What's new

Turkish Armed Forces Multimedia Center

Türkiye ile Ukrayna arasında Ukrayna Silahlı Kuvvetleri’ne yılda 3 milyon dolar yardım yapılması yönünde anlaşma imzalandı.

Ukrayna’nın Türkiye Büyükelçiliği’nden yapılan açıklamada iki ülkenin, Ukrayna Silahlı Kuvvetleri’ne 5 yıl için her yıl 3 milyon dolar yardım yapılması yönünde anlaşma imzaladığı belirtildi.

Ukrayna Bakanlar Kurulu ile Türkiye hükümeti arasında askeri ve maddi işbirliğinin öngörüldüğü yardımın Ukrayna ordusunun ihtiyaçlarını karşılamak üzere Türk askeri ve çift kullanımlı malzemeleri satın almak üzere kullanılacağı ifade edildi. Anlaşma, Ukrayna’nın Ankara Büyükelçisi Andrii Sybiha ile Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarı İsmail Demir tarafından imzalandı.

Ummm, I've just cheked TSK Google+ Photo's and Leopard 2A5? or 2A6?
We don't have these why did they post this?

Leopard.jpg

What the hack is this?

If ISIS was watching this, they were aware of that TurAF is about to hit 'em. Reporter gave every single detail of up coming operation during his report.

Fckng hilarious...

What the hack is this?

If ISIS was watching this, they were aware of that TurAF is about to hit 'em. Reporter gave every single detail of up coming operation during his report.

Fckng hilarious...

Or it's was a ruse, who's to say ?

I have noticed it too, does anyone have any knowledge about this MBT?

Germany has sent it for the new battle tank project of Turkiye in between 1999-2001.

We have started to modernize our tank fleets in that time around. So leopard was one of the a few modern tanks which were sent by our allies. French, American, Russian or Ukrainian tanks were also been sent to us for testing.

I have seen 'em while transporting to Kars.

Ummm, I've just cheked TSK Google+ Photo's and Leopard 2A5? or 2A6?
We don't have these why did they post this?

View attachment 365264

It is Leopard 2A6. I saw it on the Turkish Armed Forces Google+ Account. I don't know why did they posted it. There is no Leopard 2A6 in Turkish Land Forces Inventory. This is really interesting...

This is a youtube channel intended to tell the history of WW1 day by day. But it is sided agaisnt Turks and insist calling Istanbul constantinapol despite the messages i have send them. They dont always tell the full truth with accuricy but nontheless channel is very informative. This one i am sharing is about prerepublic ottoman army uniforms. I quit watching every episode out of anger but still i am dying to see part they will inform about Turkish war of indepedence. Enjoy.

This is a youtube channel intended to tell the history of WW1 day by day. But it is sided agaisnt Turks and insist calling Istanbul constantinapol despite the messages i have send them. They dont always tell the full truth with accuricy but nontheless channel is very informative. This one i am sharing is about prerepublic ottoman army uniforms. I quit watching every episode out of anger but still i am dying to see part they will inform about Turkish war of indepedence. Enjoy.

May be it will be better for you to find out that Istanbul was called Constantinople or Konstantiniye in Turkish until 1928 and became Istanbul after that. So no need for multiple emails showing your ignorance about your own history. Not meant to offend you!

May be it will be better for you to find out that Istanbul was called Constantinople or Konstantiniye in Turkish until 1928 and became Istanbul after that. So no need for multiple emails showing your ignorance about your own history. Not meant to offend you!

I really well know for sure what is what. What YOU dont understand is spiritual side of it. Every foreign that has eye on Istanbul, those ones that wants the city for themselves is given a name to the city in order to legitimize their desire to conquere it in hearts of their people.

Istanbul was the common name for the city in normal speech in Turkish even before the conquest of 1453. The name 'Istanbul' was used if not during the Byzantine period, at least during the 11th century and that the Turks knew the city by this name.

For instance in the titles of the highest Ottoman military commander (İstanbul ağası) and the highest civil magistrate (İstanbul efendisi) of the city.

