What's new

Traditional Dresses of South Asia

^^^ There must have been something between 300 BC & 19th Century.. :D :lol:

no he was correct....they were stills from pazhassi raja movie.....actually it was pretty much like that till start of 20th century......

latest bridal collection..i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhutia People from Darjeeling, India

Two-Bhutia-Couples-at-Darjeeling-1865.jpg

Khalistan? lool alright then :)

No offence but you sir are a complete ignorant douche. :) And how is India SOUTH - eastern country compared to Pakistan? loool! What about bordering states of Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat? They don't have any similarities right? :P 90% of your puplation (Punjabis, Sindhis, Mojahirs, Kahmiris) have Indian origin but oh well. All the Aryans on the east side oh the Indus river have same origin, genetics, similar languages, similar food. But somethinf you Pakistanis will never understand. No wonder Bengalis seperated. :/ Although they are Aryans too. :P

Much of India is South-east to Pakistan whether you want to admit or not:

NA-AV219_SIRCRE_NS_20090112194022.gif

And other than Indian Occupied Kashmir and Khalistan (what you call "indian punjab") all the other parts of India are seen just as foreign to Pakistanis as Sri Lanka, Nepal, or Myanmar, or Zimbabwe.

And yes Punjabis are the largest ethnic group of Pakistan who have almost the same culture as Khalistanis. But Pashtuns are now the 2nd largest ethnic group of Pakistan, they don't have any similarities with Indians. Sindhis are the third largest ethnic group of Pakistan and they have a culture of their own and they are closest to Baloch than any other people in Asia. The Pakistani Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir are mostly Pahari/Pothwari speaking they have more in common with Pakistani Punjabis than Occupied Kashmiris. Mohajirs are only 7% of Pakistan's population and they also want nothing to do with Hindustan.

We must not forget that the only population in india similar to our people - are Punjabi's and they make up just 3% of the population of india.

Khasi people of Meghalaya

2006122105530201.jpg

very nice

I see a touch on central Aisan dress here on the female head bands.. which part of the country are they from? the background is very lush

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

indian clothes:

Gandhi1.jpg

nothing wrong with that.. actually that chap looks very close to our Hajj pilgrims...

on the lighter note, the goat milk didnt seem to do much good to Gandhi G.

In my opinion churidar pyjama(or whatever its called) and sarees (talking about those expesive sarees that women wear in weddings and other special occasions) look the best on women :man_in_love:

One of the reasons I attend Pakistani weddings is cuz of the girls, they look best in their cultural clothes :agree:

Kurta, Jeans,jhola, goatee with an unkempt hair was the symbol of 'intellectuals' in Kerala campuses once upon a time.

not anymore?

I liked to do it as well back in the days.. mulmul ka Kurta with geans.. over grown shave and gold leaf cigi

very nice

I see a touch on central Aisan dress here on the female head bands.. which part of the country are they from? the background is very lush

They are Khasi tribals from the state of Meghalaya from North-Eastern India exactly North of Bangladesh. Meghalaya is green because they have highest rainfall in the world, Meghalaya itself means, "Abode of Clouds". British called it "Scotland of the East"

Back
Top Bottom