What's new

Turkish Army Aviation

Babur Han

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Please post here any News regarding turkish Army Aviation.

Turkey close to choosing copters, vehicles

Sunday, May 9, 2010
ÜMİT ENGİNSOY
ANKARA – Hürriyet Daily News

Turkey’s ultimate decision-making body on defense procurement is preparing for a tough meeting next month, a gathering that likely will see final decisions on helicopter and armored vehicle deals worth billions of dollars.

A procurement official said over the weekend the meeting is planned for mid-June, probably June 15. The meeting of the Defense Industry Executive Committee will be a panel of debate on several defense programs and “would be decisive on some of the long-awaited contracts,” the official said.

The committee is chaired by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Its other members include National Defense Minister Vecdi Gönül, Chief of the Turkish General Staff Gen. İlker Başbuğ and Murad Bayar, head of the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries, or SSM, Turkey's procurement agency. The exact date for the meeting will depend on the prime minister’s schedule.

The committee usually meets three times a year. No major decisions came out from its last gathering in January.

But major contracts expected to be awarded at the June meeting include the co-production of utility, or general purpose, helicopters and the manufacture of hundreds of armored vehicles.

Turkey close to choosing copters, vehicles - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Ah forget to post that.
I'm excited to see the decision.
Hope its not disappointing.

thats the crazy part.
one thing i know is the sikorsky version oh black hawks.

What about the Eurocopter NH90, weren't they considering it?
NH90-TTH.jpg

The U.S. company Sikorsky Aircraft and the Italian-British AgustaWestland are eyeing the Turkish utility helicopter contract. Sikorsky is offering the T-70, a Turkish version of the S-70 Black Hawk International, and AgustaWestland is proposing the T-149, a Turkish version of the AW-149.

In the first batch of production, the military plans to purchase at least 120 platforms, and more than another 30, including 20 firefighters, will go to civilian purposes. The first batch alone is expected to cost over $1.5 billion. The Army, Navy, Air Force, Special Operations Command and Coast Guard Command are among the buyers of the first batch of military utility helicopters.

I made a thread about this already in the World Affairs section.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/57206-turkey-close-choosing-helicopters-vehicles.html -thread

2-aw149-helicopter.jpg
AW-149

4104369630_9ff84426e5.jpg
S-70

Both will be offering turkish versions of the above.

Last edited:
The U.S. company Sikorsky Aircraft and the Italian-British AgustaWestland are eyeing the Turkish utility helicopter contract. Sikorsky is offering the T-70, a Turkish version of the S-70 Black Hawk International, and AgustaWestland is proposing the T-149, a Turkish version of the AW-149.

In the first batch of production, the military plans to purchase at least 120 platforms, and more than another 30, including 20 firefighters, will go to civilian purposes. The first batch alone is expected to cost over $1.5 billion. The Army, Navy, Air Force, Special Operations Command and Coast Guard Command are among the buyers of the first batch of military utility helicopters.

I made a thread about this already in the World Affairs section.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/57206-turkey-close-choosing-helicopters-vehicles.html -thread

2-aw149-helicopter.jpg
AW-149

4104369630_9ff84426e5.jpg
S-70

Both will be offering turkish versions of the above.

120 where the hell you get so much money.100+JSF,SAM contract,6 U214.Wooo turkey has got some serious cash while your opponent greeks.lol.It's time for Turkish empire to once again unite Balkans under 1 flag and regain the glory days of Muslims.

120 where the hell you get so much money.100+JSF,SAM contract,6 U214.Wooo turkey has got some serious cash while your opponent greeks.lol.It's time for Turkish empire to once again unite Balkans under 1 flag and regain the glory days of Muslims.

121+90 Utility Helicopter will be produced by TAI and some other subcontactors. Candidates are Skorsky S-70 and AW-149.

Offers...

Skorsky offers Turkey;
-Full technology transfer to produce transmission, gears, rotor blades, fuselage, engine. All electronics and avionics will be developed by Aselsan. Turkey will export S-70 helicopters with Turkish electronics and avionics and Turkey will be the sole source to export some critical parts of S-70 helicopters around the World. Skorsky guarantee TAI to share all knowledge to join into TAI's domestic utility helicopter program.

Agusta Westland offers Turkey;
To be a %50 partner of AW-149 helicopter and exporting rights under the name of T-149. The helicopters which is planning to be ordered will be produced by TAI completely and While exporting, Turkey will take %50 share of total amount...

Last edited:
S70 Can be very good. I really like that helo, an S70 fly over my school everyday. I stop studying and watch them pass sometimes :)

But it looks like T149 has a better chance...

120 where the hell you get so much money.

Hard to understand huh? We are becoming poor when it comes to heavy lift helicopters. Only 14 CH47F Chinooks will be bought(4 to special forces command and 10 to army)

Last edited:
121+90 Utility Helicopter will be produced by TAI and some other subcontactors. Candidates are Skorsky S-70 and AW-149.

Offers...

Skorsky offers Turkey;
-Full technology transfer to produce transmission, gears, rotor blades, fuselage, engine. All electronics and avionics will be developed by Aselsan. Turkey will export S-70 helicopters with Turkish electronics and avionics and Turkey will be the sole source to export some critical parts of S-70 helicopters around the World. Skorsky guarantee TAI to share all knowledge to join into TAI's domestic utility helicopter program.

Agusta Westland offers Turkey;
To be a %50 partner of AW-149 helicopter and exporting rights under the name of T-149. The helicopters which is planning to be ordered will be produced by TAI completely and While exporting, Turkey will take %50 share of total amount...

I know i maybe getting unrealistic but time has come for Turkey to regain Balkans and Caucasus and perhaps get a hold in Middle east.I mean the only obstacle that was in the way of the old ottoman empire was greece which now has been removed.Turkey has now got enough Hardware to take care of anyone in Balkans.

Only Problem is NATO and perhaps world dynamics have changed a lot.Oh well perhaps there will be a day when turkey would be able regain the glory of Ottoman Empire.

I know i maybe getting unrealistic but time has come for Turkey to regain Balkans and Caucasus and perhaps get a hold in Middle east.I mean the only obstacle that was in the way of the old ottoman empire was greece which now has been removed.Turkey has now got enough Hardware to take care of anyone in Balkans.

Only Problem is NATO and perhaps world dynamics have changed a lot.Oh well perhaps there will be a day when turkey would be able regain the glory of Ottoman Empire.

Bro, I think We do not have an ambitious aim to re-gain or take control of other countries independance to create a new empire. All those technological steps are to protect our nation's freedom, honour and values forever and provide aversiveness enough against enemies. We are ruling the most strategic region of the World and Many hungry eyes have been directed towards us cause of many reasons to play their own games above us. Our aim is to remind our enemies How painfull will be, If they are impertinent against us.

In additions to Medium Utility Helicopter Program(121+90), We have ordered 14 CH-47F from USA directly but I suppose that Those copters will also carry indigenous Aselsan avionics...

Back
Top Bottom