What's new

The Yazidi Culture is Very Similar to a Hindu Sect (Ancient Hindu Lost Tribe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PakistaniandProud

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Only 7,00,000 or so Yazidis remain on the planet today and most of them are in the northern provinces of Iraq near Kurdistan. 1000s have died already this year.

The world is watching this extremely rare race. #SaveYazidis cry on the social media.

While researching into who these Yazidi people are, I stumbled upon some unmistakable similarity with Hindus of India. Two hours back, I didn't know much, but after putting these side by side, I am almost getting convinced that these Yazidis are a lost tribe linked to ancient Hindus of India. The overlapping features are clearly not some coincidences that you will find among pre-Abrahamic religions of the world.

Yazidis kiss a peacock shaped lamp.
Hindus light a peacock shaped lamp.

Yazidis temples have pyramid shaped gopura just like Hindu temples.

Yazidis symbol is a wing spread peacock, just like Hindu god Shiva's son, Subrahmanya's mount. The most important point to note is that peacock, the national bird of India, is a native of south and south east Asia or Africa. Not found in the area of Iraq or Syria at all.

Yazidi mural on wall of their holy Lalish temple is unmistakably Hindu. You can see saree, which is an unofficial national dress of India.

Yazidi temple at Lalish has snake symbol at the entrance. You won't find this among other tribes of Arabia or Mesopotamia. For Hindus, Subrahmanya is the other avatara of snakes and worshiped very closely for all snake related pujas like Naga Panchami.

Yellow sun Yazidi symbol 21 rays.
Number 21 is sacred to Hindus (Ganesha). Offerings are in 21 count like Modaka (sweet).

Yazidi marry within their castes like Murids, Sheikhs and Pirs.
Hindus marry within castes. Yazidis could have something like Gotra system (researching).

Any Hindu with even basic understanding of aarti plate, will see Yazidis as their own.

Yazidis believe in continuous rebirth and reincarnation.
Same as Hindu Punar Janma concept.

Yazidis do not circumcise, a very rare thing in the middle east.
Hindus do not circumcise.

Yazidis pray with folded hands. Hindus pray very similarly to their Gods and Goddesses.
Yazidis pray at sun rise and sun set, just like Hindus. Both face the rising or setting sun when praying to sun.

Yazidis have a symbol similar to Bindi or Tilak during temple prayer, very similar to Hindu forehead custom.

For big celebrations, lighting lamp by females common to both Yazidis and Hindus.

Last edited:

Yazidis men worship Melek Taus by lighting fire in temples.
Hindus' do similar fire based worship to their Gods, with high regard for agni the fire.

As I read and browse, there are more similarities popping up. The trident (Shiva's trishula), the vessels used during worship (kalasha), the sound (something like dhol and shankha), sun worship methods and much more..

I am convinced that they ARE deeply connected to ancient Hindu civilization. Whether through Zoroastrian connection in Persia (today's Iran) or directly via migration, has to be researched. If you find credible sources, please share them in the comments.

Last edited:
Interesting. :tup:

Pagans have similarities the world over IMO. :enjoy:

In any case, somehow @al-Hasani found this thread deeply offensive that he had to report it! :o:
@Chak Bamu - Please either relocate this thread to a better section or do something that you believe is necessary. :agree:

i also posted the same but my thread was bloked lets see how much long this one survives

