What's new

Turkish ground forces/tanks entered Syria

"They entered because Turkey wants to buy oil from Isis"- PDF Retard

Operation official name is "Euphrates Shield". Turkey provides air and artillery support.

I dont think Turkish ground forces entered, maybe some SF and advisors.

CqnJbWyW8AA2_yA.jpg

CqnFLShXEAAlVGE.jpg

CqnJdYBWgAA-MiE.jpg

Possible goals:

index.php

I am surprised not many people are talking about this. This is by far the biggest escalation in the Syrian War after Russia's intervention. @hellfire @500 @cabatli_53

The mere fact that the Turks have deployed the Maroon Berets is proof enough tthat he Turks are very serious about this. This escalation from Turkey practically ends the YPG Dream of having an autonomous region in Northern Syria.

I am surprised not many people are talking about this. This is by far the biggest escalation in the Syrian War after Russia's intervention. @hellfire @500 @cabatli_53

The mere fact that the Turks have deployed the Maroon Berets is proof enough tthat he Turks are very serious about this. This escalation from Turkey practically ends the YPG Dream of having an autonomous region in Northern Syria.

I don't know what inspired such a dream for YPG. None of the big actors (Turkey, USA, Russia, Iran, Iraq) support the breakup of Syria. What were they going to do with hostile nations surrounding them ? Perhaps soon they'll finally see themselves for what they are, a pawn.

I expect within the next months Rebels and Assad's regime will return to the negotiation table, they'll unite and turn their guns on YPG.

Hey @notorious_eagle thanks for the tag..!

Yes. I was just thinking about tagging you .. but knew you would have done it by now. Was running around as usual.

The trade off, as suspected, between Russia and Turkey? Now Assad stays, Kurds end up disappointed as always has been the case, and ISIS is effectively going to be wiped off.

Interesting times

I don't know what inspired such a dream for YPG. None of the big actors (Turkey, USA, Russia, Iran, Iraq) support the breakup of Syria. What were they going to do with hostile nations surrounding them ? Perhaps soon they'll finally see themselves for what they are, a pawn.

I expect within the next months Rebels and Assad's regime will return to the negotiation table, they'll unite and turn their guns on YPG.

But the Kurds know they are a pawn!

I dont expect Assad to go after Kurds. In fact, I expect the Kurds to seek the status quo in post-war Syria with Assad. Kurds have not fought the SAA as far as I recall.

Lets not get ahead of things,we dont know exactly what the aim of the Turkish side is.

Bro, US claims to be supporting the integrity of Syria, but on the ground it is clearly and openly supporting the pyd/ypg against anyone. Recently we saw how US scrambled jets against Assad's jets bombing ypg around Hasakah. Imo, US is the last one of those 5 countries that want to see a whole Syria. One of the questions now is, will US seriously consider clashing with us if ypg/pyd refuses to leave Menbic and Turkey advances there.

I hope that will happen, because now Assad and fsa realize that they are being played and delayed with each other while pyd/ypg silently takes the cake in north Syria and is the real benefactor of this isis bullshit organization.

The biggest escalation of this war was intervention of Iraqis Shia militias and Hezbollah in spring 2013. This intervention literally changed the course of war.

The scale of current operation is too early to judge. So far I don't see ground Turkish troops in Syria.

The biggest escalation of this war was intervention of Iraqis Shia militias and Hezbollah in spring 2013. This intervention literally changed the course of war.

The scale of current operation is too early to judge. So far I don't see ground Turkish troops in Syria.

Not infantry but Maroon Berets are there. And they are the cream of the Turkish Special Forces, as good as it gets.

Not infantry but Maroon Berets are there. And they are the cream of the Turkish Special Forces, as good as it gets.
They are also supported (as if they weren't enough) by Gendarmarie Spec Ops and elite commando units...good luck to anyone that crosses them

Back
Top Bottom