What's new

The TOP 10 "Future Weapons" of India

Actually it depends on what aircraft we choose, they could perform different roles but there are aircrafts in MRCA which have similar capabilities to MKIs...

true...but our fronline attack bird remains the MKI inspite of selection of any bird from the MRCA..infact we might get a better plane than MKI , but we cant say its gonna replace MKI..thats waht I was telling that guy...If we had to replace it, IAF wouldnt opt for additional MKIs.

What about K.A.L.I ?

The KALI (Kilo Ampere Linear Injector) is a linear electron accelerator being developed in India, by the Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) and the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).

The KALI is not a laser weapon as commonly believed. It emits powerful pulses of electrons (Relativistic Electron Beams- REB). Other components in the machine down the line convert the electron energy into EM Radiation, which can be adjusted to x-ray (as Flash X-Rays) or microwave (High Power Microwave) frequencies.

This has fueled hopes that the KALI could, one day be used in a High-Power Microwave gun, which could destroy incoming missiles and aircraft through soft-kill (destroying the electronic circuitry on the missile). However, weaponising such a system has many obstacles to overcome.

As a Weapon

The KALI's potential for a military role as a beam weapon has made it, in the eyes of the people, "India's Star Wars". However, weaponisation of the KALI will take some time. The system is still under development, and efforts are being made to make it more compact, as well as improve its recharge time, which, at the present, makes it only a single use system.

There are also issues of creating a complete system, which would require development of many more components. There have also been reports of placing the weaponized KALI in an Il-76 aircraft as an airborne defence system. There is also speculation of using the KALI as an Anti-satellite weapon and as a space-based weapon system, although it is unlikely that they would be implemented, given India's stance on those issues.

If weaponized, it is quite likely that KALI would be integrated into India's Ballistic Missile Defense program.

Original article: KALI (laser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of now, there is no proof that India is weaponizing the KALI. There is a possibility that it is developed as a secret project.

Last edited:
Agreed...

but our fronline attack bird remains the MKI inspite of selection of any

However Iam sure you are referring to deep penetration strike role for Sukhoi. Coz this will not be used to do that due to it being exposed to air defense for its high radar cross section...

It will remain as a air superiority fighter....

What about K.A.L.I ?

KALI is at least 15-20 years away from being mature, no point is discussing that and what roles it will perform is not even clear. it has no place in near future doctrines.

INDIA lately though but has recognised the need to build a strong defence force fearing agression and military buildup by china........MANY FUture projects are been planned.....some of them are in development stage.....hope they are not delayed.......JAI HIND

Cool finally i feel India is making up for the lost decade.

once our nuclear triad is complete, we shall command a new respect

Cool finally i feel India is making up for the lost decade.

once our nuclear triad is complete, we shall command a new respect

Wait till 2012 and ur dream shall be true as Arihant Joins....

wat about slbm...................i think THere are plans to make AGNI 3 SLBM

Yes very much in the planning phase,we will not go for trials unless we dont have operational SSBN's in our inventory

It will not take much time to develop as we already have SLBM tech in the form of Sagarika and range will b equivalent to Agni-5,also near to b tested

sorrry for bringing this on but should we add agni-5 and agni 6 :) any one want to add anything now ... i think this thread should countinue ....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom