What's new

Turkish Tanks Face ISIS at Syria border

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • f854a328d5760fa526ae97ca49cc4511.jpg

Turkish army tanks take up position on the Turkish-Syrian border near the southeastern town of Suruc in Sanliurfa province on Monday. (Reuters)
MURSITPINAR, Turkey: Turkey on Monday deployed tanks and armored vehicles to reinforce its border with Syria amid escalating Islamic State violence, as Parliament is set to consider whether to authorize military action against IS militants.
The army moved tanks and armored vehicles to the border town of Mursitpinar which lies across from the key Kurdish town of Ain Al-Arab after some stray bullets hit Turkish villages, sparking retaliation from Turkey’s military under its “rules of engagement.”
The government said Monday it would shortly submit motions to Parliament authorizing the armed forces to take action in Iraq and Syria, so Ankara can join the US-led coalition against the IS fighters.
“The motions have not yet been sent to Parliament. They may come tomorrow,” parliamentary speaker Cemil Cicek was quoted as saying by NTV television. Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has said the motions will be debated on Thursday. Turkey had refused to join a broad anti-IS coalition led by the United States while dozens of its citizens including diplomats and children were being held by IS militants having been abducted from the Turkish consulate in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.
After securing their freedom in a top-secret operation which reportedly resulted in the release of 50 IS fighters, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the country’s position had changed, signalling a more robust stance toward the IS group. The government hopes Parliament will approve the military action before Eid Al-Adha which begins on Saturday.
On Monday, Erdogan said the Islamic State — blacklisted as a terrorist organization by Ankara since October 2013 — has nothing to do with Islam, which he said “does not legitimize such savagery or violence.”
Turkey tanks face IS at Syria border | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.
By the way which Tank are these @Neptune @Kaan and other Turkish Brothers

• View attachment 98687
    Turkish army tanks take up position on the Turkish-Syrian border near the southeastern town of Suruc in Sanliurfa province on Monday. (Reuters)
MURSITPINAR, Turkey: Turkey on Monday deployed tanks and armored vehicles to reinforce its border with Syria amid escalating Islamic State violence, as Parliament is set to consider whether to authorize military action against IS militants.
The army moved tanks and armored vehicles to the border town of Mursitpinar which lies across from the key Kurdish town of Ain Al-Arab after some stray bullets hit Turkish villages, sparking retaliation from Turkey’s military under its “rules of engagement.”
The government said Monday it would shortly submit motions to Parliament authorizing the armed forces to take action in Iraq and Syria, so Ankara can join the US-led coalition against the IS fighters.
“The motions have not yet been sent to Parliament. They may come tomorrow,” parliamentary speaker Cemil Cicek was quoted as saying by NTV television. Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has said the motions will be debated on Thursday. Turkey had refused to join a broad anti-IS coalition led by the United States while dozens of its citizens including diplomats and children were being held by IS militants having been abducted from the Turkish consulate in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.
After securing their freedom in a top-secret operation which reportedly resulted in the release of 50 IS fighters, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the country’s position had changed, signalling a more robust stance toward the IS group. The government hopes Parliament will approve the military action before Eid Al-Adha which begins on Saturday.
On Monday, Erdogan said the Islamic State — blacklisted as a terrorist organization by Ankara since October 2013 — has nothing to do with Islam, which he said “does not legitimize such savagery or violence.”
Turkey tanks face IS at Syria border | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.
By the way which Tank are these @Neptune @Kaan and other Turkish Brothers

M-60A3 TTS. the Leopard 1T, 2A4s and Sabra tanks are deployed in Western Turkey.

ISIS i m sure cannot fight a regular army(provided its not pussy iraqi army). Turk forces will surely pulverize ISIS in combat.

ISIS i m sure cannot fight a regular army(provided its not pussy iraqi army). Turk forces will surely pulverize ISIS in combat.

For sure, but let's not forget, ISIS command structure is made up of Saddam Hussein's former Generals and Commanders. Iraqi Army didn't run away, they were commanded away.

No according to many western experts and others they are pretty much fighting like a conventional Army and motivation is all time high but Muslims forces need to work together and without USA and NATO help to take them out because USA and NATO intervention will ISIS instead of getting less support gets more support

No according to many western experts and others they are pretty much fighting like a conventional Army and motivation is all time high but Muslims forces need to work together and without USA and NATO help to take them out because USA and NATO intervention will ISIS instead of getting less support gets more support
The thing is most muslim armys cant even help them selves.

The thing is most muslim armys cant even help them selves.
Yeah but the gulf countries are good to go. I think thats what zarvan is talking about. Some of these gulf countries are more powerful than many european countries.

M-60A3 TTS. the Leopard 1T, 2A4s and Sabra tanks are deployed in Western Turkey.

Damn dude. If these tanks at the border are M60 A1 then thats bad. I read online that the accuracy for the M60 A1 for a stationary tank sized target at 2000m was only 23%. M60 A3 TTS was 70%~. If you ask me about 300 M60's should be upgraded with ERA and better fire control systems. Nothing expensive but something that would make them much more effective. I see those ISIS guys driving like 80km with those pickup trucks and sometimes with tanks. I dont think the M60's could hit those target while they are moving. I understand that the Altay is almost done but it will be a while till the army gets a significant amount of those so in the mean time I think some upgrades for the M60's are necessary.

Anyways these are good for taking out ISIS technicals.

e7042acaca54318da4662efc17b92e62.jpg

Last edited:
so golf countrys in the air and turks at bottom that is so fine that our ppl should die or take the main risk..

I am against it.. for us it makes no sense attacking them why?
- they are binding PKK and pushtmerga in fight
- they are a thread to iran and a potentional south azerbaycan giver

I would only be satisfied to fight them if we get a buffer zone , if we take turkmen zones and then I would love to see a end and no futher fight against them..
but somehow there are reasons to fight them because they kidnapped our ppl and killed turkmen

Yeah but the gulf countries are good to go. I think thats what zarvan is talking about. Some of these gulf countries are more powerful than many european countries.
Exactly brother if UAE can bomb targets in Libya they can bomb in Iraq and also Saudis

Motion for military action to let Turkey send troops into Syria, Iraq has passed. I hope we set up the bufferzone now..

Turkish soldiers arent motivated to fight against IS. I doubt any Turkish soldier is willing to risk his life for US designed "humanitarian" missions.

It's not. That op should have been done 2 years ago. The government is late to give this decision but its better than not so.

We cant protect our current border, we cant deal with city uprisings. How do you suggest we can take on IS?

IS has more than 50.000 fighters. Even Nusra and Ahrar es Sham joined them recently adding more than 2.000 fighters.

Deal with 5.000 men strong pkk first. Syria's future is ISIS. Accept it. Not worth of risking a single soldier.

Your basic infantry will become shish kebab for IS. Forget it, this isnt adventure game.

Back
Top Bottom