What's new

The world Highest bridge

There is something that aesthetically unsatisfying about this bridge. In its setting, it is an ugly blot upon the landscape. I might expect this from technology-proud yet culture-poor Americans of a century ago but not from Chinese. Perhaps a sign that China has changed and in some ways not for better.

There is something that aesthetically unsatisfying about this bridge. In its setting, it is an ugly blot upon the landscape. I might expect this from technology-proud yet culture-poor Americans of a century ago but not from Chinese. Perhaps a sign that China has changed and in some ways not for better.

No nothing is wrong with China... the problem is with your indian genes.

No nothing is wrong with China... the problem is with your indian genes.
It seems difficult for you to accept I'm an American. Nevertheless, let me ask you: if this bridge were in Pakistan would you be happy with it? Wouldn't there be one or two aesthetic changes you'd like to make about it?

Why do I care what the Chinese think? Because exactly the opposite of Americans, Chinese are the product of a culture going back at least four millennia. I'd expect that to build something like this, incongruous with all tradition, is a greater culture shock then Mao ever envisioned in his Great Leap Forward or Cultural Revolution. Either it indicates a great acceptance of massive change by the Chinese or else it stirs up a backlash against such things. And remember, when China gets angry, we all feel the heat...

We will be proud until we can technologically achieve something that the Americans can never achieve.

I don't see anything that needs to be aesthetic about a bridge in the middle of nowhere. A bridge to me has to be functional at best... as long as it provides the required connectivity and ease of use for the drivers, it serves its purpose. It doesn't need to be "touristy".

Is this the same bridge which used rockets to send the cables across the gorge? Very innovative indeed. Pic below:
siduhe_bridge02.jpg

I don't see anything aesthetic about a bridge in the middle of nowhere. A bridge to me has to be functional at best... as long as it provides the required connectivity and ease of use for the drivers, it serves its purpose. It doesn't need to be "touristy".
That's your cultural value and personal view. I'm more interested in what the Chinese and Pakistanis think.

Is this the same bridge which used rockets to send the cables across the gorge? Very innovative indeed.
In other countries including the U.S. kites have been used to begin stringing such cables. Rockets have long been used to shoot lines from boats. It all seems like a natural progression, not something particularly innovative.

Is this the same bridge which used rockets to send the cables across the gorge? Very innovative indeed.

In other countries including the U.S. kites have been used to begin stringing such cables. Rockets have long been used to shoot lines from boats. It all seems like a natural progression, not something particularly innovative.
any links or pictures?please!

I got the information from wikipedia.Si Du River Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first part of the suspension cable installed, a rope known as the pilot cable, was the first-ever to be placed using a rocket. Conditions at the bridge's location would not allow the use of boats or helicopters, which have previously been used to string the first cable. The rockets carried the pilot cables across on October 6, 2006 and resulted in time and cost savings.

That's your cultural value and personal view. I'm more interested in what the Chinese and Pakistanis think.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

These cables would be too heavy for kites. Unless you are talking about maybe a blimp.

These cables would be too heavy for kites. Unless you are talking about maybe a blimp.
No, the cables supporting bridges are multiply-strung and actually weigh thousands of tons total. But the FIRST line to cross a river is just a light line, which can then be used to pull across a heavier line, which can then pull over an even heavier one, and so on. Finally you can pull across steel cable and thus the suspension lines can start going up.

any links or pictures?please!
Here's a "kite" story for you: link.

Guys Pakistan doesn't have IndiaPhobia...actually indians are obsessed with Pakistan....last time i read in news..they caught pigeon and claimed it was trained by ISI and wes being interrogated in an air conditioned room....this is the height of obsession they have with us.

Pak 'spy' pigeon caught on border, police suspect ISI hand - Express India

its the same obsession which the egyptians had with Israelis, once a shark attacked a few tourists in sharm-ul-shiekh...a egyptian minister claimed that it was probably sent by mossad..lol

Egyptian Official: Israel Could Be Behind Deadly Shark Attack - FoxNews.com

This shows what fear can an intelligence agency create in the minds of the nation....as u know there were 2 recent incidents related to ISI and India.

1) Indian diplomat working in Islamabad was working for ISI.

2) an Indian colonel was sending military battle plan presentations to a Pak IP address...Americans informed the indians about this and they arrested him...the indians claim there is a big ISI spy ring in the indian army

All of the above are indian sources/links

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom