What's new

The US Has Already Lost The Afghanistan War

You know nothing about the concepts (the 4 witnesses thing).
And in Pakistan, the are many things that are misunderstood or implemented incorrectly due to uneducated people.
America and the Western countries have the highest rate of rapes (including South Africa if you consider South Africa to be a western country).

Back to topic:
America and NATO are leaving Afghanistan. Inside Afghanistan, who is going to get the political power?

I know what a witness is, and I can count to 4, not that mystical a concept. Hold your breath, everyone said we would be chased out of Iraq too.
(ps...love how you edited your post...but it was quoted)
(and I am intolerant...idiots annoy me)

Lol, Oh yeah, I'm sitting near a state line now, Oh I just felt a fracture! Lol, yup we're ripping to pieces! Bombs in the street! Drone attacks everywhere! Bomb blast and civil war! Lol. Hurry home...won't be there long!

I wonder how many meds it takes to be that delusional?

Lol, you can't be serious. Have you ever followed a thread with this guy? I can't imagine the turmoil his mind is in. It's like if you hated the moon, and could only sit helpless and wish it away.

LOL you can laugh all you want, but I'll be having the last laugh. US's days are numbered. Taliban is raping your murderous thugs and soon your country will face the humilation it thoroughly deserves by being ejected from Afghanistan. What soviets went through... you're going to go through.

Guys, calm down!

1. The US dollar will be worth 'toilet' paper. The current US debt and budgetary problems point to that; vast amounts of evidence support this.

2. 'The Taliban will come to power'. With nato leaving in 2 years, exactly who is going to fill the power vacuum? The liberal party?

3.'America will split into 20 pieces'. No, at least the evidence isn't there. I was there last year, and in the deep south a long while ago. Americans are extremely patriotic people and I saw absolutely no fault lines to suggest a split.

Gentleman, whatever you post,make sure you have the facts, or rational argument to support it. If its wishful thinking, let us know thats what it is.

I know what a witness is, and I can count to 4, not that mystical a concept. Hold your breath, everyone said we would be chased out of Iraq too.
(ps...love how you edited your post...but it was quoted)
(and I am intolerant...idiots annoy me)

You are about as juvenille as i think they come, war is not about beating your chest, it's about completing your objectives, in this respect, the war in Iraq/Afghanistan has irreparably damaged America's future, just as Vietnam had but worst, now America is facing headwinds from all corners, a collapsed economy, the highest debt accumulated in the history of mankind, a war already lost in Iraq (primary objective failed, don't give me liberation and killing of Saddam bs), a war to be lost in Afghanistan, with changing objectives every-time, first declaring Taliban as terrorist now trying to clear them as terrorists. And the largest headwind is competing currency with the Euros, rapidly rising powers like China and Iran, a resurgent Russia, an increasingly independent Latin America and Africa, and an increasingly divergent European policies at least in the economic sphere, those headwinds are too huge to change, the days of American hegemony and war crimes are numbered.

Oh and yes, it is clear that America do bribe the warlords, so as not to attack on their supplies and convoys passing through their area, those facts are clear as daylight, if the entire population of Afghanistan do turn on the Americans they would be gone years ago. The Taliban in itself are a relatively small faction, but supported by many Afghans, but enough to disrupt and destroy an American plan puppetizition or pipelinazition projects.

Well, I don't know that anyone above has really said something of real interest. And most of the comments were in any case off topic since they did not address the points Eric Margolis had gone to so much trouble to make.

Anyway, back to basics. Who is in the process of winning the Afghan War? Why, the Resistance, of course. Had anyone expected any different? Who has lost the war? The invaders, of course. There, too, no surprises. The thing is, which no one ever seems to be willing to acknowledge, the Resistance has made mincemeat out of the foreign soldiers. A daily glance at their military bulletin should be enough to convince anyone of the fact. That the casualty figures are not generally known is all thanks to the sleight of hand practised by the MSM on a daily basis. But it will all come out over time. Afghanistan is not Iraq. See what Margolis says about the awesome valour of the Afghan warrior. For Iraq we now hear that over 73.000 US servicemen were killed, many more than in Vietnam. When figures for Afghanistan are finally revealed after the last foreign soldier alive has left that country, I predict casualties will be much, much higher than in Iraq. Then we'll see what everyone finds to say.
73,000 US soldiers died in Iraq? In which world do you live? That is like almost half the total number of US soldiers deployed in Iraq during the time when Iraqi resistance was at its peak during OIF.

If this was true, American people would have stormed in to White House by now. Welcome to the 21st century Sir, where nothing remains hidden. Go to icasualties.org and you can even read the names of the soldiers who died in Iraq.

Here is the most accurate assessment:

To be honest, Iraq is a success story for US.

Afghan operation will continue till 2014. We will see what happens there.

LOL you can laugh all you want, but I'll be having the last laugh. US's days are numbered. Taliban is raping your murderous thugs and soon your country will face the humilation it thoroughly deserves by being ejected from Afghanistan. What soviets went through... you're going to go through.

I have nothing to worry about. Soon USD will be worth toilet paper and US will break up into 20 pieces.

& after reading this ranting line of your's nostradamus type intuitive capabilities time out & time again
to be very honest all one can say is..........

http://images.piccsy.com/cache/images/14130-be8c3a-530-359.jpg

Well of course several f*cks were given that day, look at how crazy my posts are driving some bharatis and yanks.

There was never a win in afghanistan for them in the first place. how can you destroy the enemie when they are just like the civilians, you dont know which ones have got the bomb on them.

seems they never figured out why it was called graveyard of empires now they have learnt the hard way

US is too wealthy to lose maybe they will try something different - go, get'em tiger!:

US moves toward Afghan guerrilla war
By Brian M Downing

The United States is beginning an interesting new dimension to the 10-year-old war in Afghanistan. Counter-insurgency efforts will be complemented by an expanded unconventional warfare campaign in many insurgent-controlled areas. This change in approach may have a considerable impact on the stalemate and hasten meaningful negotiations.

The US is training scores of special forces teams to infiltrate into and operate in areas that the Taliban and other insurgent forces have gained control of in the past few years. Such operations have been in effect for a few years now, but the program is enjoying greater support. Many recently retired special forces personnel are being asked to return to active duty - a sign that the program is significant and growing.

The teams will be inserted into insurgent-dominated districts, chiefly in the south and east, and charged with conducting reconnaissance, interdicting the movement of men and materiel, directing air strikes, killing political and military leaders, and otherwise wreaking havoc in the insurgents' base areas.

The teams will likely be accompanied by Pashtun scouts from the particular districts who will provide knowledge of the terrain, mountain trails, hiding places, and local notables - friendly or not. Some of these scouts will be defectors whose loyalties will have been thoroughly looked into, though suspicions will remain. This aspect of the effort parallels the Chieu Hoi program of the Vietnam War, which placed Vietcong defectors with US troops conducting operations in tough areas.

It is hoped that the scouts, in conjunction with special forces teams, may in some districts be able to form local guerrilla bands to further weaken Taliban control - an insurgency within an insurgency. Even when the Taliban ruled most of Afghanistan (1996-2001), there were regions that resisted them and even formed insurgent bands to fight them. Today, many local tribes dislike the Taliban but acquiesce to them owing to intimidation or to the perception of their inevitable ascendancy. The identities of such tribes are reasonably known in Kabul and will be likely areas of concentration.

Efforts to build anti-Taliban insurgencies will draw from 1990s programs that lured mujahideen fighters to the government side after the withdrawal of Soviet troops from certain provinces. The Afghan social group (qawm) was useful in attracting defectors as one member on the government side used social ties to attract other members of his qawm.

The program seeks to further reduce the insurgents' momentum, throw their logistics and base areas into disarray, force them to withdraw prime troops from contested districts, and in time, bring the insurgents to a negotiated settlement.

Across the Durand Line?

Special forces teams might be used in cross-border operations into Pakistan, especially into the North Waziristan tribal area where the Haqqani network, al-Qaeda and kindred groups enjoy safe havens. Another prospective area would be in the northern part of Pakistan's Balochistan province, which is another insurgent base area and only 150 kilometers from the reasonably secure towns of Kandahar and Lashkar Gah.

United States special forces personnel have trained Pakistani militias along the frontier and so already have knowledge of the terrain and the troops operating there. Furthermore, the US has built its own intelligence network inside Pakistan, which has been successful in targeting leaders of the Haqqani network and most notably in finding and killing Osama bin Laden.

This intelligence network greatly irritated the Pakistani army and Inter-Services Intelligence service (ISI), and cross-border operations by US special forces will only increase the irritation. The US must be prepared for this. Only a few months ago, a cross-border incident led to a crisis in US-Pakistani relations, the constriction of US/International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) supply convoys, and eventually to an apology from General David Petraeus, then the US's top man in Afghanistan.

Since then, however, events have put the Pakistani army and ISI on the back foot. The discovery of Bin Laden living comfortably near an army base, increased revelations of ties with various militant groups, and most recently suspected complicity in the murder of Syed Saleem Shahzad, Asia Times Online's Pakistan bureau chief, have cast a harsh light on a darker part of Pakistan.

Many countries are looking on Pakistan as a rogue state - and a failing one. Nonetheless, stepped-up cross border activity may bring not only increased tension between the US and Pakistan, but also firefights between their troops.

Prospects
Guerrilla operations and the smaller troop levels they require will allow the US to rely less heavily on supply routes winding through Pakistan - a country whose military is now deemed unreliable. A lighter logistical load can be increasingly borne by northern routes from Russia - a country whose commitment to containing Islamist militancy is now deemed quite reliable.

The US has already reduced its reliance on Pakistan for logistics. A year ago, the preponderance of US/ISAF supplies came through Pakistan, but today only 40% do so, and that number is slated to dwindle to 25% by the end of 2011. Pakistan is becoming less important to the US.

Special forces operations will reduce the need for massive firepower, which has long been a source of irritation in the Afghan people and a recruitment attraction for insurgent groups. Heavy fire power will be confined to extracting a beleaguered team or on identifying a sizable insurgent force.

Guerrilla warfare could well allow the US to increase its effectiveness against the insurgents while at the same time reducing its troops levels and expenditures. Both will be welcome in the increasingly restive US public. Unconventional warfare might even intrigue the public, which retains considerable attraction for imaginative forms of war, resonant as they are with romantic figures such as T E Lawrence and less illustrious green berets of the Vietnam War.

President Barack Obama's reduction of troop levels will almost certainly require consolidation into a number of enclaves in the south and east where counter-insurgency operations have met with success and some Pashtun tribes remain hostile to the Taliban. This will in effect cede more territory to the insurgents, but paradoxically this will have advantages. The more territory ceded to insurgent groups, the more territory they must defend from US guerrilla forces.

Many observers will wonder why such unconventional warfare hasn't already been more widely put into effect. After all, the Taliban have controlled large parts of the south and east for a few years now and the US has long had a number of troops capable of such ops. Indeed, one of the principal missions of the green berets during the cold war was to organize insurgencies behind Soviet lines in the event Western Europe were to fall to the the Red army.

Unfortunately, bureaucratic inertia and doctrinal commitment to conventional warfare won out, until recently. Many might even wonder if such operations would have been a more effective response to the September 11, 2001, attacks than overthrowing the Taliban and occupying a country so fragmented and fractious. But wisdom comes only late in the day.

Brian M Downing served with indigenous forces during the Vietnam War and is the author of The Military Revolution and Political Change and The Paths of Glory: War and Social Change in America from the Great War to Vietnam. He can be reached at brianmdowning@gmail.com

Don't worry, people like him can't do anything except type words. If they made their intentions clear in public, they'd be deported upon discretion of CSIS to the Shariah paradise of their choice.

Not going to stop US from breaking up into 20 pieces. You, the Canadian tea party, can sit and watch. Might as well enjoy it.

Btw as far as my "real intentions" are concerned, I've already told several white Canadians in public that I'd like to see US break up into 20 pieces, and that US will break up into 20 pieces soon. All of them agreed.

I hope some moderator comes around over here and notice where the thread is heading.

The subject is US lost the War.
- 10 years and the out come is visible 0 Progress back to basic shake hands with insurgents terrorists remove them from terror list and re-equip hand over training manuals and fund them for another cause. Represents a major colossal failure of the century.

- On the economic side major Economic failure, China comes to rescue in debt to China internal insecurities in corporates, industries and banking sector as well as real-estate. Health care reduced to rubble and ofcourse job losses.

It clearly points out US failed an all out policies led it to lose on all grounds economically and Militarily. US has clearly lost the war in afghanistan before that in iraq.
-

To paraphrase a great American:

"The reports of USA's defeat (and death) are greatly exaggerated!" - Mark Twain. :D

Back
Top Bottom