What's new

Turkey is preparing to buy/make an aircraft carrier!

Turkey+(Cyprus) itself is/are aircraft carrier(s)! almost all the problamatic areas in the world are with in the reach of our f-16s and future f-35s! all we need is LCT, LST, LHDs for now we lack this capacity and this is what we need! having a aircraft carrier (CV) means you need a carrier battle group (CVBG)!

Why would Turkey need an AC? All potential enemies of Turkey lie right next to it. Spend this money on further developing your indigenous arms industry which you are making good progress on rather than an expensive AC :)

No need to have a AC. The interest area of Turkey in region is all within the range of Turkish missiles/AF so Neither Turkey have any concern of attacking on an oceangoing country, nor Defeating a country with just one AC is impossible but waste of source and money. Losing an aircraft carrier is something like losing the war mentally/Psicologically so No need to risk such an expensive ship carrying much more expensive toys then themselves on it, If you don't have a huge spare fleet to protect it...

LHD would be way enough to fullfill the requirements of Turkish Navy in region...

Such surprise operation capabilities on islands/landparts with all those amphibious projects are What Turkey wants to improve. In 2010, EFES exerices performed in night conditions...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think other wise, The main point of getting a AC is most likely to get more influance in the region and greatly increasing our pressence there. We could station it in different areas such as Red Sea or Perhaps Strait of Hormus to counter Iranian Threaths. Last time i checked Turkey wanted to regain former ottoman states influance in the region. A AC is Very Crucial.

Our stupid media just fail again. Most probably, they were talking about LHD Project and Turkish F-35s. AC is not possible for Turkey, atleast 20-25 years.

Our stupid media just fail again. Most probably, they were talking about LHD Project and Turkish F-35s. AC is not possible for Turkey, atleast 20-25 years.

Thats Redicilous, Thailand ordered an Aircraft carrier and Recieved it within 4 years and they never used an aircraft carrier in there history as far i know, Yet Till this day they are easely operating an aircraft carrier without problems.

Unlike us, Thailand is an ocean-country, they are in danger because of China. An aircraft carrier will be dead ship in Mediterranean .

Italian aircraft carriers are just for showing their flag in allied ports. Most probably, they won't be in an active warfare zone for ever.
Our situation is different, we have enemies everywhere.

are you sure that NATO would give you permission to making/buying AC !? actually , IMO they seeing Turkey as a potential danger ....

So another Iranian talking about NATO and Turkey. It can be boring sometimes.

IMO they seeing Turkey as a potential danger ....
How can you know we are potantial danger for them?

are you sure that NATO would give you permission to making/buying AC !?
Who needs permission? We constructed Milgems, planning to construct AAW-Frigates, LHDs and Multi-Purpose Frigates and no one asked for a permission to US.

Thats Redicilous, Thailand ordered an Aircraft carrier and Recieved it within 4 years and they never used an aircraft carrier in there history as far i know, Yet Till this day they are easely operating an aircraft carrier without problems.

the carrier they operate is a joke. and beside, from what i have read it is nothing but a problem for them. very few times in water compared to it's spanish counterparts etc. beside, where are we going to get the money to a carrier group? the cost of operating them is to high for us. and in the Aegan, Black, and mediteranean sea it is a giant target for anyone acquiring carrier killer missiles!

not to forget how small they are. seems more like a LHD than a carrier!

If we want to be the regional power in Middle East we definitely need an aircraft carrier. Also if we want to be one of the most militarily powerful countries it is a must. Look at the countries with aircraft carriers:
Brazil (1)
France (1)
India (1)
Italy (2)
Russia (1)
Spain (2)
Thailand (1)
United Kingdom (1)
United States (11+9)
Aircraft carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even Italy and Spain got 2 aircraft carriers. Heck Thailand got one!

Edit:
@ Manuz
I guess we can acquire one by buying it or making it ourselves, Turkey is in the end one of the best shipbuilder countries in the world. It is by the way Seymour Hersh who said that, i don't know where he gathered the intel. He says that Turkey is moving from a regional sphere to an international sphere and that the excessive developments within Turkish weapons industry demonstrates this.
Yes! Turkey deserves at least 2 aircraft carriers....They need to build it on their own cuz they got all the infrastructure...It will be great if they lead the Muslim world in this field......

Back
Top Bottom