What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Greece and Cyprus i can understand but Kazakhstan? How come we still arent offering our products to central asian countries. Pretty sure our products are better then some small baltic remote state.

Are you comparing the drones in that picture to the ones that we offer? We don't even have drones of that size for our own military, how could we be able to sell them? Keep an eye out on Azerbaycan for drones of that size, working with Israeli tech, they're gonna make big jumps forward I think.

Btw, I do think that smaller part can be worth a lot of money but so far no company in Turkey is playing in on that (or aren't able to).

Are you comparing the drones in that picture to the ones that we offer? We don't even have drones of that size for our own military, how could we be able to sell them? Keep an eye out on Azerbaycan for drones of that size, working with Israeli tech, they're gonna make big jumps forward I think.

Btw, I do think that smaller part can be worth a lot of money but so far no company in Turkey is playing in on that (or aren't able to).

Be it small or medium size it doesnt matter. We have expertise in the field with battle proven drones in circulation, just because we created bigger and more advanced ones doesnt mean we should ignore this market. There is a massive need for tactical drones, we should offer our products aswell. I believe Vestel's BORA drone falls into this category.

Orders Update !

*Turkish National Police

6 ANKA-B
6 + 12 Bayraktar TB2

*Turkish Land Forces
12 + 6 +16 Bayraktar TB2
6 Vestel Karayel (?)

*Gendarme Forces
12 Bayraktar TB2

*Turkish Air Forces
10 ANKA-S

*National Security Organization
3 ANKA-S

Cabatli is there any particular reason why the orders for the Vestel's Kareyel II is so small? Contrary to the Bayraktar TB2 their orders are solely by the land forces. Are the other branches perhaps waiting for the armed version to be developed?

Bugün bir üniversitede etkinliğe katıldım. Firmanın birisi şöyle bir broşür yapmış.

View attachment 346770

Trolle balık avlama yasaklansın ;)

Bro, Can you post the thermal image captured by loitering munition seeker head? It looks like a loitering variant of Cirit missile. This is a strategic munition project against assymetric threats. Longer range variants with a bigger warhead can even neutralize the moving enemy tanks.

Be it small or medium size it doesnt matter. We have expertise in the field with battle proven drones in circulation, just because we created bigger and more advanced ones doesnt mean we should ignore this market. There is a massive need for tactical drones, we should offer our products aswell. I believe Vestel's BORA drone falls into this category.

Cabatli is there any particular reason why the orders for the Vestel's Kareyel II is so small? Contrary to the Bayraktar TB2 their orders are solely by the land forces. Are the other branches perhaps waiting for the armed version to be developed?

Both institutes have been charged to develop tactical class UAV for land forces. What Vestel should develop is a catapult launchable tactical UAV but what they revealed is a tactical UAV which is conventionally taking off and landing like Bayraktar does. It must be the reason of limited purchase of Vestel Karayel that Bayraktar TB2 already meet the requirement of what she does.

Last edited:
For penetrating tank armor, you need much much more kinetic energy. loitering munitions are not good for that much speed.

We have 2 more loitering munition projects. After our baby steps, we can develop new platforms within months.

It will be just a thermal camera with flight data overlayed. Seekers are very different.

For penetrating tank armor, you need much much more kinetic energy. loitering munitions are not good for that much speed.

We have 2 more loitering munition projects. After our baby steps, we can develop new platforms within months.

It will be just a thermal camera with flight data overlayed. Seekers are very different.

So that new design made its maiden flight or it is in prototype production phase?

I dont think he meant kinetically.. what type of warhead is envisaged for it? Also has company grown from initial startup of 2?

How are we going to compete in such a market when there are no proper products?

This is the first time I've heard of Bora and tbh it looks like a prototype which they used to develop Karayel, which is still not a success because apparently Navy wanted to be able to launch it from a catapult? I did read it was in use in armed forces btw (which is very good) but that it probably would lose to Bayraktar.

Don't get me wrong, I completely get what you mean and I too want us to have different 'classes' of UAVs, especially ones that get used on a lower level (think smaller uavs for us bolge security). But afaik it just isn't there yet.

And I'm guessing it won't come unless military releases request for it, or maybe we're missing a big piece of info and it isn't easy to make sophisticated mini-medium level uavs.

So that new design made its maiden flight or it is in prototype production phase?

It is at least 6 months old. Last one was 2+ years old. We did the maiden months ago.

I dont think he meant kinetically.. what type of warhead is envisaged for it? Also has company grown from initial startup of 2?

It will be fuel air explosive aka thermobaric. It has grown from a one man limited liability company. So it is perfectly %100 milli and will always be...

How are we going to compete in such a market when there are no proper products?

This is the first time I've heard of Bora and tbh it looks like a prototype which they used to develop Karayel, which is still not a success because apparently Navy wanted to be able to launch it from a catapult? I did read it was in use in armed forces btw (which is very good) but that it probably would lose to Bayraktar.

Don't get me wrong, I completely get what you mean and I too want us to have different 'classes' of UAVs, especially ones that get used on a lower level (think smaller uavs for us bolge security). But afaik it just isn't there yet.

And I'm guessing it won't come unless military releases request for it, or maybe we're missing a big piece of info and it isn't easy to make sophisticated mini-medium level uavs.

I can easily say that market shifts towards smaller systems, especially man-portable systems. We compare costs of eliminating a target with an F16 and Anka or TB2. The same difference will happen with smaller man-portable systems. I mean lets say a tactical system costs 10 million USD, not including operating costs, you can buy 150-350 loitering munitions with that.

Do you think we lose time with Anka only? What if I say our UAS roadmap is completely wrong and not suit our needs?

It is at least 6 months old. Last one was 2+ years old. We did the maiden months ago.

It will be fuel air explosive aka thermobaric. It has grown from a one man limited liability company. So it is perfectly %100 milli and will always be...

I can easily say that market shifts towards smaller systems, especially man-portable systems. We compare costs of eliminating a target with an F16 and Anka or TB2. The same difference will happen with smaller man-portable systems. I mean lets say a tactical system costs 10 million USD, not including operating costs, you can buy 150-350 loitering munitions with that.

Do you think we lose time with Anka only? What if I say our UAS roadmap is completely wrong and not suit our needs?

I don't know if wrong is right word for it (not in sector myself, just amateur) BUT let's just say that I believe we are coming from way behind AND that the sector (+wants/needs) is developing very very fast. Too fast for us to keep up with.

In the past month there have been multiple instances of booby trapped uavs being used (2 against us), Americans already have anti-uav weaponry in use in Iraq. Where are we with it?

For loitering munition I always envisaged like a family of S-M-L-XL of it, from personal to crew-served to vehicle mounted, to base mounted. Whenever there is something going on, fly it up and boom.

You go to a bookstore in a shopping mall and can get a very high quality drone. Put some explosives, some electronics and you have some serious power.

The problem starts with not reacting or slow reacting. It is always the same story. We used to pay the price with lives. Months to announce an RFI, some more months for offers, some more months or even years for signing the contract, years until you get the first prototype, years to have it.

And yes bookstore drones advance every year...

D3p9aO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom