What's new

Turkey to build wall on border with Armenia

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkey considers building wall along border with Armenia

By Rashid Shirinov

Turkey considers constructing a wall along the state border with Armenia.

The proposal is being discussed by the Ministries of National Defense and Finance, Trend reported with reference to the Turkish Star newspaper on January 11.

The 3-meter concrete walls will be erected in the Turkish provinces of Ardahan, Kars and Igdir, which border on Armenia.

The concrete walls are expected to contribute to fighting against terrorism, smuggling and prevention of illegal border crossing.

The tension in the relations of Turkey and Armenia is due to Armenia's so-called “genocide” claims against Turkey and occupation of Azerbaijani territories. That was the very reason due to which the Turkish-Armenian border is closed since early 1990s.

Turkey has repeatedly stressed that the Ankara-Yerevan normalization of ties is impossible without the liberation of the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.

In late 2015, Turkey launched construction of a wall along its border with Syria to keep out ISIS fighters. The construction is expected to be completed in April 2017.

The concrete wall stretching the length of the border between the two countries, include barbed wire, a dedicated patrol road and a reinforced fence. Some 28 kilometers of the wall is left to build.

http://www.azernews.az/region/107464.html

C135FjHXcAA6jI0.jpg

Turkey plans to build a wall along border with Armenia

Turkey considers building a wall along the state border with Armenia. The wall will be similar to the one which is under construction along Turkey-Syria border, Panorama.am reports referring to the Turkish media.

The concrete wall is planned to be erected along the bordering areas of Ardahan, Kars and Igdir cities.

The Turkish media outlet also reports that Turkey also intends to carry out modernization works in the customs checkpoints with Iran and Georgia, as well as in the Armenian-Turkish border checkpoint which does not operate.
Source Panorama.am

@Kamil_baku @Azeri440 @Zulkarneyn @usernameless @Sinan @xenon54 @OguzSenturk etc...

Nice. I must say I like this idea of border modernization all around Turkey.

Great news, if we can totally cover our borders with Syria, Iran, Iraq and Armenia with walls it will be perfect.

I think we don't need wall on Georgian border for few reasons
-They are not middle eastern
-They are educated people, there is nearly no Georgian terrorist in earth
-Stability is so high even after Russia war
-Knows how to trade
-Even our president is Georgian :D

Beside joke, Iraq-Iran-Armenia wall is a must

good step by our government a little late but not too late! iran iraq armenia wall is urgend needed but we need more armed uav for that region.. but because it is not cost effictive we need mines without it ppl can just simply go under or above the thing but if they have to build a 10 km long tunnel it will be first very hard for them and second they could be detected because it take much time to buld it

also seismic sensors infrared cameras and some radars from meteksan are needed.. as said mines would be more cost effective

speciallay if you make safe ways through the mine fields and mark them in maps I dont thionk that it would be a bad idea.. just make some more of this ways

also I would recommend the government to form a new army or battalion or else part of army about 20.000 men specialized for urban and guerilla fighting (not only against them but as guerilla fighters) this could be usefull in the future when we have to face a coalition against us.. and their ideas (includes new weapons) and fighting could help our standard army to learn tactics against it..

Turkey plans to build a wall along border with Armenia

Turkey considers building a wall along the state border with Armenia. The wall will be similar to the one which is under construction along Turkey-Syria border, Panorama.am reports referring to the Turkish media.

The concrete wall is planned to be erected along the bordering areas of Ardahan, Kars and Igdir cities.

The Turkish media outlet also reports that Turkey also intends to carry out modernization works in the customs checkpoints with Iran and Georgia, as well as in the Armenian-Turkish border checkpoint which does not operate.
Source Panorama.am

@Kamil_baku @Azeri440 @Zulkarneyn @usernameless @Sinan @xenon54 @OguzSenturk etc...

Nice. I must say I like this idea of border modernization all around Turkey.
Whole eastern border should be sealead, it would also prevent smuggling to a certain point.

I think we don't need wall on Georgian border for few reasons
-They are not middle eastern
-They are educated people, there is nearly no Georgian terrorist in earth
-Stability is so high even after Russia war
-Knows how to trade
-Even our president is Georgian :D

Beside joke, Iraq-Iran-Armenia wall is a must

how do you build an effective wall on hakkari-iraq border where there's all mountanins

Back
Top Bottom