What's new

TOp 10 countries and credit rating.

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
S&P which frankly has no clue about ratings, after they downgrade the US- the US enjoys highest growth in years and a comeback. So much for their future predictions. and gave UK AAA rating when UK just had a recession hit again ( 2 successive quarters of negative growth), while Italy has BBB+ on the brink of bankruptcy.

there are also 3 countries on that list that make far less on GDP than China and have a higher rating. so when you cat's get all excited about ' a country' (s) losing a rating . think for a moment how credible these credit agencies are: Most importantly remember there are multiple credit rating agencies.

1. United States of America AA+

2 China AA-

3 Japan AA-

4 India BBB-

5 Germany AAA

6 Russia BBB

7 Brazil BBB

8 United Kingdom AAA

9 France AA+

10 Italy BBB+

And Moody's refused to downgrade the outlook for India although they both use similar criteria.

1. United States was slapped with a downgrade because of the controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling which was dragged till the L-A-S-T hour. It was a reminder to congress to leave puerile partisanry at home.

Don't manipulate the facts to suit your needs.

Countries with TOP CREDIT RATINGS

Hong Kong AAA Stable 2011-11-29
Germany AAA Stable 2012-2-20
Denmark AAA Stable 2012-2-20
Finland AAA Stable 2012-2-20
Australia AAA Stable 2012-2-20
Canada AAA Stable 2012-2-20
Norway AAA Stable 2011-11-29
Netherlands AAA Stable 2012-01-13
Luxembourg AAA Negative 2012-01-13
Liechtenstein AAA Stable 2011-11-29
Singapore AAA Stable 2011-11-29
Sweden AAA Stable 2011-11-29
Switzerland AAA Stable 2011-11-29
United Kingdom AAA Stable 2012-04-13
France AA+ Negative 2012-2-20
Guernsey AA+ Stable 2011-11-29
Isle of Man AA+ Stable 2011-11-29
United States AA+ Negative 2011-11-29

This looks much more believable.

1. United States was slapped with a downgrade because of the controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling which was dragged till the L-A-S-T hour. It was a reminder to congress to leave puerile partisanry at home.

Don't manipulate the facts to suit your needs.

who is manipulating facts? since when is a congressional debate a criteria for credit rating. I know you were gloating about india's downgrade in S&P ( apart it being funny, actually hilarious that you would. akin to Somali's gleeful that another countries railway system was shut down for an hour)--- but the fact that they downgraded the rating and one of the reason given was because of congressional debate shows S& P is joke. Their prediction about a chance for double dip was dead wrong too.

If you argue with your wife internally about paying bills in time - but then actually pay it ( which was never a question of not paying it for the US- argument was what to cut domestically to pay it. ) - does your credit rating take a hit?

if parliamentary debates are actions to trigger ratings. India and UK and Pakistan would be dead in the water. all democracies are FUBARED!

S&P which frankly has no clue about ratings, after they downgrade the US- the US enjoys highest growth in years and a comeback. So much for their future predictions. and gave UK AAA rating when UK just had a recession hit again ( 2 successive quarters of negative growth), while Italy has BBB+ on the brink of bankruptcy.

Well credit rating is based upon the history of cleared debts, making regular payments and the ability to pay back debts in future... it does not mean you are a wealthy country I guess? Just like my personal credit rating as per Experian is 972 out 999 possible which is Excellent. But that does not mean I am a millionaire... it just mean I have a good history of paying my debts back on time and the ability to pay back in future based upon my previous history of debts. A millionaire's credit rating could be poor if he never borrowed a loan from the bank... and a poor person's credit rating could be excellent if he borrowed a loan and paid it back on time.

Same is true for countries when their credit history will be improved after a history of clear debts and the ability to pay back in future. Spain and Greece both were on the verge of bankruptcy and yet they managed to secure credit from International lenders due to their past track record and the fact they are part of the European union. Their current economic situation is very fragile but still not that bad where you assume they would be defaulted anytime soon.

Credit rating simply does not work in 2+2 way... It is just a funny way of calculation

who is manipulating facts? since when is a congressional debate a criteria for credit rating. I know you were gloating about india's downgrade in S&P ( apart it being funny, actually hilarious that you would)--- but the fact that they downgraded the rating a one of the reason was because of congressional debate shows S& P is joke.
Here is what you are doing:
1. Questioning who is manupulating the fact? (Doh! You are!)
2. At the same time completely agreeing with me. (Convenient!)
3. And then pretending S&P is a joke. (PROFIT!!!!)

If you argue with your wife internally about paying bills in time - but then actually pay it ( which was never a question of not paying it for the US- argument was what to cut domestically to pay it. ) - does your credit rating take a hit?
You have already agreed with me. Now you are pandering non-sense by getting your wife involved.

