What's new

Type 056 Corvette for Bangladesh Navy

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Okay this is not breaking news, Loki opened a thread before

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/213669-china-build-two-missile-corvettes-bangladesh.html

I just saw this ship on Bangladesh Television Anirban Programme today... They said a deal is already signed for Two, These are different from newly built FACs....... So cheers...

25_152464_47cc51f6040656c.jpg

25_152464_8e0efd902566501.jpg

l8zao.jpg

9dkvr.jpg

We are putting our eggs on Chinese heavily 6 Large petrol craft 2 frigate 2 corvette. but there were a discussion that we are considering Milgem Corvette for our navy. I hope along with this Corvette Bangladesh would get milgem too for
anti submarine warfare .

Okay this is not breaking news, Loki opened a thread before

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/213669-china-build-two-missile-corvettes-bangladesh.html

I just saw this ship on Bangladesh Television Anirban Programme today... They said a deal is already signed for Two, These are different from newly built FACs....... So cheers...

25_152464_47cc51f6040656c.jpg

25_152464_8e0efd902566501.jpg

l8zao.jpg

9dkvr.jpg

How sure are you about this news? The tv programmme could be talking about the LPCs we have already purchased. can you post any links or pics of the news

Furthermore, Loki's source talked about the LPCs we are getting not new corvettes.

Ok if i am not wrong wrong just this evening in armed forces day Pm hasina has said 'we are getting two Corvette from China and also about large petrol craft which is joining by next January and march and in 2016 we are getting the Corvette.

@Avisheik bhai, boltur post achhe oi thread e ! Go through them

Last edited by a moderator:
How sure are you about this news? The tv programmme could be talking about the LPCs we have already purchased. can you post any links or pics of the news

Furthermore, Loki's source talked about the LPCs we are getting not new corvettes.
No, tv programme mentioned about 6 ships in total - 2 LPC, 2 frigate, 2 corvette! They showed photos while telling about them! I could identify DHAKA CLASS LPC and cousin frigates of OSMAN! But had no clue about that modern and stealthy corvette ! Later penguin said Bangladesh ordered large versiön type056. I googled and yes they showed exactly the third photo of this thread!

No, tv programme mentioned about 6 ships in total - 2 LPC, 2 frigate, 2 corvette! They showed photos while telling about them! I could identify DHAKA CLASS LPC and cousin frigates of OSMAN! But had no clue about that modern and stealthy corvette ! Later penguin said Bangladesh ordered large versiön type056. I googled and yes they showed exactly the third photo of this thread!

They ordered 2nd hand frigate Type 053H2 which you probably saw.

type053h2_jianghu3_01.jpg

^^ This is going to be upgraded to be in the same league as the F-22P that Pakistan has been getting.

Major enhancements will include the FL-3000N SAM system

orey na re! I know! Go to bd military forum, they confirmed the deal 20 days ago!

orey na re! I know! Go to bd military forum, they confirmed the deal 20 days ago!

Corvette probably the new deal.
053H2 is a done deal as couple of month ago Chinese delegation visited BD to discuss about the upgradation of the armament.

Back
Top Bottom