No. 7: Mumbai, India
No. 6: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
No. 5: Mexico City, Mexico
No. 4: Port au Prince, Haiti
No. 3: Antananarivo, Madagascar
No. 2: Dhaka, Bangladesh
No. 1: Baku, Azerbaijan

:D:D

Mexico city=No 5 ? thats pretty shocking, i was there around 10 years ago, i stay for a week, things were ok from my memory....

#14 Moscow is dirtier than New Delhi, I dint know tat, thanks for the info..

1- mumbai is at 7th place because of dharavi slum city. it is one of the biggest slum city of world. but state government already started redevelopment on dharavi. and expected to renovation work completed with in 4-5 years. however rest of city is pretty good, clean, and well structured.
2-new delhi is hosting cwg 2010.construction work is going on entire city. construction work will be completed by oct. 2010. than all of you welcome for cwg 2010.

http://www.livemint.com/2010/03/23000503/Harvard-students-get-lessons-o.html

dharavi,mumbai
dharavi-mumbai-inde-2.jpg

Last edited:
TBH I expected Mumbai there, but there are other cities much dirtier than Delhi and Mumbai.

Certainly didn't expect Moscow.

The list is BS.

hahaha lol @ baku
where is the Azerbaijani dude that was saying Baku is like a European city!!!

easy boy, just report what you don't find appropriate. Don't reply or else it turns to war.

He keeps taking unnecessary pot shots, you will notice that all conversation he goes into are inane and offensive.

Anyway, in Pakistan there are currently many projects to clean cities, here are some pics and a recent article.

A call for Zimmedari

Armed with garbage bags, masks and plastic gloves, the Zimmedar Shehris met up to clean a small area of Boat Basin on Sunday in Karachi, hoping to take their mission forward in other areas of the city and the country.

When asked about the selection of the location, one of the vice-presidents of the group replied, “we have to start from somewhere and we are a group of friends from Lahore who don’t know much of Karachi, so we thought we should start with an area at the major food street of the city.”

It was an experience on its own to see young people joining hands together for the betterment of the city. Groups were excited and competing with each other over filling up the most garbage bags.

Formed just over a year ago, the group is a brain-child of five friends from Lahore who believe in standing up and taking a challenge. They said the blame game has to stop somewhere and “we as Pakistani citizens should make it happen and take responsibility.”

The five stood up in their own small way by cleaning up their neighbourhood in Gulberg, Lahore as they felt that charity should always begin at home.

The first “take up trash” initiative was scheduled for April 25, 2010 at Icharaa in Lahore. In the following week the group plans to go to Raja Bazaar in Rawalpindi and then end their drive with the last clean up event again in Lahore. – Eefa Khalid / Dawn.com

Be in your limit kid, no need to personally attack a member and using bad language.

Yes,i have been to pakistan for a marriage, what make you feel that i don't.

I have not use any bad language and only given my opinion and i have right to have a opinion.

It's not compulsory that u agree with mine or i agree with u.

You stay in your limits kid, beggar like you derail threads, I have told you before, people like you are not welcome here. Get lost.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

ha.. blah blah blah... who said barking dogs seldom bite...

Why are you calling yourself a dog.

would fighting like this solve the problem?? stop it kids

Before dumping responsibility on govt, tell me how many of you throw garbage, bottles, packets into garbage bin when u r outside your home, if you dont use garbage bin, you have no right to voice your opinion

TBH I expected Mumbai there, but there are other cities much dirtier than Delhi and Mumbai.

Certainly didn't expect Moscow.

The list is BS.

it's not you guys are only thinking "dirty" means trash and slums in the street it takes into consideration a variety of different things like destruction to natural environment , air quality,disposal of waste etc baku/almaty and moscow are high coz of the oil and industries even though they're cleaner and more developed than any city in south asia they are overall dirtier.
btw mods plz close this thread another flamebait :hitwall:

Last edited:
Here is another initiative to clean Lahore and hopefully more from there.

Lahorites to launch ‘Tidy Lahore’ campaign

Lahore—Hundreds of people from across Lahore will take to the streets over the next four weeks in one of the largest ever coordinated efforts to clean up the streets and neighbourhoods of the city.

The ‘Tidy Lahore’ campaign, part of the larger Azm-e-Alishan movement was launched to coincide with Earth Day, the annual day of action that seeks to raise awareness about environmental concerns.

30 mohallas have already signed up to the initiative that will see a series of organised cleaning teams moving through the city over the next four weeks. The teams will spend the entire day in a mohalla, physically cleaning the streets and collecting and disposing of waste, before moving to the next district on the following day. They will be lead by representatives of the new Azme Alishan campaign and joined by local volunteers and neighborhood committees who have been signed up by the organisers over the past few weeks.

With at least 30 mohallas and hundreds of people involved in the effort, the team behind the initiative believes it will be the largest ever campaign of its kind in the city.

Sajjad Mir, one of the organisers, commented: “Earth Day reminds us that we are all responsible for the world we live in. It’s not something that belongs to governments or big business, but to us, the people. We wanted to launch this initiative today to send a clear message to our brothers and sisters across Lahore: that this is a great city of which we are all proud, and we should all do something to help make it even better.

“I always hear people complaining about the state of some of the streets and neighborhoods in the city. Well let’s stop complaining and start doing something about it. This may seem like a small thing, but if we all put in a little bit of effort we can make Lahore better.”

The clean streets campaign kicks-off on Monday 26th when the first cleaning team hits the streets. It will run for a month initially, but the organizers hope Lahoris will commit to continuing the programme beyond that.

Sajjad Mir continued: “This campaign aims to do two things, to physically clean up our city and to encourage Lahoris to commit to keeping it clean for the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom