What's new

Typhoon Mock Battle Wins All Comers

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Found this artcile re Typhoon performance in exercises and they seem to be battering everyone in sight

In 2004, prior to the F-22 Raptor entering service, United States Air Force Chief of Staff General John P. Jumper said after flying the Eurofighter:

I have flown all the air force jets. None was as good as the Eurofighter.[108][109]

The Typhoon's combat performance, compared to the new F-22 Raptor and the upcoming F-35 Lightning II[110] fighters and the French Dassault Rafale, has been the subject of much discussion. In March 2005, Jumper, then the only person to have flown both the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Raptor, talked to Air Force Print News about these two aircraft. He said,

The Eurofighter is both agile and sophisticated, but is still difficult to compare to the F/A-22 Raptor. They are different kinds of airplanes to start with; it's like asking us to compare a NASCAR car with a Formula One car. They are both exciting in different ways, but they are designed for different levels of performance.

Further, "The Eurofighter is certainly, as far as smoothness of controls and the ability to pull (and sustain high g forces), very impressive", he said. "That is what it was designed to do, especially the version I flew, with the avionics, the color moving map displays, etc. — all absolutely top notch. The maneuverability of the airplane in close-in combat was also very impressive."

In July 2007, the Indian Air Force fielded the SU 30 MKI during the Indra-Dhanush exercise with Royal Air Force's Eurofighter Typhoon. This was the first time that the two jets had taken part in such a exercise.[113][114] The IAF did not allow their pilots to use the radar of the MKIs during the exercise so as to protect the highly-classified N011M Bars.[115] During the exercise, the RAF pilots candidly admitted that the Su-30MKI displayed maneuvering superior to that of the Typhoon but they had studied, prepared and anticipated this. The IAF pilots on their part were also visibly impressed by the Typhoon's agility in the air.

In 2005, a trainer Eurofighter T1 was reported to have had a chance encounter the previous year with two U.S. Air Force F-15Es over the Lake District in the north of England. The encounter became a mock dogfight with the Eurofighter allegedly emerging victorious.

During the exercise "Typhoon Meet" held in 2008, Eurofighters flew against F/A-18 Hornets, Mirage F1s, Harriers and F-16s in a mock combat exercise. It is claimed that the Eurofighters won all engagements (even outnumbered 8 vs 27) without suffering losses.

The aviation magazine "Flug Revue" reports that in 2008 German Typhoon were pitted against French Rafales. The results are said to be "extremely gratifying", the main difference being the "much greater thrust of the EJ200 engine".

sorry dude, get your typhoon garbage out of here.:sniper:

F22 > all.

sorry dude, get your typhoon garbage out of here.:sniper:

F22 > all.

Try to read first .... then comment ....

They are different kinds of airplanes to start with; it's like asking us to compare a NASCAR car with a Formula One car. They are both exciting in different ways, but they are designed for different levels of performance.

Misleading thread title.

Look at this paragraph:

In July 2007, the Indian Air Force fielded the SU 30 MKI during the Indra-Dhanush exercise with Royal Air Force's Eurofighter Typhoon. This was the first time that the two jets had taken part in such a exercise. The IAF did not allow their pilots to use the radar of the MKIs during the exercise so as to protect the highly-classified N011M Bars. During the exercise, the RAF pilots candidly admitted that the Su-30MKI displayed maneuvering superior to that of the Typhoon but they had studied, prepared and anticipated this. The IAF pilots on their part were also visibly impressed by the Typhoon's agility in the air.

In 2005, a trainer Eurofighter T1 was reported to have had a chance encounter the previous year with two U.S. Air Force F-15Es over the Lake District in the north of England. The encounter became a mock dogfight with the Eurofighter allegedly emerging victorious.

F-15E is more of a strike plane rather than air-to-air fighter.

During the exercise "Typhoon Meet" held in 2008, Eurofighters flew against F/A-18 Hornets, Mirage F1s, Harriers and F-16s in a mock combat exercise. It is claimed that the Eurofighters won all engagements (even outnumbered 8 vs 27) without suffering losses.

Any idea which version/block F-16, F/A-18's?
Mirages & Harriers not so impressive.

The aviation magazine "Flug Revue" reports that in 2008 German Typhoon were pitted against French Rafales. The results are said to be "extremely gratifying", the main difference being the "much greater thrust of the EJ200 engine".

So in summary, it excels against strike aircraft and against legacy aircraft like Mirages and Harriers, but against similar tech air-superiority fighters like Rafales and MKI's the difference is marginal to none.

another artcile bragging re typhoons victory

Eurofighter Typhoon outperforms F-15 In NATO Tests

Indeed it did, but these F15's were not equipped with AESA and JHMCS. After this exercise, USAF took their upgraded F15's again to Spain to go up against the Typhoons. If the Typhoon had complete supremacy against the F15's, i doubt it the US would have taken them again.

Partners of EF are reducing their orders for this plane, if it does not wins the MRCA than its future is quite doubtful in my opinion. The avionics components, radars and its weaponry are already behind schedule. If the French had not acted cocky and would have stayed with the program, it would have been extremely beneficial for the Europeans. Both Rafale and EF are here on the international stage a little bit too late, while the Americans are laughing whom have made billions of their planes and already deploying 5th Generation Aircrafts.

^^ i really dont think India will opt for Eurofighter. I think India will go for Super Hornet.

^^ i really dont think India will opt for Eurofighter. I think India will go for Super Hornet.

No i dont thinks so...... It will be euro-fighter :cheers:

AIR_Eurofighters_Italy_Top_lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom