What's new

Urdu Exiled, Welcome Hindi

REEEEEEEE!!!!
Mah language! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

And rather we should be afraid how some members are still infatuated with Urdu.

Hero Alom is more of a social media phenomenon, more like Tahir Shah in Pakistan, now it seems like his popularity has spilled over to India as well... :lol:

People generally follow the Bangla dramas what we call Natok... Mainstream Bangla movies also have some following... The Kolkata-based TV series are also quite popular...
Damn, just searched a bit, yes you are right, this guy is a clown, seems I was deceived by the article, I read a few days back, which presented him as one of the biggest movie stars in BD, lol my bad.

I remember watching a bangla natok in my college days, Aim in life, which was surprisingly refreshing and stuffed with some hilarious scenes. I really liked that, that was the only one I have seen so far, don't remember watching any Kolkata based show barring 'Jonmobhumi' which was really huge by all means, however my girlfriend will be glued to star jolsa from evening 6 to 10 making me hating the very concept of the bengali daily soaps

Sorry but I fail to get the fuss here.

Its a project initiated by Indian authorities under cultural context to give 10 BD students courses in Hindi. Okay, so? I speak Swedish and now learning German, does that degrade my love for Bengali and my national identity? While in Dubai, I spoke Hindi with my Indian friends and Urdu with Pakistani ones. Frankly I didnt even care what I spoke as both sounds exactly same to me.

DU has a full-fledged Urdu department. So does that make us Pakistani?

If there is so much concern, why does not BD embassies abroad start teaching 10 foreign students Bengali through a cultural exchange program? I am 200% sure there would be numerous students who will be interested. Would that degrade them of their identity?

We speak English, taught to us by our ultra racist 'white masters' and if we dont, we are deemed uneducated and 'un-cool'. Why dont I see a concern for national language or identity in that case?

Useless thread.
Thank you for bringing some sanity here

Is this what our freedom fighters laid down their lives for? They must be turning in their grave.

If anything - Hindi speakers should be learning Bangla. If they don't then why should we learn theirs? South Indians absolutely refuse to communicate in Hindi - and they are in India itself.

Bangla language is celebrated as the origin for the 'International Mother Language Day' because of the brave sacrifice of our students in 1952 - that is unparalleled for the love of a language. Show me some example of this from Hindi speakers.....
Hindi is more widespread language than Bengali and understood by almost all linguistic groups in India. I think u should let go of this unnatural and illogical language phobia.

Who told you?
@Bilal9, I am a Bengali from Kolkata. I stayed in Hyd for 8 yrs. Still I don't know Telugu other than few words. All I used to communicate in Hindi with commoners and I never faced any problem.
But this will not be possible in Kolkata. Within a year you will be able to say broken Bengali. People will make you learn.
This I got to learn from my colleagues from non Bengali speaking states.

Is this what our freedom fighters laid down their lives for? They must be turning in their grave.

Yes. They became a pawn of India and this is the destiny of BD as well. Conversion of BD to using Hindi as 2nd language should hopefully accelerate now. Then later we can assault the 1st language and make Indian Bengal the sole proprietor and proper claimant to the Bengali language and settle that issue once and for all as well.

If anything - Hindi speakers should be learning Bangla. If they don't then why should we learn theirs?

A lamb cannot dictate to a tiger that it should bleat and not roar. The lamb in its efforts to live under tiger rule and protection can however mimic roaring the best it can....the tiger does not care about that. The lamb should mind its own business regarding its identity complex instead of whinging in front of the Tiger, who may get impatient and eat it altogether.

South Indians absolutely refuse to communicate in Hindi - and they are in India itself.

Don't talk for us. You know nothing about South India or South Indians. Tamil Nadu is not all of South India and neither is Hindi an unknown language in Tamil Nadu these days.

But its true that Bangladesh will become fully hindi literate well before South India. That is more a comparison for the backbone and cultural resilience of the two populations.

Bangla language is celebrated as the origin for the 'International Mother Language Day' because of the brave sacrifice of our students in 1952 - that is unparalleled for the love of a language. Show me some example of this from Hindi speakers.....

Yeah the world knows about this soooo much.

Your love of a language took you outside protection of a nuclear umbrella and your eternal enemy controls your complete political spectrum.

Have a bad and terrible future while clinging to your "love of language" while the masses tune in and learn Hindi anyway.

BD guys are so meek to their women and are dominated by them...thats the main reason why Indian culture permeates BD through TV, movies and soap operas. We control your country through your women's addiction to India and distaste of Bangladeshi culture...and the men seem to just go along with this. This is seen at the highest political levels too :lol:

This is unofficial ribbon cutting of Bangladesh becoming Indian colony..