https://defence.pk/threads/save-ancient-branch-of-hin

10367800_715560588517910_1175977724327897858_n.jpg

save hindu yazidis=Here are some of the rituals practised by Yezidis which is followed only by hindus which proves their indian origin :-
1. The Peacock(Malak Ta'us) which they worship is only found in india,and is known as the angel of Lord Subramanya(Son of lord shiva and parvathi)
2. They still do surya vandhanam(worship to sun god) and agnihotra rituals
3. They blow counch and beat dholaks(exclusive to indians)
4. They have strict Gotra rules which are followed till date
5. They by TheTorntvs V10" style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 16.639999389648438px; text-decoration: underline !important; border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; float: none !important; height: auto !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important;">APPLY holy thilak on their foreheads.
6. They worship multi-armed Yazidi gods,multi armed gods are only found in hindu tradition
7. They hang a string of leaves across the doors of their houses on auspicious days.
8. The Yezidi New Year, known as Sere Sal, meaning “Head of the Year”, is celebrated on a particular Wednesday of April, known as Red Wednesday(South Indians also celebrate new year in april
9. The Yezidis’ belief in reincarnation is one of the remaining vestiges of their original homeland of India. Yezidis believe that they will continue to reincarnate until they achieve a certain level of soul purity(concept of Moksha)
Yazidis honour Shukracharya. Shukracharya was advisor to King Mahabali of Kerala when Lord Vishnu came as Vamana avatar . Parsis ( Zoroastrians ) also worship Shukracharya as god AHURA MAZDA
The main pilgrim for yazidis is a PAZHANI temple located in Tamil nadu,India whose diety is Lord Subramanya and miss they cannot pronounce 'ZH'.
tHESE yEZIDIS TODAY FACE DEATH AT THE HAND OF ISIS .. please save yezidi hindus

Source: Save ancient branch of hindus = Yazidies

yazidis are ethnically closest to kurds or people of kalash valley maybe. their religion is an offshoot of zoroastrianism.

from the horses mouth

Iraq crisis: The Yazidi - a persecuted people driven to the edge - Middle East - World - The Independent
140821-yazidis-jsw-1011a_08db11a38624e65ff74bef099aabb260.jpg

Followers of a pre-Islamic, pre-Christian religion with similarities to Zoroastrianism, the Yazidi consider themselves the first true natives of Kurdistan, says Mamou Othman, director of the European Studies Centre at the University of Duhok and a prominent member of the Yazidi community.

"Nobody is connected to the country like the Yazidi; all our rituals are here, our main shrine is here. That's why the Yazidi believes he is part of this soil, this earth."

Baba Chawish is a Yazidi monk and second-in-command to the religious leader, Baba Sheikh. Tall and distinguished, wearing traditional long white robes and a turban, he's standing at the entrance to the temple, waiting to greet a representative of Germany's Yazidi diaspora who has promised to help provide humanitarian assistance for the 2,500 refugees living in the temple.

"If there's no security, how can we tell them to stay? If there's no security, I'll be the first to leave," he says. "But Kurdistan is our home: our temple is here, our life is here; this is where the Yazidi were first created. When the Yazidi leave their homes, it's bad for them and bad for our religion. Our religion is not there."

so no theyre not hindu. from what angle these people look hindu?

ya-2.jpg

article-2721043-206B6AD200000578-881_964x693.jpg

IMG_0879-500.jpg

@Surenas

I have already closed a similar thread because experts see NO connection between Yazidis and Hindus. I quoted a source who is a friend of mine and has visited Yazidis.

If you want to find similarities, feel free to lump Druze with Hindus as well, since despite their claim to be Muslims, they have some doctrinal similarities with Hinduism.

Some Hindus already claim Kaaba in Makkah to be a Hindu temple.

@PakistaniandProud , you need to find a bit about P. N. Oak and read up his theories. If he were alive, he would give you a medal for launching this non-sensical thread.

Druze emerged by following a person who claimed prophethood a few centuries ago. Similarly there is a theory (less robust perhaps than the Zoroastrian connection) that links Yazidis with a way-ward sufi sect. Yazidis themselves have never claimed any Hindu connection. They are actually very secretive and do not allow non-Yazidis to visit their temples.

Some Hindus who assert that India is mother of all civilization, and that Indians are the progenitors of Aryan race will be very happy at this.

All the connections that you see are similarities of Pagan cultural practices and a Peacock motif.

I will again share what my friend Theo Horesh has to say - and he knows more than most here about ME matters, and Yazidis too.

Has anyone of you actually seen and met up with Yazidis? I think not. And that is why your opinions are mere speculations.

Here goes: Life After Genocide with Yazidi Refugees. ~ Theo Horesh | elephant journal
"The Yazidis call themselves a minority of the minority Kurds. Their religion precedes Islam to which other Kurds converted shortly after it began. Yet, the Yazidis held firm to their faith, whose roots lie in Zoroastrianism."

Now whoever wishes to make a case needs to prove that Kurds originated from India. Some fools might actually attempt this. But I think it is not worth our time to debunk obvious lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom