What's new

The US Has Already Lost The Afghanistan War

IF Taliban show up and fight like men, kicks the USA out of Afghanistan (USA leaving at her own will is not a defeat), kills the leader of USA like USA did to OBL(AQ Leader) and other Taliban leaders, throw the current Afghanistan government out of power and reestablish the power in Afghanistan, then the Taliban would be the winners. Nothing less than that.

^ That's really not how victory is defined. It differs from war to war. US objective initially was to destroy Al Qaeda, then it expanded onto taliban. If US fails in destroying Taliban, and Taliban are able to form a government in Afghan after US exit, then Taliban win. That's how their victory against soviets came. Winning a war has nothing to do with going out killing the enemy's leader or fighting like men. It's all about if you're able to make the enemy not achieve their objective. They can fight conventional or unconventional war, it's really irrelevant.

War has a strategic meaning, and here the strategic meaning is Taliban stopping US from achieving their objectives and forming a government. Showing up, killing US leader, etc is irrelevant. But yes, their true victory would only come if they are able to form a government.

^ That's really not how victory is defined. It differs from war to war. US objective initially was to destroy Al Qaeda, then it expanded onto taliban. If US fails in destroying Taliban, and Taliban are able to form a government in Afghan after US exit, then Taliban win. That's how their victory against soviets came. Winning a war has nothing to do with going out killing the enemy's leader or fighting like men. It's all about if you're able to make the enemy not achieve their objective. They can fight conventional or unconventional war, it's really irrelevant.

War has a strategic meaning, and here the strategic meaning is Taliban stopping US from achieving their objectives and forming a government. Showing up, killing US leader, etc is irrelevant. But yes, their true victory would only come if they are able to form a government.

War does have strategic meang youngster, The US went in to prevent Afghanistan being a traing post for terrorist against the US. And it worked like a charm. Every now and then the Talibs manage to get a soldier, but they are so frustrated they spend most of thier time blowing up fellow Muslims. Lucky you are safe in the west.

I have to say that there's a truth in your post. But like you said at the end, that the Taliban would be the winners IF they are able to form a government there.

That is the point, they have to throw the current government and the democracy. How am I wrong in saying that USA has not lost the war and that the Taliban can not be considered as winners at least till they kick the USA out and form a government?

But they will be able to kick US out once US has fewer troops. Right now they're slowly killing US. Once US is out, there's nothing really stopping Taliban to get into power again.

But they will be able to kick US out once US has fewer troops. Right now they're slowly killing US. Once US is out, there's nothing really stopping Taliban to get into power again.

Veeery slowly. They could get more of US troops if they bought them all motorcycles and beer (a big problem at the base I live next to)

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

PS..are the basements hot in Canada this time of year?

Okay, that time I would agree with you (if Taliban forms the government by throwing the democracy out. Moreover, if Taliban comes again, it is also possible that USA will come again and throw Taliban out again). But till then, Taliban has not won and USA has not lost. That is my whole point. Does that make sense?

if US is winning then why any one couldn't visit freely nearly 90 percent of afghan............dear friends afghans history has been repeated so many times that it is their routine to fight gourila wars...... and if any one of you visited the area you will see their dominance......... i can say it because my cousin was working in afghan Telecom company but he and his crew was checked on every corner of their trip and they were working in american controlled areas so even in those areas US soldiers were unable to do something....then you can guess what will be the rest................. for the same above reason he came back................ so instead so debating ....... accept that invaders can't win as to win they have to eliminate every afghan...... and for american daydreamers two days before an afghan soldier killed seven american soldiers...... so they really like you.................

It really doesn't matter, though, whether who has won right now. What matters is who wins when US leaves, or hands over power to Afghan military.

Btw, what's stopping US troops from getting killed is that US pays the warlords to not kill their soliders. Once they stop paying, bodybags will arrive in the 100s per week in US.

It really doesn't matter, though, whether who has won right now. What matters is who wins when US leaves, or hands over power to Afghan military.

Btw, what's stopping US troops from getting killed is that US pays the warlords to not kill their soliders. Once they stop paying, bodybags will arrive in the 100s per week in US.

Your mom needs to stop dropping you on your head. Pay the warlords to miss? Lol. Those boys don't even know what a gunsight is. That has to be one of the most retarded things I have read in this forum. Put down the bong, go out and get some fresh air, if you sneak, the Canadian kids won't give you a beating and wedgie

US won the war and anyone denying this simple fact is living in denial. US has been able to achieve its goals that too with only losing a small number of troops. But it has grossly underestimated the effects of the war. The war has resulted in more terrorism, bankrupt USA to 14 trillion debt, made the political situation in Iraq much worse, made enemies throughout and so on and so forth.
America has won the war in the field, but has lost the moral war. The most beloved country world has now become the most hated country in the world,and in that sense, it has lost .

At least someone sees things as they are. The US is not unscathed. We lost political capitol.
(not so much with Afghanistan, but with Iraq)

Your mom needs to stop dropping you on your head. Pay the warlords to miss? Lol. Those boys don't even know what a gunsight is. That has to be one of the most retarded things I have read in this forum. Put down the bong, go out and get some fresh air, if you sneak, the Canadian kids won't give you a beating and wedgie

Are you f*cking kidding me? I am not gonna bother with the personal attacks, but yes, US pays warlords to not attack US troops. That is the sad truth of your so-called superpower country. They pay them millions.

Are you f*cking kidding me? I am not gonna bother with the personal attacks, but yes, US pays warlords to not attack US troops. That is the sad truth of your so-called superpower country. They pay them millions.

A dream or you got some links?

Back
Top Bottom