What's new

Traditional Dresses of South Asia

Deviating slightly from the topic ,but i like it when women mix-match traditional ethnic dresses with modern wears like these two mumbai girls in traditional dhoti pants
OAQlp.jpg

or this tribal wraparound from mizoram
Tb0GP.jpg

and these Naga ladies in ethnic dresses with beautiful footwear

Last edited by a moderator:
Do anyone still remember how to tie a Dhoti, I used to observe my Uncle's way to tie the Dhoti in my Childhood and used to copy that using a Gamchha, :D so I still remember how to tie a Dhoti but didn't wear it in my entire life . Even my father worn Dhoti only during some festive moments.

12534-purab-kohli-wearing-a-dhoti-and-kurta.jpg

These Naga ladies in ethnic dresses with very good beautiful footwear

Looks like Fusion Dressing and dress are really good. Do, all Naga Tribes have same clothing culture or do it varies from Tribe to Tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dress of Manipuri Dance performing Rasleela. The dress is really awesome, I always liked their dress and Dance steps.

Manipuri_Dance.jpg

Looks like Fusion Dressing and dress are really good. Do, all Naga Tribes have same clothing culture or do it varies from Tribe to Tribe.

There is subtle variation from tribe to tribe , not only in dresses but ornaments , customs and all, but overall not too different also.

How is sari doing in Bangaldesh? Is it still popular.In my place its fighting a hard battle against Salwar Kameez for place in the women's wardrobe.

Bangladeshis wear Sarees only including their both leaders. It was also one of cultural difference between East and West Pakistan. In my home state Bihar also Muslim Women wear Saree only and Muslim women are rarely seen in Burqa.

No brainer. Saree owns every other women dress.

As for the masculine gender, I prefer tees & jeans for casuals and tradtional Tamil veshti.

Traditional Bihari Dress. The round necklace they are wearing is called Hausili and is made of Silver.

5BHARTIYA+NIRTYA+KALAMANDIR+MAI+24+ALL+INDIA+POST+CULTRUL+MEET.jpg

Khalistan? lool alright then :)

No offence but you sir are a complete ignorant douche. :) And how is India SOUTH - eastern country compared to Pakistan? loool! What about bordering states of Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat? They don't have any similarities right? :P 90% of your puplation (Punjabis, Sindhis, Mojahirs, Kahmiris) have Indian origin but oh well. All the Aryans on the east side oh the Indus river have same origin, genetics, similar languages, similar food. But somethinf you Pakistanis will never understand. No wonder Bengalis seperated. :/ Although they are Aryans too. :P
never mind bro. we indian punjabis consider ourselves more closer to indians. balochis we dunno much about them. from the looks of it they look nomadic people. pathans we call pashoris. lahoris are probably much closer to us but they are changing day by day.

Back
Top Bottom