Well credit rating is based upon the history of cleared debts, making regular payments and the ability to pay back debts in future... it does not mean you are a wealthy country I guess? Just like my personal credit rating as per Experian is 972 out 999 possible which is Excellent. But that does not mean I am a millionaire... it just mean I have a good history of paying my debts back on time and the ability to pay back in future based upon my previous history of debts. A millionaire's credit rating could be poor if he never borrowed a loan from the bank... and a poor person's credit rating could be excellent if he borrowed a loan and paid it back on time.

Same is true for countries when their credit history will be improved after a history of clear debts and the ability to pay back in future. Spain and Greece both were on the verge of bankruptcy and yet they managed to secure credit from International lenders due to their past track record and the fact they are part of the European union. Their current economic situation is very fragile but still not that bad where you assume they would be defaulted anytime soon.

Credit rating simply does not work in 2+2 way... It is just a funny way of calculation

Brother Zakii ( my Most fav mod here :D) it's different with countries, in that they looking at future predictors that will affect the payment terms too. Personal credit , which btw - how hell you have such a high rating - lol, does not look at your savings accounts, investments accounts , future salary potential ... everything is based on the current and past history. Their future predictions are crappola

Here is what you are doing:
1. Questioning who is manupulating the fact? (Doh! You are!)
2. At the same time completely agreeing with me. (Convenient!)
3. And then pretending S&P is a joke. (PROFIT!!!!)

You have already agreed with me. Now you are pandering non-sense by getting your wife involved.

you like playing with crayons per chance ( what's with the colors and font sizes? .

I have called S&P as a joke. and it remains my stance. you proved it.

There were several reasons for downgrade of US ratings. one part was congressional debate .most of it was on future predictions. By adding a reminder to me about congressional debate- it proves what? That they are more dense in their way at looking at credit ratings? Yup. it does not prove your point- it proves mine. If I cite 3 out 4 reasons for a downgrade and forget the 4th. it's an omission not a manipulation. an omission I make add that further makes my case.

Who the hell gets downgraded for parliamentary debate!

Thats because it is the reality.

Bhartis are hurt because of the recent S&P fiasco and pretending that now credit ratings don't matter at all now. As usual.

Loool You're wrong my friend. This is list of Credit Ratings of ten biggest economies in terms of GDP (PPP) and what you've posted is the list of 10 countries with best credit ratings. You're both right in your own way.

And credit ratings ARE very important.

Btw no need to make your hatred for India so clear?

@ OP
what does GDP have to do with a country's rating?

You like playing with crayons per chance ( what's with the colors and font sizes? .
They are there for a reason.

I have called S&P as a joke. and it remains my stance. you proved it.
I've only proven how mad Bharitis are with S&P. That's re-iterated in your humorless anger.

There were several reasons for downgrade of US ratings. one part was congressional debate .most of it was on future predictions. By adding a reminder to me about congressional debate- it proves what? That they are more dense in their way at looking at credit ratings? Yup. it does not prove your point- it proves mine. If I cite 3 out 4 reasons for a downgrade and forget the 4th. it's an omission not a manipulation. an omission I make add that further makes my case.

Who the hell gets downgraded for parliamentary debate!
You cant create panic in the markets that United States might default and then get away with it. Its not very difficult to understand than the mumbo-jumbo you are pandering.

Now learn to read, this is actual release from S&P and the reason behind the downgrade:

1. We have lowered our long-term sovereign credit rating on the United States of America to 'AA+' from 'AAA' and affirmed the 'A-1+' short-term rating.

2. We have also removed both the short- and long-term ratings from CreditWatch negative.

3. The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics.

4. More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011.

5. Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

6. The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.
S&P | United States of America Long-Term Rating Lowered To 'AA+' Due To Political Risks, Rising Debt Burden; Outlook Negative | Americas

Loool You're wrong my friend. This is list of Credit Ratings of ten biggest economies in terms of GDP (PPP) and what you've posted is the list of 10 countries with best credit ratings. You're both right in your own way.

And credit ratings ARE very important.

Btw no need to make your hatred for India so clear?

So because I am only allergic to delusional truthers I hate India? Doesn't make any sense.

I didn't examine their criteria but Russia should be higher.
I don't know how these ratings are given out, but to me, any country where its debt is hovering around 10% should be given a good rating. Russia, Iran and Oman, if I'm not mistaken, all have stupid low debt figures thanks to hydrocarbon resources.

I don't see a country like USA ever giving back its debt, but I do see the abovementioned countries doing so.

Back
Top Bottom