Urdu is much sophisticated and Islam friendly than Hindi. Urdu is not new to us. Bangladeshi can learn Urdu much faster than Hindi becasue Muslims already know how to read Arabic and our Bangla is full of Farsi and Arabic loan words.

You should visit South India sometime and you will know you can get along easily with everyone conversing in Hindi. Except the Tamils, people from Andhra, Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala can easily converse in Hindi. Even though we have our primary education in English, southies are thought both their state language and Hindi as well
True and even if they have not learnt the language ,when in school they still can talk in Hindi,a please to a point where they can understand and reply..

True and even if they have not learnt the language ,when in school they still can talk in Hindi,a please to a point where they can understand and reply..

I come from deep speaking tamil country and almost my whole extended family of current generation has learned Hindi in school now (I am only one that learned it more weird way through movies and friends and such because I lived outside country for most of my life).

It will be even more so for next generation. TN integrates more and more with India each generation. KA, KE AP TE already have done so for large part.

Hindi is more widespread language than Bengali and understood by almost all linguistic groups in India. I think u should let go of this unnatural and illogical language phobia.

Hindi is spoken by other language speakers in India (Gujaratis, Maharashtrians etc.) because it is the common Lingua Franca of India. Bengali is only spoken by native-born Bengalis.

Repeating a falsehood numerous times does not make it the truth.

1. Chinese21,197,000,000
2. Spanish414,000,000
3. English335,000,000
4. Hindi260,000,000
5. Arabic3237,000,000
6. Portuguese203,000,000
7. Bengali193,000,000
8. Russian167,000,000
9. Japanese122,000,00010. Javanese84,300,000

Well-educated South Indians don't like to speak Hindi. They can speak in English, why learn Hindi?

I have scores of highly educated South Indian friends and most of them told me they know a smattering of Hindi but don't like speaking in Hindi at all. These are thankfully people with some backbone unlike some panderers and North-Indian false-flaggers that infest this forum.

Hindi is spoken by other language speakers in India (Gujaratis, Maharashtrians etc.) because it is the common Lingua Franca of India. Bengali is only spoken by native-born Bengalis.

Repeating a falsehood numerous times does not make it the truth.
umm what falsehood r u talking about? u just reaffirmed my point. learning Hindi is more useful than Bengali. after all main purpose of language is communication and reaching a wider audience. the reason why we are interacting in English right now. and I find it funny u guys opposed Urdu which was your very own Islamic language, made specifically for upliftment of Muslims, the carrier of Islamic culture in the subcontinent, which no other Indian language can compete with. its a very sad mindset u guys have...living in a shell. Bangali tehzeeb rakhar naam e khuder mazhab khoiye felesos.

umm what falsehood r u talking about? u just reaffirmed my point. learning Hindi is more useful than Bengali. after all main purpose of language is communication and reaching a wider audience. the reason why we are interacting in English right now. and I find it funny u guys opposed Urdu which was your very own Islamic language, made specifically for upliftment of Muslims, the carrier of Islamic culture in the subcontinent, which no other Indian language can compete with. its a very sad mindset u guys have...living in a shell. Bangali tehzeeb rakhar naam e khuder mazhab khoiye felesos.

Let it go, this person literally believes that stitching clothes is way more complicated and advanced than manufacturing a car.

Let him live in his well of ignorance making claims about who he meets and what they said to him, all the while the reality unfolds on the ground.

If you look at the situation in TN now and look at it 10 years back and 20 years back, 30+ years back etc w.r.t Hindi, there is a very noticeable trend of integration and learning it at school...and using it without any regret or sinister emotion.

Hindi is important to communicate with the rest of India...its not a matter of being well educated or not....its a matter of pure simple economics. Same reason why English is also learned (for both India and the world).

And this guy boldly extrapolates from a few expats ...and probably has distorted what they expressed to begin with. Like I said, leave the frogs in their wells. Just learn never to take their word on anything of course and rely on your own experiences....but that's common sense of course.

To be honest, Bengali language is rich with its history and tradition...Why the heck do you even need to learn Hindi or even Urdu language??

To be honest, Bengali language is rich with its history and tradition...Why the heck do you even need to learn Hindi or even Urdu language??
with hindi/urdu you will be able to communicate with 1+ billion people,with bangla hardly 300million?
Pakistanis/Indians are all over the globe learning their language will make them adjust better.

Back
Top Bottom