What's new

The whole truth — nuclear Pakistan

Meesna

Reaction score
by Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood (SI)

I have been associated with Pakistan’s nuclear programme and the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission since 1963 and therefore I have firsthand knowledge of the various phases of the country’s nuclear quest. However the sensitive nature of the subject requires that we should be very careful while talking about it. This is what the (late) Chairman PAEC Munir Ahmad Khan impressed upon all his team members. If some self-glorified scientists/engineers have succeeded to reduce his image to the status of a villain, it is due to his modesty and not advertising his achievements in his lifetime. By awarding the posthumous Nishan-i-Imtiaz thirteen years after his death, the president has done no favour to him but has only corrected a wrong.

The whole truth

Pakistan became a nuclear power due to the dedicated efforts of a large team of scientists, engineers and technicians who participated in this sacred endeavour for several decades. The nuclear programme enjoyed complete support of the people, the armed forces and the politicians. There is no single hero of this success story. It has been a great national effort and if credit goes to anybody it goes to the people of Pakistan who sacrificed so much in the shape of sanctions for the success of the programme. Let’s not fight for mundane rewards and belittle each others efforts. If some energy is still left in us, it should be spent only in the service of Pakistan — our Pakistan.

Very well said indeed.

by Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood (SI)

The whole truth

It is below one's standard to write articles like this.
however all clues, starting from Dr Khan's apology speech, to his severe critique of Dr Samar, to his critique on political figures and his well known tussle with PAEC point to a rather obvious deficiency.

Water under the bridge. What is gone is gone.

however one might wonder, where Pakistan might have been had Dr NOT been a part of our program ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom