What's new

Upcoming Pakistani films

Sneak peak of Mona Liza's role in the movie Gidh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Lollywood have its film street?​

LAHORE:
It was around three years ago when Munir Mani last went to Royal Park. It’s neither the chaotic traffic of Lakshmi Chowk nor the half-hour journey that bars Mani from roaming around his favourite place. It’s just the pain of his memories and the noise of printing presses that he wants to avoid, despite a strong urge to visit the area every day.

Mani is a former billboard painter who worked in Royal Park when it used to be the largest market of film-related businesses in Pakistan. Almost everything that he could relate to has vanished from the area. Workshops of billboard artists have been replaced by godowns, cinemas have been razed to make way for shopping plazas and parking lots and offices of film exhibitors and producers have turned into make-shift food stalls and eateries.
Mani is not the only one to be nostalgic about Royal Park. Almost everyone in Lollywood is. But the painter is unusually happy these days, planning to visit his favourite place pretty soon.

Like Mani, there is a hope for all those whose memories are replete with glittering images of Royal Park. After demolishing two food streets in Lahore, the Punjab government has finally agreed to do something concrete for the country’s declining film industry. In a recent meeting with the bigwigs of Lollywood, Member National Assembly and the son of Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, Hamza Shahbaz said he wants to turn Royal Park into a film street.

Details of the projects are still not revealed but in the first phase, Royal Park is being named as Film Street. More decisions about the features of the street will be taken later, a source told The Express Tribune. A notification in this regard is likely to be issued in a few days.

Those who contacted Hamza Shahbaz included film star Reema, Shan, Moamar Rana, Bahar Begum, Ghulam Mohyuddin, Irfan Khosat, Shazia Manzoor, filmmaker Syed Noor, Shahzad Rafique, writer Pervaiz Kalim, studio owners Shehzad Gul and Rahil Bari. The artists gave suggestions to improve the state of film industry.

The suggestion of making Royal Park a film street came from Syed Noor. Talking to The Express Tribune, Noor claimed: “I gave this suggestion to him in a meeting. All of us have very good memories associated with Royal Park and this will be a very good step to convert the place into a film street.” When asked how serious the provincial government was about the project, he replied: “They sounded very interested in the idea and Hamza Sahib assured us that a notification in this regard will be issued soon. We also discussed other issues like the need of equipment and upgradation of film studios with him and we are hopeful things will turn good soon”.

Lollywood history is replete with unfulfilled promises and impractical claims. A digital laboratory has not been established despite several assurances by the government and a grant of Rs50 million, which was to be released for the film industry, is still nowhere to be seen.

Many artists have the same concern. Talking to The Express Tribune, actor Moammar Rana said: “A lot of projects, for the revival of Lollywood have already been announced but not many of them have been completed. We hope that this project is executed and doesn’t just remain on paper.”
“Hamza seemed pretty interested in doing something for Lollywood. However, if we look at history, a lot of projects never got executed. If Hamza follows the tradition of breaking promises, I don’t think anybody from the film industry would ever go to such a meeting again,” said filmmaker Shahzad Rafique.

Mani, on the other hand, is willing to forget all bitter facts for the time being and enjoy the very thought of seeing Royal Park being turned into a film street. “This idea pleases me. I am not sure if this plan will ever be executed but it’s good to dream about good days. And that’s what I am doing… dreaming about Royal Park — a would-be film street,” a wishful Mani maintained.

Will Lollywood have its film street? – The Express Tribune

I doubt there will be a film street soon. But first off they should move all the film studios to Karachi. Also make large and better film studios there, lots of space in Northern Karachi and also near the Hawkes Bay area. Karachi as a port and multi ethnic and religious city used to be the central filmmaking hq for filmmakers and our film industry thrived there but ever since this "Lollywood" came to existence in Lahore, the film industry has gone to tatters. Lahore could be the spot for Punjabi films but for Urdu films Karachi is the only good option. And I think in the future this will happen since many drama serial used to be made in Lahore but now almost all of them are now being made in Karachi. Also many upcoming films are being shot in Karachi.

I doubt there will be a film street soon. But first off they should move all the film studios to Karachi. Also make large and better film studios there, lots of space in Northern Karachi and also near the Hawkes Bay area. Karachi as a port and multi ethnic and religious city used to be the central filmmaking hq for filmmakers and our film industry thrived there but ever since this "Lollywood" came to existence in Lahore, the film industry has gone to tatters. Lahore could be the spot for Punjabi films but for Urdu films Karachi is the only good option. And I think in the future this will happen since many drama serial used to be made in Lahore but now almost all of them are now being made in Karachi. Also many upcoming films are being shot in Karachi.

