What's new

United States will modernize the Saudi Arabian National Guard with military

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
The Defense Security Cooperation Agency of United States notified Congress today of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Saudi Arabia for the continuation of the United States-supported effort to modernize the Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG), and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $4.0 billion.

Saudi_Arabian_National_Guard_soldiers_during_military_parade_640_001.jpg

Saudi Arabian National Guard soldiers at military parade.
The Government of Saudi Arabia has requested a possible sale for the continuation of the United Statessupported effort to modernize the Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG), consisting of the following defense services: OPM-SANG operation, support and equipment, and Modernization Program support, personnel training and training equipment, transportation, repair and return, spare and repair parts, automation initiatives, SANG Health Affairs Program support, construction, communication and support equipment, publications and technical documentation, U.S. Government and contractor technical, engineering, and logistics support services, and other related elements of program support. The estimated cost is $4.0 billion.

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by making a key regional ally and partner in the international fight against terrorism more capable of defeating those who would threaten regional stability and less reliant on the deployment of U.S. combat forces to maintain or restore stability in the Middle East.

The continuation of services under the Saudi Arabian National Guard Modernization Program is an evolution of Saudi Arabia as an effective defensive force with the advice, assistance, and training of the U.S. Army. The Modernization Program ensures necessary training, logistics, support, doctrine development and force integration for the continuing expansion and use of their weapon systems. These services will remain the cornerstone of an effort to upgrade and enhance the infrastructure of this organization.

The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.

The principal contractor will be Vinell Arabia. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.

Implementation of this proposed sale may require the assignment of additional U.S. Government or contractor representatives to Saudi Arabia. At present, there are approximately 250 U.S. Government personnel and 650 representatives in country supporting the Saudi Arabian National Guard Modernization Program.
United States will modernize the Saudi Arabian National Guard with military equipment 2206132*-*Army Recognition

appears Petro Dollars in oil rich kingdoms in gulf, is making a way for itself to head back to its origin...and looking at the current and potential GAS discoveries in the US, I doubt gulf countries would ever be able to get them back in the same volume….

No, it has nothing to do with the so-called Arab spring here is why :-

Last month, the Saudi National Guard was upgraded from a commission to a ministry. This upgrade means that the Saudi National Guard will go through a dramatic change. Firstly, the SNG will expand its defense capability, recruiting as many as 150k military personnel, forming an independent Air Force on its own as well as founding 2 military colleges.

In addition, the SNG will expand its medical facilities by establishing 3 more hospitals and medical universities.

The contract will include purchasing Abrams tanks, among other equipments.

Two countries are expected to participate in the expansion of the SNG. First is the US and second is Pakistan. The US contract is estimated to be above $4 billions, the 15-year contract will be signed in Aug.

The SNG has been testing Al-Khalid for a while ,and the contract is supposedly to be sign this year. In addition to the aforementioned tanks, SNG special forces will receive an excessive training by the SNSG, they are planning to create an SSG-like special forces. The SNG has also shown interests in JF-17 Thunder, as well as other Pakistani military equipments.

I'm a part-time T.A. at SNG Uni, I'm very happy to see the SNG expanding its defense capabilities, medical sectors, and higher educational institutions.

Also ensuring that any inkling of Egypt type possibilities or migrant worker uprising is put down with brute and effective force.

We cleaned them all man, I don't know what the devil you're talking about.
When will US invade Saudi Arabia and disable massive terrorists networks ?

Sorry man. KSA doesn't consider Iran to be an Islamic state. Even the OIC condemned Iran reckless intervention in Syria.
It is all policy based approach by making middle east scared of IRAN. We Muslims are not united.

appears Petro Dollars in oil rich kingdoms in gulf, is making a way for itself to head back to its origin...and looking at the current and potential GAS discoveries in the US, I doubt gulf countries would ever be able to get them back in the same volume….

LoL. KSA itself has the 5th largest natural gas reserves. Similarly, it has the 5th largest reserve of Shale gas, not to mention the recent crude oil discoveries in the West Coast.

