What's new

U.S. economy heading straight for the cliff

According to your superficial stories, US economy should have collapsed in the recent economic recession. Get real.

External stakeholders will force USA to reform its economic policies. Understand?

Oh wait! Reforms are already happening in USA. Of-course, things will take time.
You mean how Obummer doubled the National debt!

You mean how Obummer doubled the National debt!
No, the recent budget cuts.

Also, political deadlocks are slowing down economic reforms. But Mr. Ben has started to send his message finally.

US debt issue will be resolved once WOT is over.

No, the recent budget cuts.

Also, political deadlocks are slowing down economic reforms. But Mr. Ben has started to send his message finally.

US debt issue will be resolved once WOT is over.
*wonders how US can pay back more than they earn*

*wonders how US can pay back more than they earn*
Annual revenue of US is around 5 Trillion USD

Annual expenditure of US is around 6 Trillion USD

The budget related cuts are being implemented to eliminate this fiscal gap. This will not happen overnight though.

Annual revenue of US is around 5 Trillion USD

Annual expenditure of US is around 6 Trillion USD

The budget related cuts are being implemented to eliminate this fiscal gap. This will not happen overnight though.
It may seem that it's near but the US has to cut around 16% of their expenses and that's not accounting for the many wars they are going to wage in future.
You seem a person who is misled by the grandeur of the States, it is but a deceptive cover. All that glitters in not gold, not all that shines is perfect. The US is a flawed state. Without a great leader like in the 1920's, they will fall by the wayside of history and into the gutter!

Not really.

Israel's main goal was to be self sufficient.

They use American Aid to invest in their own defense industry unlike Egypt which uses that money to buy American Weapons.

Israel is a global leader in Weapons Industry
Israel is a global leader in Agriculture and Irrigation
Israel is a global leader in Medical and Pharmaceutical Research
Israel is a global leader in Information Technology and Computer related developments
Israel is a global leader in Green Technology

In the last 20 years there are two occasions that Israel would have defaulted without American support and guarantees

According to your superficial claims, US economy should have collapsed in the recent economic recession. Get real.

External stakeholders will force USA to reform its economic policies. Understand?

Oh wait! Reforms are already happening in USA. Of-course, things will take time.

And inflation is in double-digits. And not to forget the energy crises and its impact on our industry.

You speak without reading what I have put up. I am real it's just that some like you are awed by their supposed omnipotence and are in denial

External stakeholders will force US to reform- Americans will have to do what others demand of them including having a lower standard of living.

The reforms you are talking about are just tinkerings.

Its quite simple really the Americans will sooner or later have to live within their means whether that be voluntarily or as you put it be forced to by stakeholders

It may seem that it's near but the US has to cut around 16% of their expenses and that's not accounting for the many wars they are going to wage in future.
Of course, it is a long term plan.

May be the next administration speed up the reforms? Or do you think that Obama is last of the US leaders?

You seem a person who is misled by the grandeur of the States, it is but a deceptive cover. All that glitters in not gold, not all that shines is perfect. The US is a flawed state. Without a great leader like in the 1920's, they will fall by the wayside of history and into the gutter!
I judge US economic system on the basis of its history and not just future projections like many here do.

I have never stated that US economic system is flawless. Of course, US have faced economic crises several times.

However, I am not quick at jumping towards conclusion. I do not fall for claims so easily.

When US economic system will start to fail in real sense, its effects will be visible clearly at global stage. Till then, no need to speculate uselessly.

You speak without reading what I have put up. I am real it's just that some like you are awed by their supposed omnipotence and are in denial
I do check every source you cite. Do you check those which I cite and learn a thing or two from them?

And I never stated that US is omnipotent. US often faces 'crises' like other countries, doesn't it?

External stakeholders will force US to reform- Americans will have to do what others demand of them including having a lower standard of living.
External pressures are important determinants. Other countries which are vital business partners of US will put pressure on US to resolve its issues. Countries are already doing this.

You think that China puts no pressure on US?

The time for 'living beyond the means' for Americans is up now.

US corporations themselves are no longer to willing to oblige Americans so much now.

The reforms you are talking about are just tinkerings.
It is start. And it confirms my point that reforms will take place. You expect results within few months?

