What's new

Turkish military to receive first locally made rifle

C10ur2HW8AIiffe.jpg

“as effective as the G-3, as reliable as the AK-47 and as practical as the M-16.”

very competitive price.
In December 2015, the Undersecretariat of Defence Industries (SSM) ordered 15,014 MPT-76 rifles for USD $18 million. With a unit cost of nearly USD $1,200, the MPT-76 sits in an affordable price range, which bodes well for the TSK considering the Turkish Army alone requires approximately 600,000 rifles.
http://quwa.org/2017/01/11/the-turkish-forces-receive-first-mpt-76-rifles/

The price was based on 15 000 rifle production, it should get much lower with 500/600 000 units plus exports..

Is state ordnance MKEK the only producer ?
Unbelievable. Now you can understand why German Defence budget explodes.

We paid for 600 G27-P (HK-417 derivative) and 600 MG-4 18 Million Euro plus annual life cycle costs.
That was an interim solution for our KSK after HK-36 scandal.

Here again the very trustable article.

http://augengeradeaus.net/2015/08/probleme-mit-dem-g36-zwischenloesung-von-hecklerkoch/

On the other hand MKE is known for its corruption and production issues. If I recall correctly, a private firm named as KaleKalip is the partner in the project and it is known to have the real share in it. But the Undersecretary of Defense Industry holds every right in the production of the rifle.

corruption

Some people in- augengeradeaus- claim that the astronomic price was a result of court case going on between German Defence Ministry and H@K ( call it corruption or covert sponsoring). Arms industry is everywhere involved in corruption.

I would like to see MPT-76 or MPT-55 in German tender. The price is very competitive and if it keeps what is promised seems being a good tool. The everlasting Caliber discussing has begun already.

Some people in- augengeradeaus- claim that the astronomic price was a result of court case going on between German Defence Ministry and H@K ( call it corruption or covert sponsoring). Arms industry is everywhere involved in corruption.

I would like to see MPT-76 or MPT-55 in German tender. The price is very competitive and if it keeps what is promised seems being a good tool. The everlasting Caliber discussing has begun already.

Frankly speaking, its a mix of HK-417 and G-36 with a start up from AR-15 model. Why not? But current bilateral relations make it unforeseen.

C10ur2HW8AIiffe.jpg

“as effective as the G-3, as reliable as the AK-47 and as practical as the M-16.”
@Neptune Can you tell about the optics placed on on the rifle ? I know both of them are from 3E EOS but I want to know about the optics

Back
Top Bottom