What's new

UN panel adopts Pakistan’s draft reaffirming peoples’ self-determination right

And I am asking you how many resolutions are there in the UN against the Big Five ? Please read the history of Tibet before you post your next reply.

Regards

Does this apply to Chinese Administered Kashmir ?

The 5000sq land which was ceded to China under the 1963 Sino-border agreement, had an articel which is called Article six.

And article of the agreement mentioned "that the 'two parties have agreed that, after the settlement of Kashmir dispute between India and Pakistan, the sovereign authority concerned will reopen negotiations with the government of People's Republic of China on the boundary, so as to sign a formal boundary treaty to replace the present agreement, provided that, in the event of that sovereign authority being Pakistan, the provisions of the present agreement and the aforesaid protocol be maintained.'

AN, by the norms if the UN adopts things as a policy, it should apply to all.

I'm not going to say just to the areas of my interest but also the areas of my dis-interest.

Of course the bigger cases should get priority.

Tibet's of a lesser importance than say Kashmir, Palestine, Taiwan. It would also apply to Aksai Chin. It would apply to Tibet and even to Southern Tibet.

Of course if recent trends of China's influence in those regions continue the only argument might remain of Taiwan as there really is no "fight for freedom" being seen in any other other places in recent years. Violent or political.

Of course one must do this whole heartedly then and not just use these little examples selectively. Let's ask Balochis as well but then let's not forget Assam and Nagaland? Let's not forget the Sikhs. Let's not forget the Chechens. Let's not forget the movements to break off the UK. Ireland, Scotland. Let's not forget the Hawaiian Independence cause.

Simply put, we should at least start with areas where a lot of wars have been fought for the independence and more wars are likely due to the political environment.

What about Tibet ? I can't see Pakistan criticising China ?
Another thing is, we should not complicate things by what Pakistan wants and does not want. We will obviously complain about the things that are more dear to us than the other things.

We aren't on a crusade to free every other land. That's why Pakistan has time and again always insisted upon even dealing with the Israelis even though Palestine is supported officially. Kashmir remains paramount to our interests and thus you hear us complain about Kashmir the most.

Back
Top Bottom