What's new

Turkish Brigade in South Korea.

^Well according to the source, Turkiye sent a total of 15,000 troops, perhaps initially they sent a Brigade and increased the troop levels...I'm not sure. Though 15,000 troops would classify them as a Division that you're correct on.

Actually They send a 5000 soldiers but troops changed every year so with three year war, troops that send to Korea was 15000

I couldn't have said it better. We should not support an independent Uighurs states. Instead Uighurs should live and integrate into the system so they can gain better education and represent themselves on the political stage. To be perfectly honest, i don't think the Chinese government treats Uighurs differently than Hans or other ethnicities. China is a vast country with hundreds of minorities, if every minority was to have their own country there would be complete chaos. Why should they want independency when China is becomning the new superpower? Instead they should feel proud that their country is so succefull and help to this success. Exactly like our Kurdish citizens. They should unite with Turks and together fight corruption, inequality poor health etc.

It is not only about nationhood, it is about living in peace and harmony with your sorrounding that matters. Nationality differs humanity. Like Islam says, no nationality is above another, what really counts is your belief.

Salam - peace

The Uyghur people are not really interested about the military, unlike their Hui brothers.

BTW, here is some PLA soldiers of Uyghur descent.

001e9078ad64098237060e.jpg

3f3b7fc002ab2d0609b8eeb.jpg

The Uyghur people are not really interested about the military, unlike their Hui brothers.

BTW, here is some PLA soldiers of Uyghur descent.

001e9078ad64098237060e.jpg

3f3b7fc002ab2d0609b8eeb.jpg

Mind I remind you when we were fighting the Japanese the Uyghurs Supported them during the Invasion, anyway thank you to the reasonable turks and the Pan Turks remind me of the Saudi Wahabist that went chechnya only to return in Body Bags, Anyway for all the Pan Turks that support Terrorism and Suicide Bombings Against Us Snow Leopard is waiting for you.

How many Uighurs have you met in your life? I have met some in Denmark, and they didn't curse China at all. They actually did not remind me of Turks at all. They have their own culture/system and lifestyle? Why are you trying to stick your nose into the internal affairs of China? I haven't once seen anything from the independent media that indicated anything bad was going about in China towards the Uighur population. I don't give a damn about your biased media news. Uighurs have nothing to do with Turks. Like the Koreans or the Japanese. They are a long gone descendant of ours. I am not "sucking up" to chinese. Why should i suck up to them? if you care so much about human misery why don't you talk about Vietnamese suffering or the Rwandan suffering? Let me tell you why. It is because nationalism has totally blinded your eyes, and the only window you can look at is through one that is highly biased.

So don't come here and try to teach me with your poor, highly biased words. You don't even know how to discuss in a normal human way. Your first words are "It is easy for you ofcourse sitting on your comfortable seat from that s@#$hole where you live in"

Firstly, if you want to be taken seriously talk like a normal human. If not, i recommend you to stop reading and writing messages in a website who respects freedom of thought and speech.

The Uyghur people are extremely heterogeneous, some looks 100% Han Chinese, some can look Russian or even Western European.

But most of these people look something in between.

This Uyghur girl on the left can easily pass as Brit or French.

Uyghur girls in west china | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here is the one with the Russian look.

2833069512_eeb7c57693.jpg

4450015726_3ea6d5801f.jpg

And this Uyghur guy looks no different from other Han Chinese.

20090706-AB-03-Uighur_Dissident_Condemns_Chinese_Crackdown_in_Xinjiang.jpg

^^^^^ We Hui are Descendants of Persian and Arab Traders that Mixed with Han Basically Islam is in our Blood, Culture, and Identity, Uighurs are turkic, however were both Muslims were More Conservative then the Uighurs, and Uighurs don't like us because were so loyal to the government.

Mind I remind you when we were fighting the Japanese the Uyghurs Supported them during the Invasion, anyway thank you to the reasonable turks and the Pan Turks remind me of the Saudi Wahabist that went chechnya only to return in Body Bags, Anyway for all the Pan Turks that support Terrorism and Suicide Bombings Against Us Snow Leopard is waiting for you.

Some Uyghurs are also extremely patriotic, and they are our brothers and sisters just like other minorities in China.

This Uyghur grandpa is guarding the cemetry of the PLA martyr for 40 years.

rdn_4dc0b31974545.jpg

Some Uyghurs are also extremely patriotic, and they are our brothers and sisters just like other minorities in China.

rdn_4dc0b31974545.jpg

100% true were all sons and daughters of China, Which is why I don't want the Uyghurs to end up radicalized like Chechens when the Saudi wahabist came, Same could be said for Pan Turks that support Terrorism and secession in Xinjiang, Like I Said Snow Leopard is waiting for them. Were going have to try and integrate them and develop Xinjiang.

These pans are just a small group of people who dream of "great turkish islamic union" which is almost 70% of the world. They are totally non-realistic. If you even go to Azarbaijan, which is closest to Turkey both ethnically and geographically, they wont even agree to form an empire whose name is "Great Turkey" or similar. Why should any independent state want to be under another?

Wake up....

These pans are just a small group of people who dream of "great turkish islamic union" which is almost 70% of the world. They are totally non-realistic. If you even go to Azarbaijan, which is closest to Turkey both ethnically and geographically, they wont even agree to form an empire whose name is "Great Turkey" or similar. Why should any independent state want to be under another?

Wake up....

I agree with you however a small group of East Turkestan Terror Blow a supermarket in Xinjiang and tried to fuel ethnic violence
between Uighurs, Kazakhs, Hans, and Huis and Small Group of Wahabist Saudi's managed to change Chechens from Sufis to Ultra radicals, as a Hui Muslim I must say suicide is forbidden in Islam Brother but does that Stop Uighur terrorist from blowing up a supermarket ? we should try live together in Peace.

Don't you try to suck up to Chinese all the time just for the sake of good trade relations and bussines, because if you do you will be a traitor to your own kind, your own people.

Nobody can say that China does not use assimilation. Uighurs are already a minorty in their country, and it is China. Do you ever see how they live. It is not different than how they live 5 hundred years ago. China brings them healt care, education, life standart that they cannot have without them.

I have to ask you what kind of logic did you use and though we are saying this things for trade relationships with China. Do you thing our comments can change international policies of Turkey or China??? Really, found some thing else to blame us please.

This topic was created to honour the Turkish soldiers who gave their life to defend the people of another country which is 8000 km far away from their own but now it turned into a Chinese internal policy topic:/.

I understand it is important for some people but this topic is not a place for it.

I haven't read through all this, but I wanted to say our (USA) military history notes the Turkish soldiers as ferocious and dedicated fighters. The British learned this to their sorrow in the Gallipoli campaign in WW1.

Much respect and honor to Turkiye.

I haven't read through all this, but I wanted to say our (USA) military history notes the Turkish soldiers as ferocious and dedicated fighters. The British learned this to their sorrow in the Gallipoli campaign in WW1.

Much respect and honor to Turkiye.

you bet...!

here is some quotes that may refresh your memories :)

"4500 soldiers in the middle of the firing line have known how to create miracle. The sacrifices of the Turks will eternally remain in our minds." - Washington Tribune

"The courageous battles of the Turkish Brigade have created a favorable effect on the whole United Nations Forces." - Time

"The surprise of the Korean battles were not the Chinese but the Turks. It is impossible at this moment to find a word to describe the heroism which the Turks have shown in the battles." - Abent Post

"The Turks have shown in Kunuri a heroism worthy of their glorious history. The Turks have gained the admiration of the whole world through their glorious fighting in the battles." - Figaro

"The Turks who have been known throughout history by their courage and decency, have proved that they have kept these characteristics, in the war which the United Nations undertook in Korea." - Burner - U.S. Congressman

"There is no one left who does not know that the Turks, our valuable allies, are hard warriors and that they have accomplished very great feats at the front." - Claude Pepper, U.S. Senator

"I now understand that the vote I gave in favor of assistance to Turkey was the most fitting vote I gave in my life. Courage, bravery and heroism are the greatest virtues which will sooner or later conquer. In this matter, I know no nation superior to the Turks." - Rose - U.S. Senator

"While the Turks were for a long time fighting against the enemy and dying, the British and Americans were withdrawing. The Turks, who were out of ammunition, affixed their bayonets and attacked the enemy and there ensued a terrible hand to hand combat. The Turks succeeded in withdrawing by continuous combat and by carrying their injured comrades on their backs. They paraded at Pyongyang with their heads held high." - G.G. Martin - British Lieutenant General

"The Turkish forces have shown success above that expected in the battles they gave in Korea." - General Collings - Commander US Army

"We owe the escape of thousands of United Nations troops out of a certain encirclement to the heroism of the Turkish soldiers. The Turkish soldiers in Korea have added a new and unforgettable page of honor to the customs and legends of heroism of the Turkish nation." - Emanuel Shinwell - U.K. Minister of Defense

"The heroic soldiers of a heroic nation, you have saved the Eighth Army and the IX'th Army Crops from encirclement and the 2nd Division from destruction. I came here today to thank you on behalf of the United Nations Army." - General Walton H. Walker, Commander, Eighth Army

"The Turks are the hero of heroes. There is no impossibility for the Turkish Brigade." - General Douglas MacArthur - United Nations Forces Commander in Chief

I cannot understand why we should support independent Uighur state. Dont get me wrong I have deep felligs for people I share common ancestor but shouldn't we encourage them to be more loyal to China. Independent Uighur State would not have any income. They would not have coast to import or export. They would be still dependent to China but with China they can be a citizen of worlds fastest growing superpower and would it not be hypocritical of us to support Uighurs while we are fighting against Pkk. Uighurs were under Chinese control more than 4 hundred year.

I am not sugar coating China eighter. China's assimilation policy is disturbing but from what I heard and watch from news and documentries, They are actually building modern cities in Uighur towns. They give them free health care, education etc... It would be benefical to both China and Uighurs to live together. Uighurs would have the life standart that would not be easy without China and China would have the stability that she craved for centuries.

By the way I think Turks see china as different than any other country. They are each others first enemies. I think it is as same as how you feel about a old enemey that you no longer fight but you fought them so much actually they start to became a someone you actually know pretty well, that someone you respect and some might say even start to love:). It is different actually, it is hard to classify.

By the way I love Pakistan, Korea, China

pakistan zindabat!!!

sal ah it neun South Korea!!! (I think this means long live South Korea)

hǎowā China!!!

Great comment indeed. That must be the actual point of all. No need to make hot-headed utopic statements because Great minds think alike. Instead of living under the wealth standarts, Be a proud civilzation of a fastest growing country which would be the next superpower of the World, While living your own culture without any restrictions.

rdn_4dc0b31974545.jpg

This is really nice to hear dude.

We always support Uighurs as part of China. I personally believe Chine can care Uighurs better than anyone. However Chinese gov. must lift human rights up for everyone if China wants stop this separatist movement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom