What's new

Top 10 Best Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft Projects

important info

A contract between Bangalore-based Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), will commit to building 214 fighters for the IAF and 250 fighters for Russia. The option for further orders will be kept open. HAL and UAC will be equal partners in a joint venture company, much like the Brahmos JV, that will develop and manufacture the FGFA.[5] Further it was reported that the Bangalore-based HAL has negotiated firmly to get a 25 per cent share of design and development work in the FGFA programme. HAL’s work share will include critical software, including the mission computer; navigation systems; most of the cockpit displays; the counter measure dispensing (CMD) systems; and modifying Sukhoi’s single-seat prototype into the twin-seat fighter that the Indian Air Force (IAF) wants. Further Russia’s expertise in titanium structures will be complemented by India’s experience in composites like in the fuselage. A total of 500 aircraft are planned with option for further aircraft. Russian Air Force will have 200 single seated and 50 twin-seated PAK FAs while Indian Air Force will get 166 single seated and 48 twin-seated FGFAs.[6][9] At this stage, the Sukhoi holding is expected to carry out 80% of the work involved. Under the project terms, single-seat fighters will be assembled in Russia, while Hindustan Aeronautics will assemble two-seaters.[10]
Sukhoi/HAL FGFA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhai pehlay LCA to bana lo phir FGFA kaya AMCA, AMPA ya AMNA bhee bana lena.......

Have a look bhai ...
some facts related to LCA Tejas .

Tejas is flying since jan/4/2001 (First flight)

Tejas completed its 1000 Flight on 22 january 2009

It has successfully completed all its exercises in Aero India 2011 , Operations in Goa (sea level), Operations in laddakh (high altitute) , Operations in Russia (Extream cold condition) , operations in naagpur etc

Production is going on.
It will be Operational in IAF very soon (next year , if too much delayed then hardly 2014) ..

And now Sukhoi HAL FGFA (5th gen fighter) , have a look to the link below.
Its Indo-Russian Joint venture..

India is excellent in software field , well known to world..
What India is excellent at is india's contribution , what Russia is excellent at russian contribution and money for the project is shared by both india and russia .
IND151 already given the details for the same..

So open your eyes and be practicle..
Even after seeing the fact if you try to neglect it , it will remain the fact.
for example even after seeing the sky is blue if you say sky if brown , then it will not affect sky it will remain blue..

Post some healthy things in the forum man!
Dont be baseless in arguments..

Have a look bhai ...
some facts related to LCA Tejas .

Tejas is flying since jan/4/2001 (First flight)

Tejas completed its 1000 Flight on 22 january 2009

It has successfully completed all its exercises in Aero India 2011 , Operations in Goa (sea level), Operations in laddakh (high altitute) , Operations in Russia (Extream cold condition) , operations in naagpur etc

Production is going on.
It will be Operational in IAF very soon (next year , if too much delayed then hardly 2014) ..

And now Sukhoi HAL FGFA (5th gen fighter) , have a look to the link below.
Its Indo-Russian Joint venture..

India is excellent in software field , well known to world..
What India is excellent at is india's contribution , what Russia is excellent at russian contribution and money for the project is shared by both india and russia .
IND151 already given the details for the same..

So open your eyes and be practicle..
Even after seeing the fact if you try to neglect it , it will remain the fact.
for example even after seeing the sky is blue if you say sky if brown , then it will not affect sky it will remain blue..

Post some healthy things in the forum man!
Dont be baseless in arguments..
that was so called MK1.....Then they changed it to MK2....As far as we know....I hope there wont delay it for MK3....

that was so called MK1.....Then they changed it to MK2....As far as we know....I hope there wont delay it for MK3....

Little knowledge is always dangerous ..
Why you guys always keep on shouting without knowledge ?

mk1 and mk2 are two version of LCA Tejas ..
like there are so many version of mirage and migs ,..
example mig 21 followed by mig 29 , mig 35 .. doesn't mean mig 21 was not working and mig 35 is working..
later is just the more advance version..

LCA Tejas MK1 already developed and working
LCA Tejas MK2 (More advance version of Tejas MK1 ) yet to come..

Can't you see the facts i provided in the above comment ?
Tejas (its MK1) is flying since jan/4/2001 (First flight)

Tejas (MK1) completed its 1000 Flight on 22 january 2009

Production is going on.
It (Tejas MK1) will be Operational in IAF very soon (next year , if too much delayed then hardly at start of 2014) ..

Be logical and post healthy ..(After having knowledge) .

Every project looks good on paper, however a plane's effectiveness is best judged in the air. For example, the Me-262 was supposed to turn the tide of war for Nazi Germany, it was expected to endow the Luftwaffe with complete air superiority, Nazi Germany invested millions of Deutsche Marks to keep the project afloat against all odds. However, in the air, the Me-262 was met with limited success, it was simply too fast to be able to keep it's reticle long enough on the slow bombers to shoot them down, it took had to take more open turns which would leave the plane exposed for just a few seconds, enough for it to be shot down.

Little knowledge is always dangerous ..
Why you guys always keep on shouting without knowledge ?

mk1 and mk2 are two version of LCA Tejas ..
like there are so many version of mirage and migs ,..
example mig 21 followed by mig 29 , mig 35 .. doesn't mean mig 21 was not working and mig 35 is working..
later is just the more advance version..

LCA Tejas MK1 already developed and working
LCA Tejas MK2 (More advance version of Tejas MK1 ) yet to come..

Can't you see the facts i provided in the above comment ?
Tejas (its MK1) is flying since jan/4/2001 (First flight)

Tejas (MK1) completed its 1000 Flight on 22 january 2009

Production is going on.
It (Tejas MK1) will be Operational in IAF very soon (next year , if too much delayed then hardly at start of 2014) ..

Be logical and post healthy ..(After having knowledge) .
I always say....Spend some money to get some good sources of information (they come at cost) . Habbit of running into WIKI for everything is understandable. How IAF accepted the so called MK1 version is discussed to death all around on this forum. So rather browse back LCA threads to find out what are the "facts"....okey just to ask, how many changes were made in the 1000 flights of LCA?

Every project looks good on paper, however a plane's effectiveness is best judged in the air. For example, the Me-262 was supposed to turn the tide of war for Nazi Germany, it was expected to endow the Luftwaffe with complete air superiority, Nazi Germany invested millions of Deutsche Marks to keep the project afloat against all odds. However, in the air, the Me-262 was met with limited success, it was simply too fast to be able to keep it's reticle long enough on the slow bombers to shoot them down, it took had to take more open turns which would leave the plane exposed for just a few seconds, enough for it to be shot down.
ME-262 was an example of a design which was industrialized, Germany had hundreds of secret projects (I posted a few in this forum a while ago). What i could make out of the book was germans tested every conceivable design.

ATD-X is likely to be dropped, in fact it might have already been.

I'm too skeptical about KF-X. the japanese and south koreans dont have any access to
real fifth-gen technology, by themselves they haven't even developed 4.5 gen.

J-20 is a 4th gen plane made to look like a fifth-gen one with an angled nose and black paint. to tell the truth the chinese are still far from mastering 4.5 gen tech. thats why they wanted to buy
the Su-35 from russia to have an insight into real 4.5 gen. otherwise it makes no sense for them
to run after foreign 4.5 gen planes when they claim to have indigenous 5th gen ones. thus J-20 is 4th gen it cant be put in this list at all, not as of yet.

the PAK-FA and FGFA are like the same plane, the basic airframe is the same except the twin-seat config and increased indian input. they're no point in putting them at different ranks, might as well put F35B at one rank and F35C at another rank:rofl: the fool that made this list knows pretty much nothing about jets.

PAK-FA/FGFA should be listed as one in the same rank #1. F22s production line is closed, its unlikely to see any real action at all, there's no point in putting it at #1 if it doesn't fight a war at all. plus it doesn't have capabilities like the L-band arrays that can detect VLO targets present on FGFA/PAK-FA. F22 should be #2.

F35 is by far the least capable fifth-gen plane. it might be produced in numbers but it lacks some very important features like supercruise (imagine a fifth-gen fighter that cant supercruise) it should be put #9.

AMCA should be #3 since its likely to feature top-notch tech like equivalents of SPECTRA and many systems from PAK-FA further improved and customized, and also advanced features like a HUD-less cockpit where the HMD has an in-built HUD system.

The J-XX/J-2X is not even a paper plane. theres no real proof to believe that its in development either so that too cant feature in the list as there is no evidence of its existence.

the Turkish TF-X should be brought in place of J-2X. the turks are gonna get to see some fifth-gen tech as they get F35 and hence their aircraft would be very capable.

The LMFS should be put in place of J-20. russia has got real 5th gen tech unlike china which still begs russia for 4.5 gen.

Lol, omg... every indian to prove a point resorts to wiki again. Anyone can edit it!! Don't you understand.. its not a reliable source.

Lol, omg... every indian to prove a point resorts to wiki again. Anyone can edit it!! Don't you understand.. its not a reliable source.
Allright agreed wiki is not reliable some times, but most of the times it is.....
Most of the info on a wiki page is quoted from sources listed at the bottom, and you can always refer to them and correct the page if you feel so.....

Don't post if you don't know much about it...

Dont forget to add XDSF-1 made by Sudan.
I never heard of that one. I googled and I couldn't find any info. Can you please provide info about that?

Back
Top Bottom