What's new

Tipping in Pakistan

When I was in Lahore, I ordered KFC to my hotel room, and the food order was Rs300, the delivery fee was Rs30, so I gave Rs20 as a tip (I paid Rs350 total)... seems like nothing compared to Canadian tipping standards, but then again the delivery fee was only Rs30, I wasn't gonna pay the delivery guy more than KFC lol.. oh well..
I remember our first day in Lahore we gave the driver of the hotel who gave us a ride Rs500, and upon reflection I think that might have been too much. Then there was this guy at the airport who "offered" to carry our bags, like literally 50 feet, from where we exited the terminal, to where our driver was waiting, and this guy DEMANDED Rs5000, I was ready to smack the sh.it outta this guy like r u stupid u wish u made Rs5000 in 5 minutes, as.shole

When I was in Lahore, I ordered KFC to my hotel room, and the food order was Rs300, the delivery fee was Rs30, so I gave Rs20 as a tip (I paid Rs350 total)... seems like nothing compared to Canadian tipping standards, but then again the delivery fee was only Rs30, I wasn't gonna pay the delivery guy more than KFC lol.. oh well..
I remember our first day in Lahore we gave the driver of the hotel who gave us a ride Rs500, and upon reflection I think that might have been too much. Then there was this guy at the airport who "offered" to carry our bags, like literally 50 feet, from where we exited the terminal, to where our driver was waiting, and this guy DEMANDED Rs5000, I was ready to smack the sh.it outta this guy like r u stupid u wish u made Rs5000 in 5 minutes, as.shole

Foreigners get charged more everywhere because they dont know much about local rates.
Especially in south Asia you have to equip yourself with bargaining skills to not get skinned with rates like these :D

General rule is , when someone gives you your meal , with smile , they have a conversation with you and make you and your friends welcomed at the place to eat. They are enhancing your experience by their good customer service. So the deserve appreciation for this

Picture+50.png

Rules that govern Tiping (Gratitude for their Customer Service):

1- Do the Owner pays the waiters sufficiently , most of time it is minimum wage so you havae to pay 10-15% Tip
2- You have to also make sure the person was indeed friendly to you and your family or friends.

Wage for Waiter:
  • Salary by Resturant Owner (Usually fixed rate , very low).
  • Supplimented by Tip , which is refelection of customer Service by your waiter

The system works for the Resturant Owner as the waiters are extremely helpful and friendly to the customer's wishes and care. And Customers in return get enjoyable meal

• Buffet = No Tips are issued

• If anyone has issue with Tip , there is always McDonolds pick up service or you can pick up our meal making pre planned arrangements.

General Tip in Customer Service Environment, Resturants , or Hotel Baggage or service etc or Drivers is good practice it ensures the wealthy also distrubute some wealth to other folks

tumblr_mlh5ckFcze1r7nckko3_500.jpg

Always remember , the place you go eat , appreciates your business and they are super happy to see you there , and by giving back a little you are just saying Thank you for their hospitality

So don't cheap out on tips is what I am saying

Last edited:
Doorman, and delivery persons, I have NEVER heard of in my life. I've never tipped a delivery person, or a doorman. Nor do I see anyone talk about it.

Taxis? lol... take an Uber. If anything, you're getting discounts now thanks to Uber, Lyft, Sidecar, etc. I never pay more than $1-$2 for cabs. They just need to get you to your destination.

I have seen americans around me tip doormen and delivery boys and the only ones I did not tip were the south asian chaps (and also the east asian heritage folks). Hispanics, blacks and whites I would tip. I later felt so ashamed of my double standard that I started tipping irrespective of race.

Taxi tipping of 15% in major cities is the norm. I did not use Uber much initially since I was reluctant to use a credit card but yes, the benefit of no-tips with Uber is worth it.

Service charge is different than the tip u give to waiters.... have u ever seen the resturant bill? alwahys mentions services charges exluding the price of food.

Nope, no service charges on the bill at the big restaurants in the karachi i've been to. Thats why I give the tip.

I don't tip if I see that service charge thing, shit's overpriced anyway, the fancier the place, the more overpriced shit gets.

I leave a 10-12% round figure thing if there's no service charge.

only tip i ever gave in pakistan is i tell them buy toyota as its the best :D

Back
Top Bottom