Istanbul were also widely used in Ottoman literature and poetry. Istanbul name given after the Ottoman conquest of 1453 to express the city's new role as the capital of the Islamic Ottoman Empire.

The explorer who travelled through the territory of the Ottoman Empire and neighboring lands over a period of forty years Evliya Çelebi, describe Istanbul as the common Turkish name of the time.

Istanbul also called by Ottoman Empire citizens themself as follows:
Der-i Devlet (در دولت "Abode of the State")
Der-i Saʿādet (در سعادت "Abode of Felicity" or "Abode of Eudaimonia")
Bāb-i ʿĀlī (باب عالی, "The Sublime Porte")
Āsitāne (آستانه "Threshold"); Referring to the imperial court.
Pāy-taḫt or sometimes Pāyitaḫt (پای تخت, "The Seat/Base of the Throne")

Other names given around the world as follows:

Old Norse names are Miklagarðr (from mikill 'big' and garðr 'wall' or 'stronghold'), later Miklagard and "Micklegarth"

Slavic name Tsargrad (there is also famous Russian news paper you might know)

Persian and Arabic names are Cesar, as in Persian and Urdu Kayser-i Zemin, or on the ethnic name Rum, as in Arabic Rūmiyyat al-kubra ('Great City of the Romans') or Persian Takht-e Rum ('Throne of the Romans').

Judaeo-Spanish names Kostandina or Kostantina as its short form Kosta (קושטה) or Kostán in most Judaeo-Spanish publications during the Ottoman period. Kosta was the name for the entire province of Istanbul, while the word Estambol was used for the area of the old city and Pera. The inhabitants are called Estambulí or Estambullí.

In Hebrew, the city was sometimes referred to as "Kushtandina" קושטנדינה, and sometimes "Kushtandina Rabati" קושטנדינה רבתי, literally, Great Kushtandina, or shortened to "Kushta" קושטא, probably due to a distorted pronunciation of the Judaeo-Spanish Kostandina. This usage was common among non-Sephardic Jews until the early 20th century; however, in present-day Israel it has virtually disappeared, replaced by the Hebrew transliteration of the Turkish "Istanbul" (איסטנבול).

Chinese names
Lumi city 魯迷城 (Lumi 魯迷 is the Chinese pronunciation of Rum or Rumi) during the Ming Dynasty
Wulumu 務魯木 (originates from Rum or Rumi) during the Qing Dynasty
Gongsidangdinebole 拱斯當底訥伯勒 during the Qing Dynasty
Kangsitanyinuoge'er 康思坦貽諾格爾 during the Qing Dynasty
Junshitandingbao 君士坦丁堡 modern transcription of Constantinople, used when referring to the city in a historical sense
Present-day Chinese use transcriptions of the name Istanbul (Yisitanbu'er 伊斯坦布尔 or Yisitanbao 伊斯坦堡) when referring to the modern city.

Greeks continue to call the city Constantinople (Κωνσταντινούπολη Konstantinupoli in Modern Greek) or simply "The City" (η Πόλη i Poli).
Armenian uses Bolis, based on the Greek Poli(s) 'City'.
Icelandic preserves the old Norse name Mikligarður.
In Slovene Carigrad is still largely used and often preferred over the official name.

There should be great sensitivity shown on this subject, Europe resists the adoption of the name 'Istanbul'. Greeks, Armenians, Slavs, overall Christian refuse to say Istanbul. They want to conquere the city in the name of Christianity and throw the Turks to central asia out of anatolia if they can. This a perception operation, never forget that!

Is there any city in the world with this much name? How many Moskow has, how many Tokyo has, how many London has, how many Paris has, how many Baku has? Just give me an example for gods sake.

So @Seyfullah was your intention of telling me "no need for multiple emails showing your ignorance about your own history. Not meant to offend you!" because you try to be cocky or you are lovey dovey with your Armenian-Greek friends and share their opinion of Istanbul. Which one is it?

Either way for me you are a very low representation of Azerbaijan National brothers whom i think very highly of and very much respect.

Back
Top Bottom