What's new

The US Has Already Lost The Afghanistan War

No need to get emotional, this is what happens in war. Are you just born or what?

If you want to blame someone for all these emotional scenes then you should blame Taliban who started all this by doing 9/11. And if you're gonna say that 9/11 was not done by Taliban then don't bother to reply.
Well there is no need to be idiotic, there many Americans who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy.
There many reputable public figures who believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

The Fahrenheit 9/11 movie, also suggested there may have been ulterior motives behind the Afghanistan War which included a natural gas pipeline to the Indian Ocean.

Well there is no need to be idiotic, there many Americans who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy.
There many reputable public figures who believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

The Fahrenheit 9/11 movie, also suggested there may have been ulterior motives behind the Afghanistan War which included a natural gas pipeline to the Indian Ocean.

I knew that you're gonna come up with some conspiracy theories or propagandas.

Many in the world believe that it was done by AQ, many suggested that it was done by AQ. Now what?

You're from Pakistan!

I knew that you're gonna come up with some conspiracy theories or propagandas.

Many in the world believe that it was done by AQ, many suggested that it was done by AQ. Now what?

You're from Pakistan!

Saying that some arabs did 9/11 from Saudi Arabia, is a conspiracy itself. check the meaning of conspiracy.

So what if I'm from Pakistan?

By the look of things, America and NATO are going to leave Afghanistan with nothing accomplished.

Saying that some arabs did 9/11 from Saudi Arabia, is a conspiracy itself. check the meaning of conspiracy.

Yes sir, yes sir... everything is a conspiracy. Happy?

Hillary Clinton also said some time back that Pakistanis should avoid thinking so many conspiracy theories, but anyways... you can go on with these theories.

Let's say for the sake of argument, some extremist idoits did 9/11, even though there are people who disagree with you,

What has USA accomplished in Afghanistan? It has accomplished NOTHING!
They have failed, and most Americans want their troops out of Afghanistan.

And when the Americans leave, China and Russia will probably form a bloc along with Central Asia.
That will probably be the end of western hegemony.

I fail to see where we have failed. Our people want us back because they don't understand the depth of the situation. They care for the well-being of the soldiers more so than any geo-political turmoil that can occur without our presence. We turned our attention away when the Soviets retreated from the region. Never again.

I fail to see where we have failed. Our people want us back because they don't understand the depth of the situation. They care for the well-being of the soldiers more so than any geo-political turmoil that can occur without our presence. We turned our attention away when the Soviets retreated from the region. Never again.

Refer to my posts earlier in the thread, they might help you see the other side of the coin.

Maybe you didn't read the rest of my post. Hold the land till the Afghans were able to hold it and guard it themselves. Hold it till they were able enough to face the Taliban themselves. The US did not go into Afghanistan just to drive the Talibs away from Kabul but to create an environment where they would not be able to sustain and flourish and come back into the power. As of today, the Talibans have not been defeated but are being negotiated with and you still think that you won the war. Silly you.

You do not realize the ground realities in Afghanistan because you are currently in Karachi, and probably under curfew at that. All I want to say is, that the original leadership and foot soldiers by and large, of the Taliban that held Kabul prior to late 2001, have been largely decimated or captured. What ensued in Afghanistan was an insurgency by Taliban-loyalist tribes and stronghold areas who continued fighting for their lost comrades. They have little to do with Al Qaeda or Osama, and now that Osama and Al Qaeda are largely disrupted, the Taliban are actually a new entity, because they had always harboured Al Qaeda with the main purpose of drawing out the US into their battlefields. We kicked them all over the sand in their favourite spots and replaced their uncles with young nephews, and they have continued to become a nuisance by adopting tactics like suicide bombing. You knowingly condone suicide bombing because of your anti ISAF and anti-Progress rants.

Hopefully this war leads US breaking up into 20 pieces. Most likely it will. I say by 2020.

Hopefully this war leads US breaking up into 20 pieces. Most likely it will. I say by 2020.

