What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Did Turkey say they want TAI to manufacture most of their future F-35s?

For me, not. Need always sources (Government or Military industrial company)...

There are many people on this forum knowing "secret" information. You just can't verify what they say. So the information can be true or false depending on who gives. It is a matter of trust and somebody earns it.

This is huge news. If 2 Turkish companies can win this tender, This would be milestone for Turkish aerospace and military industry. The jobs and revunue aside Even prestige of winning such tender would help our sales in other projects.

This is huge news. If 2 Turkish companies can win this tender, This would be milestone for Turkish aerospace and military industry. The jobs and revunue aside Even prestige of winning such tender would help our sales in other projects.
One US company one Turkish company.

The only thing potentially allowing us to win anything is SNC, otherwise no-go imo. But what does this say about our regional jet fanfare? Another letdown and prototype failure?

Where/Why did you get that idea?

You mean first sentence or second? Local lobby's in US is very big/important, senators etc all try to keep jobs available in their area's. And such a big deal would surely be preferred to be given to Americans, rather than foreigners.

Where/Why did you get that idea?

Have you seen the competition? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X_program

Boeing with Saab
Lockheed Martin
Northrop Grumman
Raytheon and Alenia
Textron

and then there is SNC with TAI. All of those companies have build different kinds of jets. They have way more experience.
SNC has experience in Space Travel but they have never build something like this. Neither did TAI.

SNC should be involved in TF-X btw.

Use the information "at your own risk". It can be true or false. I trust people who I know in real life.

Back
Top Bottom