to power the third time, and one of the routine Pakistani atrocities was picked up by them to show their machismo and their readiness to leap to the defence of the country. Having made loud proclamations of their greater spirit and fortitude in facing up to hostile attacks, when there were such hostile attacks at Pathankot and at Uri in quick succession, they found themselves trapped in a trap of their own making. Fortunately, the Army came to their rescue, and did what the Army has always done: get even somewhere else. The difference was that these cynical people picked up that operation and trumpeted it from the rooftops as a unique occurrence. As a political initiative. Now we may expect every counter-attack by the Army to be hailed by them, led by the propaganda monster who is a minister. That is the difference between then and now.
And not expecting a reaction from the other side, what fairy tale world do our Indian friends live in?
Destroy?
I disagree.
If India wanted to expand its territory then it could have easily taken eastern Pakistan under its wings. Creating Bangladesh wasn't necessary at all.
Destroy by separating it. The hatred has always been very strong, our ability to underestimate or not estimate at all has been our biggest weakness. Gain land, never said such a thing. Land is okay, people are hated. Land is pretty much claimed.
The most common reaction would be that Pakistan is a stone age country run by terrorists.
Exactly what i am talking about! And thats what you are expected to say too; and are expected to believe; and expect to do anything to see too. I don't blame your hatred for Pakistan, it's been cleverly brainwashed into society in general. It's a two-way street now unfortunately.

And not expecting a reaction from the other side, what fairy tale world do our Indian friends live in?

Oh, the reaction is expected. These have always been expected, and it goes on. Earlier, these were approved at the Corps level, never even going up to the Command. Now, for the first time, the civilians responsible for oversight have urged it. A very unwelcome sign. One that will cost both countries dearly.

Destroy by separating it. The hatred has always been very strong, our ability to underestimate or not estimate at all has been our biggest weakness. Gain land, never said such a thing. Land is okay, people are hated. Land is pretty much claimed.

Exactly what i am talking about! And thats what you are expected to say too; and are expected to believe; and expect to do anything to see too. I don't blame your hatred for Pakistan, it's been cleverly brainwashed into society in general. It's a two-way street now unfortunately.

When it comes to Kashmir, Pakistan does not want it to be compared to India. India is keeping Kashmiris under illegal occupation.

By trumpeting its terror allegations against Pakistan, it is trying to confuse the message coming from Kashmir - that of freedom and independence from India.

Land is okay, people are hated.
IMO, those who separated from India have a reason to hate India and not the other way around.
Land is pretty much claimed.
Are we treading towards the K issue?

Destroy by separating it.
Do you mean India tried to destroy Pakistan by assisting in the creation of BD?
Wajsie, frankly speaking it flummoxes me as to how one could come up with the idea of ONE country with its other part lying across a subcontinent?
How pragmatic do you think the idea was?
How effectively do you think both the parts could have been managed? And for how long?

Indian defence policy,foreign policy or local political anti state mantra lies in Pakistan bashing and destruction.

Aristotle said long ago, never make businessman your leader.

What did I just read?

Pakistan-obsessed India never wants to compare herself with Pakistan?

Is something like this possible?

Just leave us alone, we don't want to have to do anything with you. Mr. Modi, can you have one single foreign trip or a meeting without crying about Pakistan?

If you actually manage to do that, it would be a great relief for the region!

But I won't set my hope too high!

Noone in Pakistan want to be compared with india either. I don't wanna be harsh but try calling a Pakistani, an indian on his face and see the results.
The guy from Islamabad with a surname Rajput who tried that with me I had picked up and beaten up until his father begged me to get him released.
So yeah.

Pakistani's in the pakistani media

Similar idiots such as the ones who titled this video faced the above.

"Obsession" : A Word used by a Person who Always , Searches and Makes attempts to post "Something Negative" about India ! How Ironic !

As far as "Paper Reality" Comparision is concerned, The Litmus test suggests :

1.Its True, India and Pakistan have similar issues in the Areas of Education, Poverty and Corruption
2. India is now a 2 Trillion Economy with 8% Growth , hence money is being spent in Billions fro Sanitation , Education , health care ( Though the Target is still far far away ).
3. India is Spending HUGE amounts over Defence

As far as Pakistan is concerned, 2 & 3 are a Distant Dream due to this :

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1199751/govt-missed-imf-external-debt-targets-14-billion/

if you have something positive to say to him, you will be surprised the positives he finds in you.

Pakistan was NEVER comparable to India. Forget landmass and population size. The basic issue of system and governance that has plagued Pakistan has not even come close within India.

The only place where India has caught a "bug" from Pakistan is religious extremism.

Pakistan was NEVER comparable to India. Forget landmass and population size. The basic issue of system and governance that has plagued Pakistan has not even come close within India.

The only place where India has caught a "bug" from Pakistan is religious extremism.

The only place is unfortunately precisely the weakest point of the Indian polity. It has the potential to break us. It threatens the social contract under which India grew. However hypocritical the Congress was about shunning religious bias, it paid lip service to it.

Now the lip service has gone and we are face to face with the harsh realities of social attitude and behaviour that earlier were confined to the cow belt.

The only place is unfortunately precisely the weakest point of the Indian polity. It has the potential to break us. It threatens the social contract under which India grew. However hypocritical the Congress was about shunning religious bias, it paid lip service to it.

Now the lip service has gone and we are face to face with the harsh realities of social attitude and behaviour that earlier were confined to the cow belt.
It may or may not have an impact, but it certainly will determine the future of India as a tolerant society or an intolerant one. Problem is with religion itself; this is not a man-made idea as much as people try to put it in its place. Because in the eyes of its adherents, it is unquestionable and hence any commentary or sub-ideology within it is difficult to refute due to human logic centres deciding to shut themselves off (ironic that most religions did not start out with that premise).

You can defeat communism and Facism because at their core are mortal beings as the beacon. With religion and the possibility of a non-corporeal and immortal entity as the core commanding beacon; there is always hope for that ideology.

Which means that there is no convincing religious extremists otherwise.

It may or may not have an impact, but it certainly will determine the future of India as a tolerant society or an intolerant one. Problem is with religion itself; this is not a man-made idea as much as people try to put it in its place. Because in the eyes of its adherents, it is unquestionable and hence any commentary or sub-ideology within it is difficult to refute due to human logic centres deciding to shut themselves off (ironic that most religions did not start out with that premise).

You can defeat communism and Facism because at their core are mortal beings as the beacon. With religion and the possibility of a non-corporeal and immortal entity as the core commanding beacon; there is always hope for that ideology.

Which means that there is no convincing religious extremists otherwise.

My view is that of the elderly, decidedly gloomy. This religious extremism seeping into public life is not exactly accidental. Without making an RSS conspiracy theory and presenting it, it is still relevant to look at the sweeping changes overtaking India at the social level. There is an excellent presentation by Nilgiri, who for once has stopped baiting Bangladeshis and found a very good article. It is useful as it underlines the two influences forming the India of today. One is the tidal wave of people coming into the cities, which are bursting at the seams; the other is the shift in the direction and method of learning that is taking place, and that contributed to the prosperity that the article mistakenly celebrates.

The change from 80:20 to 60:40 has meant that Indian cities are filled with people from towns and villages; also, something often overlooked, Indian towns are filled with people from the villages. First, it puts unbearable strain on the existing infrastructure; second, it brings to the city the decidedly less disciplined culture of the village; third, worst, it carries en masse to the city the social attitudes prevalent in Indian villages. This is one reason why the Indian city today is no longer the advanced cultural and socially evolving centre that the Maurya, the Gupta, the Sultans, the Mughals, the Marathas, the Sikhs and the British fashioned. They are agglomerations of villages, with village boorishness leaking out at every pore.

The second phenomenon is that we no longer educate the way Macaulay thought we ought to. That is probably a good thing; his model was posited on a colonialism of the most obnoxious kind. But what has replaced it is something that gives the village social and cultural attitude the Good Housekeeping seal of approval - Indian professional education through private colleges and universities. We no longer educate our citizens after school, where the most important social acculturation used to take place; instead, we train them. The loser is the humanities; there is no time for anything but the engineering, the medical, the commercial professional training.

The amalgam of village and town social values and a so-called higher education that is training thinly disguised is highly toxic. It is this that is poisoning us slowly. My daughter is in Canada. I am thankful that the three of them will not be a part of what is happening and is about to happen to us.

PS: The author, Chetan Bhagat, is one of the damaged products of the humanities-free professional training imparted to us, albeit from an IIT. His smug self-satisfaction reflects the values and attitudes of that generation.

Last edited:
Wonder what's in CPEC which boast Indian govt hatred against Pakistan.........................waiting to see the magic of CPEC. Some invisible wand which touch the Indian govt at wrong place.......

Back
Top Bottom