What's new

Tour Of POF

For me the highlights I picked or cherry picked are the price of LSR after indigenisation is reduced to 0.25 - 0.35 from 3.0 - 3.5 million PKRs for a comparable imported system, that means now we can equip ten soldiers with LSR for the price of one imported gun.. in addition to being sanction proof and other procurement related issues.

Second, we must invest more in R&D to develop new ammos and lead the way instead of following the world.

On the tangent, though I might have preferred Wajahat Saeed Khan, I actually like this guy..he has a nice presentation, good knowledge and positive attitude. Also I came to know to that there is another new TV channel other than Ary, Geo and Bol TV.

A cup of tea or coffee may help..
I'm not sure if it was driven by the Gov't or by the Army (for ops needs), but POF signed many MoUs during IDEAS with Czech, Polish and Italian companies specializing in machinery, including small arms related production tools, machines, etc.

I'm not sure if it was driven by the Gov't or by the Army (for ops needs), but POF signed many MoUs during IDEAS with Czech, Polish and Italian companies specializing in machinery, including small arms related production tools, machines, etc.
Listening to the chairman POF, I think he is very passionate about it so I guess he has also played a major role in it. I came to know that Lt Gen Abdul Qayyum was the worst as he infested POF with Chakwalians (and in advance no offence to anyone from Chakwal).
ToT is the one of the best way for developing nations as it is cost and time effective until they are able to setup their own R&D infrastructure and teams. I hope most of these MoUs advance to fruition. As older machinery is not only a risk but a very inefficient and uneconomical to operate when there is a workload. Despite that POF has done a good job overall but I think there is an immense room for improvement.

Last edited:
Listening to the chairman POF, I think he is very passionate about it so I guess he has also played a major role in it. I came to know that Lt Gen Abdul Qayyum was the worst as he infested POF with Chakwalians.
ToT is the one of the best way for developing nations as it is cost and time effective until they are able to setup their own R&D infrastructure and teams. I hope most of these MoUs advance to fruition. As older machinery is not only a risk but a very inefficient and uneconomical to operate when there is a workload. Despite that POF has done a good job overall but I think there is an immense room for improvement.
Indeed. I think the Army finally placing a higher standard on the small arms it wants for the future, e.g. looking at modular rifles such as the SCAR and BREN, has made it imperative for POF to modernize its manufacturing facilities. There is no other way to efficiently produce those new designs. I would reckon that even the POF LSR would be a higher quality, superior performing, and cheaper rifle if POF's production line is modern.

Indeed. I think the Army finally placing a higher standard on the small arms it wants for the future, e.g. looking at modular rifles such as the SCAR and BREN, has made it imperative for POF to modernize its manufacturing facilities. There is no other way to efficiently produce those new designs, efficiently at least. I would reckon that even the POF LSR would be a higher quality, superior performing, and cheaper rifle if POF's production line is modern.
Not just rifles as we are looking for new Machine Guns and Handguns we are looking towards massive modernization and upgradation of POF

Indeed. I think the Army finally placing a higher standard on the small arms it wants for the future, e.g. looking at modular rifles such as the SCAR and BREN, has made it imperative for POF to modernize its manufacturing facilities. There is no other way to efficiently produce those new designs, efficiently at least. I would reckon that even the POF LSR would be a higher quality, superior performing, and cheaper rifle if POF's production line is modern.
So does it mean that the G3 production line will be replaced by new production lines for the newly selected rifles?
POF should enter into the production of more advanced arms like JDAMS and JSOWs

So does it mean that the G3 production line will be replaced by new production lines for the newly selected rifles?
POF should enter into the production of more advanced arms like JDAMS and JSOWs
Yep the POF Chairman said a while ago that the G-3 will be supplanted.

As for PGB and SOW production at POF. I believe POF will do fine just manufacturing the warheads and GPBs, the guidance and range-extension kits would be produced by a GIDS firm, e.g. AWC/AERO.

The way I collate the two pieces of information (MOUs and TV interview) is POF will need money to bring the MOUs to fruition. This looks like an awareness piece. With the PAF and Navy competing for limited resources, POF has had to ratchet up its marketing.

I think the government should look at this as strategic investment. The money should be provided if POF has provided a viable business plan. The payment should come in the form of instalments, with the next instalment linked to the achievement of KPIs from the previous one.

Back
Top Bottom