What's new

Two rapists sentenced to death !

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MULTAN: A sessions court in Vehari on Friday sentenced to death two men convicted for rape and murder of a 15-year-old girl in 2011. The court acquitted two suspects due to lack of conclusive evidence.

Amina, the victim, had gone missing from her home in Luddan village on December 26, 2011. Her dismembered body was found three days later from a field. Her father, Manzoor Ahmed, accused four men, Zareef, Faisal, Shehzad Anwar and Abbas for the murder.

An autopsy confirmed that the victim was gang-raped and murdered. Luddan police started the investigation and arrested all four suspects within 72 hours.

During interrogation, Zareef and Faisal, confessed that they had kidnapped the girl and raped her for three days as “part of their new-year celebrations”. The accused said they murdered Amina, later dismembered her body. They claimed that they had believed that the girl was a prostitute.

Additional District and Sessions Judge Malik Liaqat Ali had started hearing the case in January 2012 after police submitted the challan.

After two and a half year of proceedings, the court on Friday found Zareef and Faisal guilty of the rape and murder and sentenced them to death. They were also fined Rs300,000 each. The amount would be paid to the legal heirs of the victim as compensation.

Shehzad Anwar and Abbas were acquitted of the charges because of lack of evidence.

Talking to journalists after the hearing, Ahmed, the victim’s father, expressed relief at the verdict.

“I am satisfied with the decision but court proceedings in our country take long time,” he said.

Ahmed said the prosecution in cases of violence against women should be expeditious.

He said it had taken two and half years to convict the murderers even though they were arrested within three days of his daughter’s murder and two of them had confessed to the crime.

He said in the last two years he had found that women had no respect in society. “The proceedings seem to be intent on humiliating women and lawyers are to blame for this. They use every tactic to protect the criminals,” he said.

Administration of justice: Two sentenced to death for rape, murder of girl – The Express Tribune

Thank god justice is served for once!

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajeeoon may she rest in peace and may her parents have sabr!

Talking to journalists after the hearing, Ahmed, the victim’s father, expressed relief at the verdict.

I am satisfied with the decision but court proceedings in our country take long time,” he said.

Ahmed said the prosecution in cases of violence against women should be expeditious.

He said it had taken two and half years to convict the murderers even though they were arrested within three days of his daughter’s murder and two of them had confessed to the crime.

He said in the last two years he had found that women had no respect in society. “The proceedings seem to be intent on humiliating women and lawyers are to blame for this. They use every tactic to protect the criminals,” he said.
Stupid lawyers! They should be prosecuted for dragging their feet! 2yrs is a long time!

I want o say a good job, but a very slow one. Justice delayed is justice denied. all cases specially rape, murder, and terrorism cases must be completed within 90 days max.

I also don't understand why do our courts go on three month leaves in summer while there are thousands of people waiting for justice?

This is a reminiscent of British rule and must be abolished. This is the only Government branch that enjoys official summer leaves for three whole months. WHY?

MULTAN: A sessions court in Vehari on Friday sentenced to death two men convicted for rape and murder of a 15-year-old girl in 2011. The court acquitted two suspects due to lack of conclusive evidence.

Amina, the victim, had gone missing from her home in Luddan village on December 26, 2011. Her dismembered body was found three days later from a field. Her father, Manzoor Ahmed, accused four men, Zareef, Faisal, Shehzad Anwar and Abbas for the murder.

An autopsy confirmed that the victim was gang-raped and murdered. Luddan police started the investigation and arrested all four suspects within 72 hours.

During interrogation, Zareef and Faisal, confessed that they had kidnapped the girl and raped her for three days as “part of their new-year celebrations”. The accused said they murdered Amina, later dismembered her body. They claimed that they had believed that the girl was a prostitute.

Additional District and Sessions Judge Malik Liaqat Ali had started hearing the case in January 2012 after police submitted the challan.

After two and a half year of proceedings, the court on Friday found Zareef and Faisal guilty of the rape and murder and sentenced them to death. They were also fined Rs300,000 each. The amount would be paid to the legal heirs of the victim as compensation.

Shehzad Anwar and Abbas were acquitted of the charges because of lack of evidence.

“I am satisfied with the decision but court proceedings in our country take long time,” he said.

Administration of justice: Two sentenced to death for rape, murder of girl – The Express Tribune

Round up all 'convicted and self confessed' rapists and summarily execute them in cities, towns and villages they commited those crimes. Kill them in public, we'll see who commits rape again and gets away with it.

I think the death penalty has been awarded for murder, not rape? The article seems to suggest murder.

Does Pakistan hang people for rape alone?

I think the death penalty has been awarded for murder, not rape? The article seems to suggest murder.

If the conviction is given by the Federal Sharia Court - yes. So far there is no mandatory death penalty - we are campaigning for one though.

Severest punishment for these murderers

rapists are to be stoned to death

God bless, i want to volunteer only if i get to chop their head off with a sword then tie them up behind my car so everyone can see.
:o:

It is illegal in Islamic jurisprudence to mutilate the dead body.

Back
Top Bottom