No, it has nothing to do with the so-called Arab spring here is why :-

Last month, the Saudi National Guard was upgraded from a commission to a ministry. This upgrade means that the Saudi National Guard will go through a dramatic change. Firstly, the SNG will expand its defense capability, recruiting as many as 150k military personnel, forming an independent Air Force on its own as well as founding 2 military colleges.

In addition, the SNG will expand its medical facilities by establishing 3 more hospitals and medical universities.

The contract will include purchasing Abrams tanks, among other equipments.

Two countries are expected to participate in the expansion of the SNG. First is the US and second is Pakistan. The US contract is estimated to be above $4 billions, the 15-year contract will be signed in Aug.

The SNG has been testing Al-Khalid for a while ,and the contract is supposedly to be sign this year. In addition to the aforementioned tanks, SNG special forces will receive an excessive training by the SNSG, they are planning to create an SSG-like special forces. The SNG has also shown interests in JF-17 Thunder, as well as other Pakistani military equipments.

I'm a part-time T.A. at SNG Uni, I'm very happy to see the SNG expanding its defense capabilities, medical sectors, and higher educational institutions.

We cleaned them all man, I don't know what the devil you're talking about.

Sorry man. KSA doesn't consider Iran to be an Islamic state. Even the OIC condemned Iran reckless intervention in Syria.

LoL. KSA itself has the 5th largest natural gas reserves. Similarly, it has the 5th largest reserve of Shale gas, not to mention the recent crude oil discoveries in the West Coast.

Well this is great news , the SNG will develop into a professional army dedicated to fighting insurgents , proxies and terrorists while the Saudi Arabian land forces will focus solely on repelling conventional armies.

I think the peninsula shield force and SNG might be joined together in the future into a bigger military , after all both have the same role concentrating mostly on fighting insurgents and proxies while acting as a highly mobile force to support heavily armed conventional armies.

The next few decades threat will mainly come from payed proxies and insurgents , no country in the region would dare to directly attack Saudi Arabia , after Saddam gone , Assad finished along with Hizbullah clowns , the only threat would only come from insurgents .

Well this is great news , the SNG will develop into a professional army dedicated to fighting insurgents , proxies and terrorists while the Saudi Arabian land forces will focus solely on repelling conventional armies.

I think the peninsula shield force and SNG might be joined together in the future into a bigger military , after all both have the same role concentrating mostly on fighting insurgents and proxies while acting as a highly mobile force to support heavily armed conventional armies.

The next few decades threat will mainly come from payed proxies and insurgents , no country in the region would dare to directly attack Saudi Arabia , after Saddam gone , Assad finished along with Hizbullah clowns , the only threat would only come from insurgents .

Yes, I'm optimistic about the SNG future, and positively sure that they will enhanced our defense capabilities to the entire GCC. They did conduct a number of excerises with the PAS to counter threats like encirclements and holding defense positions and all. Aside from KSA, the UAE is getting stronger which also makes us feels comfortable more and more.

It is all policy based approach by making middle east scared of IRAN. We Muslims are not united.

Saudi Arabia is one of few countries that worked on Muslim unity more than anyone else
1) forming a common market between 6 muslim gulf countries
2) creating a joint military force between them now number at 50 thousand and will be further increased.
3) Adding two new countries to the Gulf alliance Jordan and Morroco with Egypt join soon
4) Creating a special strategic relationship with Turkey

Now in terms of Middle East Saudi Arabia has worked with all important Muslim Countries there , but on the otherhand Iran is not regarded as a muslim country , neither a persian could be muslim or a muslim could be persian .

Understand this majority of persians do not even believe in Islam , they are controlled by a small religious minority , but this wount go on for long and anyway there is nothing Arabs and Persian share in common whether religion, culture, common history or even language.

Yes, I'm optimistic about the SNG future, and positively sure that they will enhanced our defense capabilities to the entire GCC. They did conduct a number of excerises with the PAS to counter threats like encirclements and holding defense positions and all. Aside from KSA, the UAE is getting stronger which also makes us feels comfortable more and more.

Man the GCC does not face threat , but we must prepare for all circumstance , basically clowns like houthi form no threat to anyone they are not more than practise clowns for Saudi Army.

Saudi Arabia is only over-playing the threat to accelerate the integration and creation of the GCC confederation and to be honest with you I am happy with what the current Saudi government is doing .

