What's new

Turkish Maroon berets - (beat Delta force aswell)

Grand-Vizier

Reaction score
Bordo Bereliler (Maroon Berets)-(MB) is an elite armed force that are created from officers from Turkish Army. The unit was created to eliminate any inside or outside attack to country, a MB officer can survive in any type of terrain, climate, highly trained and educated special soldiers. Today they are under order of Special Forces (old Special Warfare Unit) and also work along with Attack Search & Rescue Teams (ASR) and Underwater Attack Teams (UWA) (Marine Search

MB’s also do close protection of Government officials. (Reuters: Turkish Special forces (MB) won the first place in Germany 2004 Special Forces Competition)They became media famous with the capture of Terrorist Leader Abdullah Öcalan in Kenya and brought him back to Turkey. The MB’s identities remain confidential by MIT (Turkish Secret Service)

Categories of 3 education & training will be given to a MB. These are
a. Domestic
b. International
c. Specialty In these 3 categories they have 47 different subjects of education and exams. Domestic training takes 72 weeks of basic training; International training takes 10 to 52 weeks of specialty training in different countries. It takes 3.5 years to become a MB

These are some of the training and education they have to accomplish before they become a MB.
Domestic: War techniques, PE, martial arts, Identifying-locating, long distance explore & patrol, infiltration, survival, interrogation/anti-interrogation, escape, special operations, psychological operations, helping civilians, parachuting, commando, personal protection, winter warfare, frogman, paragliding.
Specialty: Explosives, explosion techniques, mine & bubi traps, first aid, paramedic, survival-escape, Light and Heavy weaponry, communication, arsenal termination courses.
International: Mastering on Special Forces, Air unit, civilian relations, patrolling, survival, psychological operations courses. Also these units are well equip diplomats.

MB's currently involved with security of South East Turkey, Domestic and North Iraq Operations, due to this; they are in constant training & education against terrorism and guerilla warfare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Special Forces Competition- 1st Place: Turkish Bordo Bereli Unit 2nd Place: Delta Forces

World Key lock Record: 7 seconds, Turkish Maroon Berets
Nearest opponent:13 Seconds, Delta Force (The USA)

-Point shot record: 200meters, Turkish Maroon Berets
Nearest opponent: 140 meters, Spetsnaz (Russian Federation)

-World Bomb Defuse Record: 8 seconds, Turkish Maroon Berets
Nearest opponent:14 Seconds, Delta Force (The USA)

yarmavf0.jpg

hackram_bordo_bereli_hackram_3.jpg

Also in many other competitions they have become first place ( just trying to find them , also 3rd a few times)

kupaal305rken8zs.jpg

Turkish Maroon Berets training - First in the world , called Guven/Trust shot .

Trust Shot

The Trust Shot is a part of the MB's training program. It is exercised on the last month of the training and is to ensure that the soldiers can trust each other with their lives. The Trust Shot consists of two members of a squad standing next to paper target boards, while another member fires on the targets with a handgun while walking towards them from 15 metres (49.2 feet) away. The shooter fires one magazine on each target before handing the weapon to the 2nd shooter behind him. After which the second shooter fires two magazines on the targets and they continue to switch. The second portion of the exercise is almost the same with the exception of being done with a rifle and the shooter starts walking towards the target from 30 metres (98.4 feet) away. During the exercise the men standing next to the targets are not allowed to move or wear body armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Major part of the info about them in the net is exaggerated or totally fake.

I personally have doubts about them, they have pretty much no real combat achievements , or any reliable sources about their capacity.

Major part of the info about them in the net is exaggerated or totally fake.

I personally have doubts about them, they have pretty much no real combat achievements , or any reliable sources about their capacity.

Well, although you are right about the lack of reliable sources about them but i don't know why you have doubts? Doubts about what? We all know they are not terminators as they usually shown in the internet but special soldiers with high quality training and equipment.

What do they feed these guys I want to know what their diet is?

That shooting video....Confidence on your fellow soldier...Respect.

Well, although you are right about the lack of reliable sources about them but i don't know why you have doubts? Doubts about what? We all know they are not terminators as they usually shown in the internet but special soldiers with high quality training and equipment.

I have doubts about the capacities that being constantly exaggerated everywhere, I know they're well trained and specially chosen but I see reason to accept them as super elite warriors because as I said we saw nothing that supports it.

Best Special Forces in the world...as smart - heroic - strong ( my opinion )
1: Azerbaijan SF
2: Russian SF
3: Turkish SF
4: Polish SF
5: American SF

I have doubts about the capacities that being constantly exaggerated everywhere, I know they're well trained and specially chosen but I see reason to accept them as super elite warriors because as I said we saw nothing that supports it.

Like you said before, their capacities which shown in the internet are usually fake or exaggerated. But i have no doubt about they are one of the best in the world even though their activities kept as secret so far.

By super elite warriors, if you thought they were Rambos with knifes in their mouths, yeah, you should have doubts. But i have no doubt about them doing their tasks perfectly.

Well, don't know you but I cannot be sure about something I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom