What's new

Tibetan monk burns himself to death in protest against Chinese rule

Simple question... Did he cause any physical harm to anyone or damage to any property or you are happy for his death because is just created a dent to the Chinese pride?

Please note to my words:
eparatists do not deserve our sympathy.

I did not say that monks is not deserve our sympathy.

Unless he is a separatist. If he is a separatist, I do not sympathize with him. Because of his actions hurt all Chinese people, he is a traitor.

Please note to my words:
I did not say that Lama is not deserve our sympathy.
Unless he is a separatist. If he is a separatist, I do not sympathize with him. Because of his actions hurt all Chinese people, he is a traitor.

You can't expect to keep everyone happy in a nation of 1.4 billion, can you. That does not mean that you label everyone as a traitor and wish for their death.

My point being that it is an unfortunate event that the peaceful monks have to give away their lives and more so I am infuriated at the expression of congratulatory remarks and jibes at such an unfortunate incident.

The Chinese government did not dose him in gasoline and light him on fire. He did. His death, while unfortunate, was self-brought. He has no one to blame but himself.

I generally have no sympathy for any Tibetan monks. They are somewhat akin to leeches in areas with large number to Tibetans. Monks make their living through two sources of income, government grants and private donations. Since they don't pay taxes, they contribute next to nothing for the region. Yet they are always the ones leading the mobs during social unrests.

The sooner they fade into history, the better it is for Tibet and the economy.

I always say that just because you are a monk, does not mean you somehow have the right to be fed and taken care of by others automatically.

Infact, monks should contribute to society either through their public work or religious service they provide - because other people actually paid for your food, living expenses and accommodations. They paid for your enlightenment or what you were out to persue.

Mentioning again - The deepest hells in buddhism are reserved for religious fakers and monks who were simply wanting to do nothing and live off people's donations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom