What's new

Two-month-old heart patient from Pakistan gets hope from India Read more

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Lahore: Humanity knows no boundaries. Two-month-old Pakistani boy suffering from a serious heart defect finally found hope in an offer of help by a leading Indian hospital after running from pillar to post.

The parents, who want to immediately rush to New Delhi for Ahmad's surgery, have now appealed to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad to issue them visas at the earliest.

After the case of Ahmad was highlighted by the Dawn newspaper earlier this month, a New Delhi-based private hospital expressed its desire to treat the boy irrespective of whether his parents could afford the treatment.

Ahmad, the son of an economically deprived man named Saleem Shahzad of Lahore, is suffering from "ventricular septal defect, arterial septal defect and transposition of great arteries TGA, which means blood vessels that should be on the right side are on the left side and vice versa.

Mr Shahzad told PTI that he had applied for visas but the Indian High Commission had asked him to submit a bank statement and a character certificate.

"We want to go to India as soon as possible to treat my child. I will go to Islamabad on Monday to try and speed up the visa process but I do not know what will happen next," he said.

The leading Indian health institution's offer to treat the boy came after the poor family had been running from pillar to post to raise funds for the expensive surgery.

Shahzad said he had appealed to the officials of Indian mission to issue the visas at the earliest.

Read more at: Two-month-old heart patient from Pakistan gets hope from India

InshAllah .. Ahmed will be good after treatment .. Thanks to the hospital authorities and doctors team and best of luck. We proud on our doctors gesture and they will get successes in Ahmed's treatment....

regards
Jailer

Trans position of Greater artiries... Dont worry come here we are here.... Come to chennai as well, one of the best in the world guys

Let the Indian hospital authorities also not forget that there are many Indian kids who needs help.

Back
Top Bottom