Its quite simple really the Americans will sooner or later have to live within their means whether that be voluntarily or as you put it be forced to by stakeholders
Yes. Now you are making sense.

US is not immune to external pressure. And the game has just begun.

Of course, it is a long term plan.

May be the next administration speed up the reforms? Or do you think that Obama is last of the US leaders?
He's already got the next election in the bag. Discrimination is rife in the U.S and it would be the death of many to vote for a Mormon as President

I judge US economic system on the basis of its history and not just future projections like many here do.
History will not help it in times of need, action will

I have never stated that US economic system is flawless. Of course, US have faced economic crises several times.

However, I am not quick at jumping towards conclusion. I do not fall for claims so easily.
True, one must not speculate idly but every thing suggests that the value of the dollar and the US economy will fall before it can recover.

No it does not you have polarised society that is why you had demonstrations last year. Your country has no natural resources and would be in the Jordan bracket without the external assistance your country enjoys and when America goes bust your country will disappear
you guys still dont get it do you? the people are the best resources of a country. it depends on the people how to shape themselves. and israel has done a great job at that. and the mslim countries the worst on that front

you guys still dont get it do you? the people are the best resources of a country. it depends on the people how to shape themselves. and israel has done a great job at that. and the mslim countries the worst on that front
This thread is neither about Israel nor about the Muslim countries but about the U.S and how it's economy is failing!

He's already got the next election in the bag. Discrimination is rife in the U.S and it would be the death of many to vote for a Mormon as President
I do not work with speculations. Sorry.

History will not help it in times of need, action will
And what does US history teaches? Action or speculation?

Please start paying attention to facts at hand.

True, one must not speculate idly but every thing suggests that the value of the dollar and the US economy will fall before it can recover.
Speculations regarding devaluation of US dollar have existed since 2001 as far as I remember. Yet, amazingly, dollar remained strong through all thick and thin and against all odds.

If dollar gets devalued, it will by US choice, as many US experts have stated on several occasions. And unless any country is willing to take the place of US dollar, it is not going anywhere.

At the moment, their is much greater chance for collapse of Euro - which some Pakistani believed to be the (potential) future replacement of dollar. See? This is why we suck in economic affairs.

I do not work with speculations. Sorry.
I assumed you'd say that. Sadly for you, I have facts.
Why Are Mormons the Third-Most-Hated Religious Group in America? - Flunking Sainthood

Evangelicals don’t like us. In 2008, when Mitt Romney was running for president, “the same percentage of Americans told pollsters they would not vote for a Mormon presidential candidate as had said the same about a Catholic candidate in 1960.” Even worse news for Romney: those numbers had not improved since his dad ran for president forty years before. Among evangelicals, more than half said they would have a problem with a Mormon being president, and only 46% reported having a positive image of Mormons.

Read more: Why Are Mormons the Third-Most-Hated Religious Group in America? - Flunking Sainthood

And what does US history teaches? Action or speculation?

Please start paying attention to facts at hand
You are once again ignoring the fact that this situation has never happened. In the recession, the debt was never OVER 100%

Speculations regarding devaluation of US dollar have existed since 2001 as far as I remember. Yet, amazingly, dollar remained strong through all thick and thin.

If dollar is devalued, it is by US choice as many US experts have stated. And unless any country is willing to take the shoes of US dollar, it is not going anywhere.
The Chinese may, soon!

At the moment, their is much greater chance for collapse of Euro - which some Pakistani believed to be the (potential) future replacement of dollar. See? This is why we suck in economic affairs.
I never said it was. You are generalising!

My point is in regard to who will win the upcoming election. I prefer not to get involved in predictions.

Americans have history of giving chances to new individuals. If they can elect a black President eventually, they can do more.

You are once again ignoring the fact that this situation has never happened. In the recession, the debt was never OVER 100%
Most of that debt is internal. And measures are under consideration to resolve it.

The Chinese may, soon!
China has no immediate plan to float its currency openly and make it a replacement of US dollar. Get your facts straight.

I never said it was. You are generalising!
I am not.

We lack vision and insight in these matters. This is why Pakistani economic system is so flawed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom