There are no true black holes: Scientist Abhas Mitra

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

There are no true black holes: Scientist Abhas Mitra

image.jpeg

Astrophysicist Abhas Mitra's theory on black holes is again the news after NASA announced that two of its space telescopes have caught a massive burst of X-ray from a super-massive black hole. Excerpts from an interview with TOI.

Some reports say NASA has confirmed your idea that the so-called black holes are balls of fire. But you say that's not exactly ...

Yes. The NASA report does not mention my research and admits that `Black Holes are not Black Holes'. But the NASA research certainly bolsters my findings because eruption of corona from a black hole is not understood, as admitted in the NASA report. On the other hand, it gets most naturally explained by the MECO paradigm by which the socalled black holes are balls of ultra-magnetized fire (plasma) -something like the Sun.

What is a black hole?

An ideal black hole is just a "point mass'' and then it's all vacuum. Yet it has an imaginary boundary, called 'Event Horizon' from which, by definition, even light cannot escape.

Have astronomers discovered thousands of black holes in the cosmos?

Astronomers have certainly discovered thousands of massive compact objects, which are considered as black hole candidates. In a strict sense, no one can detect a black hole as "not even light can escape" from it.

Then what is your take on such objects which are called black holes?

They are at the best quasi-black holes. My research (Journal Mathematical Physics, 2009) has shown that true black holes have zero (gravitational mass) which means their positive mass-energy is neutralized by negative gravitational interaction energy . Thus no massive body can be a true black hole. In addition, my parallel research has independently corroborated this fact that true black holes have M=0! And such M=0 black holes can form only asymptotically, implying they never quite form. And only approximate and quasi-black holes can be formed.

49966474.cms

What does your research say about the NASA observation?

My research has shown that there cannot be any true black hole. It is just a point and all vacuum with an imaginary boundary Event Horizon from which even light cannot escape. So if the corona (charged particles) have been inferred to be ejected from Black Hole, it means it is not a true Black Hole as claimed in 15 peer reviewed papers by me and collaborators. We also showed that as a star would get hotter and hotter during Black Hole formation, there will be a stage when the radiation pressure of the star material would counter the pull of gravity.

This is a quasi-static state and the hot star material would be plasma.

Please say something about your collaborators...

Along with American collaborators Darryl Leiter (University of Virgina, now deceased), Stanley Robertson (South Okalohoma State University), Norman Glendenning (Lawrence Berkeley Labo ratory) and Rudy Schild (Harvard University), we have shown that these so-called black holes are not exactly black holes.

What's your take on Stephen Hawking?

Hawking has been trying to resolve Black Hole Information Paradox (created by himself in 1976).

Failing to do so, from 2004, he has been making noises that "there may not be exact EH" (2004), and "there cannot be any true black hole " (2014) from some vague Quantum Gravity argument which nobody understands, not even those who believe in black holes . In contrast, my proof is exact, comple te and supported by observations, and based on simple general relativity, no unspecified quantum gravity nonsense.

Why do you think so many want to keep the black-hole theory alive?

Many Nobel laureates too have been struggling to resolve this paradox, but they want to keep black holes alive. Nobody wants to kill the goose, which has been laying golden eggs. In contrast, only my research resolves it meaningfully , by showing there is no black hole, no EH. Hence, there is no paradox in the first place. You see, black hole is one of the biggest physics paradigms for almost 100 years with thousands of celebrity professors, researchers, Nobel Laureates having personal stake. Who would like to set their own Lanka on fire?

Are you upsetting the applecart?

Exactly, if my papers were wrong, they would have torn me apart and feasted like vultures on me.

Many Indian academicians desire that may be some day somebody from the West would do that and they would be relieved of their moral guilt of ignoring me.

Have you got any support from Kolkata?

Not really. I had gone to show my work to leading Indian physicist Prof P C Vaidya. I still have a letter from him about my work. Science is global.

Several American astrophysicists have closely interacted with me since 2000. There was even Harvard University Press Release confirming my prediction that so-call BH in a quasar might be MECO (2006). Very rarely, an absolutely home-grown Indian research in Science has become topic for press release abroad. So Kolkata or Bengal cannot be a parameter for my research.

You seem upset that you haven't got your due.

I feel we have becomes intellectual slaves after Independence. This is a sociological problem. We are still scared of thinking big. We always want to tag our work with other foreign scholars without giving our own people the due!

@thesolar65 @jamahir @Rain Man

He needs to leave India and join some foreign institute, then only he will get his due attention and resources to complete his work.

In Bengali we have a saying: "Geyon jogi bhikh pay na", literally it means in Hindi: "Gaon ki yogi ko bhikh nehi milta", it is something similar to the saying: "Ghar ki murgi daal barabar".

Back
Top Bottom