What's new

Third Iranian climber confirmed dead in Pakistan's Karakorum

Serpentine

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
SKARDU: A team of international rescue experts here on Tuesday confirmed the death of the third Iranian climber at a height of 7,800 metres on the Broad Peak.

About six days back, three Iranian climbers were descending after conquering the peak in the Karakorum Range when one of them fell into a crevasse.

Another went missing and the third got stranded at camp III.

Attempts made by helicopters to reach the stranded Iranian failed due to bad weather.

After visiting the base camp, the international rescue team led by Mr Thomas from Germany told the media here on Tuesday that survival of human being at the height of above seven thousand metre after three to four days was impossible.

It is now six days since the three Iranian climbers went missing, Mr Thomas said, adding: “The death of the Iranian climbers is confirmed.”

Taqi Sadiqi, an Iranian diplomat, said more Iranian climbers would be coming to Pakistan to follow the new route introduced by the Iranian climbers on the Broad Peak.—Farman Ali Baltistani

Third Iranian confirmed dead - DAWN.COM

May they rest in peace, it was a rough couple of days for their families and many people.
I still hope if there's slightest chance to save one of them at least.

995437_298429300303464_509857859_n.jpg

1016377_297269013752826_1335891435_n.jpg

1016833_590993830951652_1372781193_n.jpg

Innallahi wa inna aleyhi Rajeoun.

RIP to the Brave Souls.

I wish there is a private company that issues GPS transmitters to these climbers so they can be located on a timely basis if and when they get in trouble. That should not be so difficult with today's technology.

Horrible tragedy, we lost a brother from a brother country

He should be repatriated honorably. I think we should erect a wall with the names of all fallen climbers. Very saught after but treacherous terrain.

Innallahi wa inna aleyhi Rajeoun.

RIP to the Brave Souls.

I wish there is a private company that issues GPS transmitters to these climbers so they can be located on a timely basis if and when they get in trouble. That should not be so difficult with today's technology.

Even with a GPS bad weather conditions can hamper rescue/recovery efforts

I've always wondered how that reflective material on ski gear works....though a GPS tracker would be a better foolproof safety measure.

Back
Top Bottom