Lol....impossible. How would that happen? Maybe send a force of 500 immortal and well fed Taliban warriors on a boat to the Eastern seaboard, armed with dried fruit and RPG's?

Nato is leaving by 2014; they have lost the war.

The Taliban just have to check in at a holiday camp for a couple of years and come back and pick up the champions cup.

Of course there will be this pantomine of 'Afghanising' the war and letting the 'Afghans' provide their own security.

Karzai and his muppets wont last two weeks without nato, no matter how many arms they are given.

You do not realize the ground realities in Afghanistan because you are currently in Karachi, and probably under curfew at that. All I want to say is, that the original leadership and foot soldiers by and large, of the Taliban that held Kabul prior to late 2001, have been largely decimated or captured. What ensued in Afghanistan was an insurgency by Taliban-loyalist tribes and stronghold areas who continued fighting for their lost comrades. They have little to do with Al Qaeda or Osama, and now that Osama and Al Qaeda are largely disrupted, the Taliban are actually a new entity, because they had always harboured Al Qaeda with the main purpose of drawing out the US into their battlefields. We kicked them all over the sand in their favourite spots and replaced their uncles with young nephews, and they have continued to become a nuisance by adopting tactics like suicide bombing. You knowingly condone suicide bombing because of your anti ISAF and anti-Progress rants.

Anti-ISAF and anti-progress? no, anti-bullshit?, probably yes. I fail to understand how you can be more in touch with the ground realities in Afghanistan while sitting all the way in Canada ? My geographical location puts me in a much favorable position to understand and gauge the situation in Afghanistan especially when I have visited the country twice after the ISAF took over the reins.

Now lemme tell you what the ground reality really is: The US military strategy did not allow it enough leverage to enforce a favorable political settlement over the Taliban, that's the reality. The Taliban are negotiating from a position of strength, that's a reality as well. The local populace is getting increasingly agitated and anti ISAF/US, that too is the reality and that the country of Afghanistan is not any safer from the threat of Taliban than it was when the first American boots landed there is also a sad reality. As someone pointed, you might have won some tactical battles here and there but in the midst of all that, you lost track of the bigger picture. The bigger picture was to deny the militants the necessary infrastructure and environment in Afghanistan which will give them the ability to launch future attacks on US and its allies. As things stand today, that objective has been long lost and now all Mullen does is inform us about the killers of Saleem Shahzad by using his mystic powers.

The bigger picture was to come home after a thorough cleansing of the government in Kabul. We enfranchised women, we stabilized them enough to leave. We don't like to police places forever. Everything else you have mentioned is cleverly crafted propaganda by someone used to hearing disinformation, regardless of your proximity to places where you might have been, but where I might have also been.

The bigger picture was to come home after a thorough cleansing of the government in Kabul. We enfranchised women, we stabilized them enough to leave. We don't like to police places forever. Everything else you have mentioned is cleverly crafted propaganda by someone used to hearing disinformation, regardless of your proximity to places where you might have been, but where I might have also been.

I would like to thank you first for at least calling my propaganda intelligent/clever, I am humbled. Now lemme tell you a secret,Afghanistan does not end with Kabul and as far as I remember there's no statement by the Taliban saying " you beat us in Kabul you win, we don't kill you anymore". Your objective was to deny them the space to freely operate, is that the case now ? if the answer is no, then you have failed your objective and consequently lost the war. For your reference I am giving you a link of the map of Afghanistan, look at it and get yourself acquainted with the non-Kabul Afghanistan.

Link

As about the fact that you don't like to police around forever, I agree but you guys do love to keep your military bases on foreign lands for a long long time, don't you ? Here's a list of your favorite destinations for maintaining overseas military bases.
List of United States military bases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lol....impossible. How would that happen? Maybe send a force of 500 immortal and well fed Taliban warriors on a boat to the Eastern seaboard, armed with dried fruit and RPG's?

US debt will cause it. Soon US dollar will be worth toilet paper.

Back
Top Bottom