What's new

Turkish president to visit Pakistan on Saturday

Blue Marlin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
929865-erdogan-1438334251-567-640x480.gif.png

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will arrive in Pakistan on Saturday and meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to discuss matters of bilateral relations and issues of mutual interest.

Erdogan will be stopping over in Islamabad following his trip to Indonesia, making this his first trip to the country as the president of Turkey but the seventh visit in the last ten years.

Read: Bilateral ties: Pakistan, Turkey to boost trade to $10 billion

As the prime minister of Turkey, Erdogan visited Lahore and Islamabad in December 2013.

Pakistan’s relations with Turkey have gained strength and have seen tremendous improvement over the past few years under the tenure of PM Nawaz, after which; bilateral relations have acquired a new direction.

Both sides have been eager to turn historic and cordial relations into a durable strategic and economic partnership.

Read: Air Force: Pakistan, Turkey sign MoU for training pilots

Pakistan deeply appreciates the personal contribution to the growth and expansion of Pakistan-Turkey relations under Erdogan’s leadership.

source pakistani paper, express tribune

Last edited:
View attachment 242481

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will arrive in Pakistan on Saturday and meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to discuss matters of bilateral relations and issues of mutual interest.

Erdogan will be stopping over in Islamabad following his trip to Indonesia, making this his first trip to the country as the president of Turkey but the seventh visit in the last ten years.

Read: Bilateral ties: Pakistan, Turkey to boost trade to $10 billion

As the prime minister of Turkey, Erdogan visited Lahore and Islamabad in December 2013.

Pakistan’s relations with Turkey have gained strength and have seen tremendous improvement over the past few years under the tenure of PM Nawaz, after which; bilateral relations have acquired a new direction.

Both sides have been eager to turn historic and cordial relations into a durable strategic and economic partnership.

Read: Air Force: Pakistan, Turkey sign MoU for training pilots

Pakistan deeply appreciates the personal contribution to the growth and expansion of Pakistan-Turkey relations under Erdogan’s leadership.

I hope he visits GHQ also, and they should use their deal with USA for Air Base as leverage to get engines for T-129. I mean T-129 for Pakistan. We should also sign a defence and security deal with Turkey that both Militaries in case of aggression will help and fight together against aggressor.
@Hakan @cabatli_53 @Neptune

I hope he visits GHQ also, and they should use their deal with USA for Air Base as leverage to get engines for T-129. I mean T-129 for Pakistan. We should also sign a defence and security deal with Turkey that both Militaries in case of aggression will help and fight together against aggressor.
if you read the first post he is only there for a day only , not even that, a stopover, he's coming back from Indonesia then stopping at Pakistan stay there for less than a day and then on to turkey

if you read the first post he is only there for a day only , not even that, a stopover, he's coming back from Indonesia then stopping at Pakistan stay there for less than a day and then on to turkey
I know he can still for 20 minutes visit main centre of power in Pakistan GHQ.

Yar kabhi to hausla kar lia kar.

Itni shopping to aik mohallay ki aunty CSD/Utility Store say nhn karti!

We have not done anything substantial other then the F16 Upgrade

considering the Potential Turkey has .....

Electronics
Manufacturing
Engineering

Really perhaps we only have touched 3% of potential

Yar kabhi to hausla kar lia kar.

Itni shopping to aik mohallay ki aunty CSD/Utility Store say nhn karti!
I know but Turkey has golden chance to get lot of things done through USA they should take advantage.

We have not done anything substantial other then the F16 Upgrade

considering the Potential Turkey has .....

Electronics
Manufacturing
Engineering

Really perhaps we only have touched 3% of potential
Not just that just look at IFV and APC and Artillery they are producing and Corvette is also great.

Hmm... Maybe we should stay away from Sultans who like to bomb Kurds for fun, and fund Islamists in it's surrounding countries...
But hey, we're already close to Iran and Saudi, what difference will it make if another Lunatical "Muslim" "leader" which funds proxies and mixes religion with politics joins the club?
I wish Ataturk was still ruling Turkey, or atleast his descendants.

Last edited:
I was expecting more effort

a) Joint ventures for Research and development like aircraft , hardware
b) May be a joint Helicopter project for Military or Civilian purpose
c) May be some defence systems for security of ships
d) May be new sniper pods for planes
e) More bilateral trade 35 Billion between two countries
f) May be some joint Banks for promotion of small business
g) A Automobile company , combines Turkish and Pakistani engineering

We are not touching the level , of cooperation needed between two countries apart from
warming gestures

I hope the trip helps cement relationships. The trip is not the first one he is making, and most probably will be more of a meet and greet than any real deals being signed because of the short duration
Please post the link itself next time

Back
Top Bottom