What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

POP3: I am not sure if the Type 002 has started the construction, but it seems unlikely right now.

fzgfzy/slayerhuahua: The construction has been started by 2016.

石头花: The construction has been started since 2015.

Who is right?

I don't know who is right, and to be honnest I don't really care because they are not the only source for me. They only come confirme, or not, other informations we can both access publicly.

I never believe if what you chinese guys called "大神". We don't know who is behind the screen, for sure some are very credibles for a while and for some particular topics, but I prefer not to believe anyone "blindly".

For me, part of the construction for the additionnal logistic and support building beside the dock will only finish by mi-2017. This means that some manufacture planners work could have started this year but, maybe, not the first cutting yet.

Search "江南大道188号" for example, you can find very interesting thing.

Henri K.

No I don't know those military forum, but for me it's simple see is to believe or from official mouth, in China there is so many military fan boys that like to make speculation, artistic concept( CG) or even fake pictures...what they brought to us are just deception not news.

And how relevant is this? Chinese military obsessed fan boys can also be called Chinese former, no one can't prevent them to throw out a ton of garbage and fake news without foundation and expect other to jump of joy like them or else we will be labeled as ignorant of Han Chinese?...LMAO just too funny.

You mentioned so many times of 'official' statement. Do you know that when China's government or news agency talks about some indigenously designed and manufatured weapons, it's usually already in service or close to commission? lol

Last edited:
The Type 002 with the EMALS???

http://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2282101-1-1.html

Xi Jinping and PLAN want the EMALS right now, so the Type 002 will be postponed a bit, but with the EMALS.

But shouldn't a military have both EMALS, and Steam Catapults?

EMALS are vulnerable to EM attacks, and interference. Plus I hear they will be more detectable due to higher EM noise created.

Type 002 with EMALS and Type 001B, very interesting.
But wait, sorry, is this official?

According to slayerhuahua, they (the steam catapult team) got screwed. The final decision made by the big boss has undone most of their previous work.

EMALS are vulnerable to EM attacks, and interference. Plus I hear they will be more detectable due to higher EM noise created.

Then why the USN is still making the EMALS?

The Type 002 with the EMALS???

http://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2282101-1-1.html

Xi Jinping and PLAN want the EMALS right now, so the Type 002 will be postponed a bit, but with the EMALS.

Not exact translation, from Huahua.....

700 (days and nights) working full hearted contributing back to the nation. The temple (of the Lord ) though changes often (its mind). Only 30% of tear left.

夙夜思虑报国恩,题做七百铭初心
岂知庙堂多善变,只留三成泪沾襟

??? After 700 days and nights of hard work on the project, the higher up has changed their mind. Only 30% of the original works rendered will be retained. ???

If the puzzle is solved correctly, then 002 will be delayed for 1 1/2 to 2 years. And EMALS is it.

700 (days and nights) working full hearted contributing back to the nation. The temple (of the Lord ) though changes often (its mind). Only 30% of tear left.

夙夜思虑报国恩,题做七百铭初心
岂知庙堂多善变,只留三成泪沾襟

??? After 700 days and nights of hard work on the project, the higher up has changed their mind. Only 30% of the original works rendered will be retained. ???

If the puzzle is solved correctly, then 002 will be delayed for 1 1/2 to 2 years. And EMALS is it.

Maybe this "Type 002" will immediately turn into the Type 003.

POP3 has mentioned it before, this is the radical plan; to immediately install the EMALS and nuclear powered plants.

Also, General Zhang Zhaozhong recently hints there is a possibility of a second domestic ski-jump (third ski-jump overall).

Because both have their advantages and disadvantages, this is the reason why USN will be, for a very long time, fielding both steam catapults and EMALS.

That's why we will build two more ski-jump carriers.

夙夜思虑报国恩,题做七百铭初心
岂知庙堂多善变,只留三成泪沾襟

If this is true, then it's sensible.

These carriers will operate for 30-40 years. As I said before, I see no point producing 60,000 ton non-nuclear steam catapult carriers.

The Type 001A is for China to gain experience in aircraft carrier building. But after that China should wait until it has the nuclear reactor and EMALS ready and then build a 100,000 ton carrier. Then build about 6 to 8 of these.

Getting them up to US Navy standards should be the key.

That means 100,000 ton nuclear powered EMALS should be the benchmark.

If this is true, then it's sensible.

These carriers will operate for 30-40 years. As I said before, I see no point producing 60,000 ton non-nuclear steam catapult carriers.

The Type 001A is for China to gain experience in aircraft carrier building. But after that China should wait until it has the nuclear reactor and EMALS ready and then build a 100,000 ton carrier. Then build about 6 to 8 of these.

Getting them up to US Navy standards should be the key.

That means 100,000 ton nuclear powered EMALS should be the benchmark.

A supercarrier will operate for 50 years, that's why Xi Jinping and the PLAN elites want to get rid of those conventional steam catapult carriers. It will also make it easier for our logistics and maintenance units.

The steam catapult is much less efficient than the EMALS, yet it is more complicated to build and to maintain.

The US has the mature steam catapult, while we don't have it. For us, the steam catapult is not easier to operate than the EMALS.

Last edited:

Any CV, as well as the airplanes, will be vulnerable to EM attack. That's not a problem for EMALS only. EM emission control is an essential part of the design of EMALS.

Because both have their advantages and disadvantages, this is the reason why USN will be, for a very long time, fielding both steam catapults and EMALS.

I think USN has to keep those Nimitz's simply because they cannot just retire them. If they can change a Nimitz to a Ford with little cost, I don't think they will hesitate at all. Do you think once the Nimitz's get retired USN will build new CV's with steam catapults?

Back
Top Bottom