After all the only threat GCC countries face comes from Bahrain where only 1/10 tenth of the PAF force was enough to end them for good , the only major threat we might face is if the clowns on the other side attempt to close hormuz but that would be a declaration of war against the whole world something they cant afford really.

Saudi Arabia has a quite large population and most of it young people , it still has a lot of potenial among its youth whom could turn it into a world middle power , not Just a major regional power.

We had a threat long time ago when the whole gulf population back in 1980 barely crossed 6 million , but Today situation changed a lot , Saudi Arabia is proofed to be able to act beyond its borders effectively Just like what Happened in Bahrain and Yemen .

Our combined strength will only increase and I am happy with Saudi Arabia quite massive military build-up , at the end we all complement each other for the sake of the Gulf and our close friends.

well, I never downsized KSA’s proven reserve, I emphasized on finding of mass reserve in one of the biggest energy consumers in the world, if their own source make them energy independent then certainly it will change the balance of energy trade in the world which is in favour of large producer’s in GULF….Russia has almost taken over the number 1 slot, now the US is on its way to take the second position….IF KSA have to live without the US and may be witout China in coming future [with help of Russia with whom they have recently signed $270b oil deal and gas deal is expected to be sealed soon], then I doubt what KSA will do with their huge reserves….If you see, all these countries are consuming energy to fuel their economy unlike KSA which is dependent only on OIL to earn their bread , butter and ultra-expensive imported luxury items...This is the reason, I still feel, time is not so long before petrol dollar starts heading back to its origin from GULF.

well, I never downsized KSA’s proven reserve, I emphasized on finding of mass reserve in one of the biggest energy consumers in the world, if their own source make them energy independent then certainly it will change the balance of energy trade in the world which is in favour of large producer’s in GULF….Russia has almost taken over the number 1 slot, now the US is on its way to take the second position….IF KSA have to live without the US and may be witout China in coming future [with help of Russia with whom they have recently signed $270b oil deal and gas deal is expected to be sealed soon], then I doubt what KSA will do with their huge reserves….If you see, all these countries are consuming energy to fuel their economy unlike KSA which is dependent only on OIL to earn their bread , butter and ultra-expensive imported luxury items...This is the reason, I still feel, time is not so long before petrol dollar starts heading back to its origin from GULF.

So the reason why you feel that the gulf is heading back to its origins is because Saudi depends only oil exports to earn their bread and butter, and expensive luxury items. That's a hilarious judgments. Do you even know that KSA has been investing in heavy industries in and out KSA? Do you know that KSA is building 40 industrious cities?

I don't know where did you get " KSA is only dependent on its oil income " from. The whole argument that I was trying to make is that KSA itself has a tremendous amount of conventional/nonconventional gas reserves. Both China and India are the biggest importers for KSA oil. Anyway, I would suggest taking a look at this thread which shows the GCC economic developments and achievements.

I freaking HATE how they show a picture of Special Anti-Terrorist ministry of interior personnel as soldiers.

THE ONES IN THE PICTURE ARE NOT SOLDIERS... They are police officers.

For God's sakes. These are national guard troops:

7.jpg

b00060.jpg

82736.jpg

Saudi Arabia is one of few countries that worked on Muslim unity more than anyone else
1) forming a common market between 6 muslim gulf countries
2) creating a joint military force between them now number at 50 thousand and will be further increased.
3) Adding two new countries to the Gulf alliance Jordan and Morroco with Egypt join soon
4) Creating a special strategic relationship with Turkey

Now in terms of Middle East Saudi Arabia has worked with all important Muslim Countries there , but on the otherhand Iran is not regarded as a muslim country , neither a persian could be muslim or a muslim could be persian .

Understand this majority of persians do not even believe in Islam , they are controlled by a small religious minority , but this wount go on for long and anyway there is nothing Arabs and Persian share in common whether religion, culture, common history or even language.

We are not going deep to declare any one as a Muslim or Non Muslim, But it is the truth that USA has always used Middle East countries against each other. they cannot break the IRAN alone that is why they are making allies who can help them. We have to see with broad mind. Politics is never easy to understand.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom