What's new

Top 5 High tech Watches

Interceptor

Reaction score
5#

No one, we mean no one, steps to Thanko! Just hours after the launch of the SE/Fossil Bluetooth watch comes this critter from the synthetic labs of Thanko. By cleverly combining the "F" from the included FM radio/transmitter and "MP3" from uh, MP3, Thanko delivers the FMP3 watch, or foompthree as we likes to call it. Sure, it supports WMA playback but FMP3WMA just doesn't have that ring. What's novel is that this MP3 watch with up to 1GB of storage can also transmit your audio collection over FM to your radio while doubling as a voice recorder and clandestine USB 2.0 drive for fast and easy, drag and drop file transfer 'tween you PC. The antenna is wired into the watch band resulting in an electromagnetic field around you hand for controlling metallic objects up to 10 feet away. Ok, we made that last bit up, but you know you want it. Available in Japan starting today in 512MB/1GB models for ¥12,800/¥16,800 or about $109/$143. Not bad, really.

4#

display is a small (1.2") 96x64 yellow-and-white OLED display. OLEDs are neat because only consume power proportional to the number of pixels that are turned on -- for a game like pong, that's a relatively small 1-2% of the display, so the power requirements are pretty small. Plus, the high contrast looks great with a game like this. I haven't worked out the power budget in detail yet, but hopefully I can get a day's use out of the watch, and then recharge the battery each night. The charger would also automatically set the time, so there will be no need for buttons on the watch.

[YOUTUBE]

3#

ony Ericsson has launched the Bluetooth Watch MBW-100.

The MBW-100 boasts sleek lines, classic looks and represents a first as a mainstream Bluetooth fashion accessory from a mobile phone supplier. The analogue watch is crafted from high quality stainless steel and has a silver facia.

Designed in partnership with watch industry leader Fossil, the MBW-100 has a stylish OLED display beneath the watch face displays who is calling when a call is incoming. A simple key press on the watch can reject the call.

[YOUTUBE]

2#

Made by One-Seg (Japan), this nifty watch measures 2.3 x 3.5 x 0.88-inches and weighs in at just over 4-ounces. Simply plug in a Willcom W-SIM card for mobile phone functionality, or you can watch terrestrial digital TV broadcasts on its 2.4-inch LCD display. Pricing and availability have not yet been announced.

1#

Eurotech announced its wrist-worn PC in March. It said a MIPS-based version of the device would ship in June, followed by an ARM-based model sometime later.

The device targets emergency search-and-rescue, healthcare, homeland security, maintenance, law enforcement, logicstics, transportation, and defense applications.

Zypad WL 1000
(Click to enlarge)
The Zypad WL 1000 is based on a Raza Microelectronics 32-bit MIPS-based AU 1100 processor (formerly offered by AMD) clocked at 400MHz. It has 64MB each of flash RAM and flash ROM, with expansion available through an SD card slot.

The Zypad WL 1000 has a 3.5-inch QVGA (240 x 320) touchscreen with automatic contrast adjust. It also features an 11-key backlit keypad.

Network interfaces include 802.11b/g, GPS, and PAN Bluetooth class 2 (32 feet), each with integral antennas. The device also includes USB 1.1 host and device ports, along with stereo audio I/O.

http://www.techepics.com/files/linux_wrist_7.jpg[/IMG

Something that spies my consider the communication systems avialable in the market allow the confort of great communication, some of these wrist watches allow ways that (spies) could communicate and send data across Wide bands and Low bands, some of the wrist watches are able to send information across the 2.4 giga hertz and this some achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walkie Talkie Watches

What would airport security say when you walk through with one of these watches sporting a large antenna?

“All the intelligent features seem to be getting one-by-one on to your wrist be it Bluetooth technology or the walkie-talkie feature like this cool Walkie Talkie Watch. The hi-tech watch have a full clock function apart from its walkie-talkie function which makes it a private mobile radio-communicator. IWantOneOfThose reports that, “the high quality watches were sported by the Norwegian Winter Olympic team during last year’s Winter Olympics.” The watch has voice activated operation and it has a range of 3km.”

Wrist watch tech allowing a Walkie talkie system that is miniture and looks disguised aswell.

I'll stick to my Breitling, got two of them and I'll be buying a third shortly.
Love that brand. :)

^^
Well you have to look at the development of minture subsystem its just amazing they can create about rist size watchs with those specs.

^^

It’s more to do with watch that are able to transmit and receive data in low band and high band frequencies. And are more sophisticated in electronically then the ordinary watch.

Those watches are so cool and very uselfull. I cant wait to see more of this kind of advanced technology gadgets. :victory:

I have a watch made of titanium and powered by sunlight or artificial light :cool:

Gents,

If you consider yourself a real man, a gentleman and one who appreciate fine engineering, I beg you -- DO NOT defile yourselves with a watch that has any electronics in it.

Back
Top Bottom