I agree 100%

Filmmakers and drama directors are shifting to Karachi to do their projects.

I'm pretty sure Karachi is going to play a significant role in the revival of Pakistani cinema.

Sunsanahut (2012) - Movie Stills

Sunsanahut (2012) - Making Stills
Genre : Horror - Thriller - Suspense.
Language : Urdu
Director : Adeel pk
Written By : Adeel pk
Producer : Syed Faisal Bukhari, Hamid Ali, Adeel pk, Jawaad Siddqui

Description : Sunsanahut The House of Death, is a horror film written and directed by Adeel pk, starring Ghayas Ali, Zain Kaleem, Ali Bukhari, Kiran Chohaan, Iqra Azam, Benish Jamaal & Ameer Ali. The film is a story of five college students studying Film Making. Their Horror Assignment becomes gruesome when they find an Basement that releases evil spirits.
The film was extremely controversial for its graphic terror, violence, and gore, Film Is Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround. And Will Release in 2012

Movie Plot : Five students venture into a House of Tennessee to Make a horror film for their college as an assignment. Sameer Stole Keys of his Grandfather's Locked House Which is Far Away From the City. A mystery Happened In the Past By his Elders, Sameer Did't Know Any thing About that And He reached Over there with his Four Classmate Friends. There they find The House of the Dead. While searching the basement of the House, the students find and play a tape recording of demonic incantations, unwittingly resurrecting demons. The characters are then possessed one by one.

sounds like a combination of the Grudge and The Ring except a Pakistani version, nevertheless a good effort.

This movie called Bhai Log looks so funny.
263476_224267950946373_141872589185910_666659_3209932_n.jpg

263703_224267840946384_141872589185910_666658_7942521_n.jpg

268173_224267727613062_141872589185910_666657_5361519_n.jpg

261570_224268020946366_141872589185910_666660_4069205_n.jpg

pakistan cant revive cenima like this, there are proper directions and professional work out, not like this, this is a private production, without film industry, pakistan cant revive its cinema, these just look like a bunch of PTV tele films, or i should say worse than this because those tele films really had an excellent story and acting

very true, these are not even near to a films, just a bunch of guys who made some good dramas and song videos think they can make a film is living in fool's world, I m sure that is reason they got no financier to invest in these so called "films".

very true, these are not even near to a films, just a bunch of guys who made some good dramas and song videos think they can make a film is living in fool's world, I m sure that is reason they got no financier to invest in these so called "films".

i am a big fan of iranian films, they dont have nudity, dance and stupid stories, they dont have big budgets and neither they like to copy bollywood things in their film

they are so meaningful

i think pakistan can learn more from iranian film industry than bollywood, as muslims we are more closer to iran in terms of including the things in our films which are meaningful to our nation

i am a big fan of iranian films, they dont have nudity, dance and stupid stories, they dont have big budgets and neither they like to copy bollywood things in their film

they are so meaningful

Yes, they are Art movies, and good ones, still they are made by professionals, not by drama directors or video producers type.

on the other hand shoiab mansoor still has come up with something worth watching, but here you see if the teaser is so pathetic, expect the film to be Brain Fker !

Yes, they are Art movies, and good ones, still they are made by professionals, not by drama directors or video producers type.

on the other hand shoiab mansoor still has come up with something worth watching, but here you see if the teaser is so pathetic, expect the film to be Brain Fker !

i watched khuda ke liye i with all honesty i didnt find something in that film pakistanis are looking for, even though it had some drama to entertain

for shoaib mansur i must say the guy is a bigot, he makes films in order to please liberals, for they can have some material to criticise the values which are hold dear by us muslims

i am talking about films who can provide us good message not some movie made to exploit the current pakistani situation

i have heard the movie BOL has also topics like incest, rape etc, i dont know, even a funny bollywood movie is better than shoaib mansur movie which brings more negativity to pakistanis and pakistan

i watched khuda ke liye i with all honesty i didnt find something in that film pakistanis are looking for, even though it had some drama to entertain

for shoaib mansur i must say the guy is a bigot, he makes films in order to please liberals, for they can have some material to criticise the values which are hold dear by us muslims

i am talking about films who can provide us good message not some movie made to exploit the current pakistani situation

i have heard the movie BOL has also topics like incest, rape etc, i dont know, even a funny bollywood movie is better than shoaib mansur movie which brings more negativity to pakistanis and pakistan

I was not referring to the contents of it, but the ability to produce a Film, he makes propaganda movies for sure, this is what he is paid for.

Another sneak peak of Gidh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom