What's new

Tibet refugee crossings slows

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The most likely reason for Tibetan not crossing illegally to see Dalai is because standards of living in China improve, not because of crackdown.

China’s crackdown slows Tibetan refugee crossings to freedom in India - The Washington Post

Once, more than 2,000 Tibetans a year made the dangerous crossing from China through Nepal to Dharmsala, the small town in India that is headquarters of the Tibetan government in exile and its spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.

But that number has fallen dramatically in the past six years, with only about 100 arriving so far this year. Refugees have fled the high Himalayan plateau since the Chinese took control more than a half-century ago, and the 3 million or so who remained have endured forcible relocations, restrictions on Buddhist worship and, in some cases, torture and arrest. Those who have escaped China describe increased restrictions on movement, more surveillance and a rising climate of fear.

Dharmsala,India

2015_3$largeimg24_Mar_2015_002905173.jpg

img_2467.jpg

a-sacred-cow-stands-near-the-local-garbage-dump-in-dharamsala-india-A8K7HB.jpg

him2.jpg

himplus1.jpg

him6.jpg

himplus5.jpg

Photo%252520Apr%2525206%25252C%2525202012%2525209%25253A22%252520PM.jpg

This picture is quite charming. But the others ... :bad:

I think it is just a reflection of the contrast of lives in India
"Do as the Romans do" for the new comers

One thing, among others, that is different between Tibet and Dharamshala is in the latter, they have organised many beauty pageant events there

misstibet2010_thumb.jpg

Four contestants for Miss Tibet 2010 crown to be held at Dharamshala

Dharamsala to host second Miss Tibet beauty pageant - www.phayul.com
http://www.andhranews.net/snapfish/India/2007/October/13-Tibetan-beauty-pageant-18877.asp
Miss Tibet-2009 beauty pageant commences in Dharamsala
First Himalayan beauty pageant held in Dharamsala , AniNews.in

They have also built a cricket ground in the mountains
I wonder how many monks are interested in it other than using the venue for the Indians to advance their own political agenda

india-2.jpg

20120402-111016.jpg

monks-cricket.jpg

and of course it is home to the Dalai's HQ

1420288.jpg

1378516.jpg

1378515.jpg

images

China Art-print Painting

Last edited:
The dirty city of India are Hindu land. The Sino-Tibetan cities like Imphal, Gantok, Leh are cleaner than Hindu one. The communist land like Kolkata are reasonably clean as well, despite all these places are less developed than many Hindu land.

The communist party keep the streets clean by murdering all the cows. The Hindu fume.

cow2.jpg
Do Tibetans in India eat beef?
I love Tibetan beef hotpot.
屏幕快照 2015-04-01 11.30.10.png
屏幕快照 2015-04-01 11.48.01.png

I wonder if or not the Indian govt treat our Tibetan bros equally in the Dharamshala? How is the human rights situation there? Have they got citizenship? What's their main revenge and income sources? Can they travel freely to whole India and settle anywhere in India? How are their education and career situation?

I have so many question marks, who knows the details? Can give me some information? Thanks in advance.

Tibetan villages in Tibet are generally clean....They have really "adapted" to India.

There may be something we can do about it if the situation with Dalai Lama is not a thorny issue and that is also why the AIIB comes about

AIIB is not only for China as many of members have said.

The Bank is set up also to help finance many of our competing countries like Vietnam, India et al in upgrading their living standards and industrial strengths ...thus improving their own competitiveness per se!

In addition, some of the infrastructure projects can easily be awarded to Japan, S Korea, UK, Germany ...etc due to political reasons

images

Jingdezhen handpainted overglaze
porcelain vase

Lhasha, Tibet China

The Majestic Potala Palace

Tibet_Lhasa_Potala_Palace.jpg

lasa3.jpg

lasa4.jpg

xin_562030618155373453594.jpg

lhassa.jpg

the_barkhor_lhassa.jpg

001ec94a27150f1b724c2d.jpg