What's new

Top 10 fighter jets

Congress barred sales of F-16 to Pakistan too. If Japan can pay the right amount then it is for sale.

Japan is a rich nation, with the 2nd largest economy in the world. You can be sure they can afford it. Like I have said before, money isn't the problem here.

The situation is that the Congress does not allow the sale of the Raptor. They might change this in the future and they might not, nobody knows for the moment.

What we do know now is that the export of the Raptor is forbidden.

F-35 technology is more sensitive - Anyone can work on a project for F-22 but for F-35 if you are citizen of China, Pakistan and Iran etc then you can't work on these.

You cannot compare the Raptor with the Lightning II. The Lightning II is a downgraded version of the Raptor, not to mention that it is also a cooperation with a few nations.

The Raptor technology is more advanced than the Lightning II.

An F-22 Raptor fighter jet gets vertical at the 2007 Air and Sea Show in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

From the Washington Post
Wednesday, December 17, 2008; Page D04

Lockheed Wins $784 Million Order

Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin, the world's largest defense company, won an Air Force order valued at $784 million to support weapon systems on F-22 fighter jets. The work, to be performed in Marietta, Ga., will happen this year, the Defense Department said. The F-22 is the most expensive fighter ever. Adjusted for inflation, each costs $195 million to build, according to Pentagon figures. When research and development costs are included, the inflation-adjusted price is $354 million apiece.

I CANT REVEAL THE SOURCE BUT I HAVE LEARNED THAT U.S IS WORKING ON A SECRET PROJECT TO BUILT A FIGHTER BATTER THEN F-22

I CANT REVEAL THE SOURCE BUT I HAVE LEARNED THAT U.S IS WORKING ON A SECRET PROJECT TO BUILT A FIGHTER BATTER THEN F-22

You mean the F-35 !!!:rofl:

And please avoid caps - it symbolizes yelling and is against posting etiquette.

ok i open that secret for only you see this one i letest us bird :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Ten Fighters (current and near future):

1. Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  2. Sukhoi PAK FA Firefox
  3. Eurofighter Typhoon
  4. Sukhoi Su-35/Su-30MKI Flanker-E/Flanker-H
  5. Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
  6. Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle
  7. Dassault Rafale
  8. Mikoyan MiG-35 Fulcrum-F
  9. Saab JAS 39 Gripen NG
  10. Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

also, j-10, F-16 and jf-17 are just outside the list

j-10 is supposed to be an advanced air superiority fighter but is already lagging behind the heavyweights from around the world. for example, while the rest are introducing AESA, chengdu is still considering PESA for j-10

jf-17 and f-16 are cheap and are already/to be inducted large numbers but both are outdated models

mirage 2000-5 and f-14 are out of production already

mig 31 is unsuitable for modern warfare and there are better planes for the same roles that panavia tornado performs

also, tejas is unlikely to be produced in any significant numbers to have an impact

In practical the list is hardly of any use if ur not a buyer and planning to buy any of these.

Why compare f22 with mki or mki with typhoon? Which dont seem to face eachother in quick future?

Wheather mki is 3rd or ast in the list BUT ITS CERTAINLY AT THE TOP AMONGHT SOUTH ASIAN FIGHTERS INCLUDING CHINA.

THATS WHAT MATTERS TO US, IN THE PRACTICAL SENSE AND IAF SHOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE THE BEST.

MY LIST WILL BE
1. f-22raptor
2.pak fa
3.f-35 lightning
4.su-30 mki
5.dassalt rafale
6.eurofighter typhoon
7.mig-35
8.f/a-18 super hornet
9.saab jas gripen 39
10.j-10 vanugrad

MY LIST WILL BE
1. f-22raptor
2.pak fa
3.f-35 lightning
4.su-30 mki
5.dassalt rafale
6.eurofighter typhoon
7.mig-35
8.f/a-18 super hornet
9.saab jas gripen 39
10.j-10 vanugrad

Why is PAKFA being given the second spot when it has hardly done anything to prove it's edge over other deserving aircrafts ? It just recently made it's maiden flight. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't qualify it to be 2nd best. I also see that the F-16 is absent, big mistake since the F-16 is arguably the best jet platform ever developed with the largest number of units rolled out, still continuing production and improved variants being inducted into various air forces every year. It is a 4.5++ Gen Aircraft and is very capable, plus it has gone through it's baptism through fire in many theaters but still come out on top.

Here's my list for currently operative machines:
1. F 22 Raptor
2. F 35 Lightening
3. Sukhoi 30 MKI followed by MKK version
4. Mig 35 Super Fulcrum
5. Dassualt Rafale
6. SAAB Gripien
7. Lockheed Martin-F-16 Block-70
8. EuroFightr-2000 Thypoon
9. Boeing F-18E/F Super Hornet
10. Chengdu J 10

There's no question on the ranks of 1 and 2 due to advance gen advantages like stealth.
But the rest (4+gen)are very much debatable.

i think eurofighter is better than mig-35,rafale,gripien,su-30mki and f-16 so it should be at 3rd position and su-30 mki should be at 5th position after mig-35...

It depends on what are you comparing.
COST EFFECTIVENESS
current
- Europeans (Eurofighter, Rafale)
-Russians (Mig, Sukhoi)
-US (teen series)
-Chinese
note: The european costs are shared among the countries.

future
-Pak Fa
-F-35
-F-22

INTERCEPTION (current and future)
-F-22/Pak Fa
-Su-35
-F-35
-Typhoon/Rafale
-F-15
note:fighters, dedicated interceptors not included.

MANEOUVRABILITY-DOGFIGHT (My thought)
1. Su-35/Su-37
2. F-22
3. Mig-35
4. Eurofighter/Rafale
5. J-10/F-16/Gripen

OVERALL PERFORMANCE (Future)
-F-22/Pak Fa
-F-35
-Su-35
-Eurofighter/Rafale
-F-15SE