What's new

The Throne Room of Mountain Gods.

I'd love to go mountaineering, not so much the extreme stuff where you need to go climbing with harnesses though.

You won't be able to do it once in a while, those who climb K-2 and Nanga Perbit etc are expert climbers. 9/15 tallest peaks on earth are in Pakistan including the largest inland glacier in the world.

There is a movie called vertical limit which is about K2, it's a quality movie and features Pakistanis " waking up the Indians "

Bwahahahahahahahah we love the Indians :omghaha:

Check this....Border closing ceremony in Lahore...it happens every evening.

Only downside is a Maori kiwi plays a Pakistani lol.

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be able to do it once in a while, those who climb K-2 and Nanga Perbit etc are expert climbers. 9/15 tallest peaks on earth are in Pakistan including the largest inland glacier in the world.

Haha yeah i know, theres a show called I Shouldn't be alive, there was a episodeabout a kiwi who went trekking in the mountains with his dog, apart from almost dying i thought it would be really cool, it's on my to do list.

Check this....Border closing ceremony in Lahore...it happens every evening.

Oh my god i saw this on Vice the other day, see http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/262415-vice-kashmir-border.html

I was like what is going on! it looked preety cool except on one side they were chanting there is only one god:undecided:

The only thing it is missing is the Haka;)

No Doubt Mount Everest is the highest peak but the K2 is far more difficult to climb than Everest because of its shape

Haha yeah i know, theres a show called I Shouldn't be alive, there was a episodeabout a kiwi who went trekking in the mountains with his dog, apart from almost dying i thought it would be really cool, it's on my to do list.

Check this, a bunch of Aussies jumped from the greatest vertical peak on planet earth,located in Pakistan.

Oh my god i saw this on Vice the other day, see http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/262415-vice-kashmir-border.html

I was like what is going on! it looked preety cool except on one side they were chanting there is only one god:undecided:

I,know you'd find it odd, any foreigner will. For us its as common your aussie aussie oi oi, slogan, which i found weird when i heard it first. AllahoAkbar means God is the greatest, i'd even say it if i take a yawn,its no big deal, its just part of our culture :P

The only thing it is missing is the Haka;)

Bwhahahaha :omghaha:

We don't do Haka, but we do have a sport called Kabbadi , which is as rough as Haka ;)

This looks familiar.

I,know you'd find it odd, any foreigner will. For us its as common your aussie aussie oi oi, slogan, which i found weird when i heard it first. AllahoAkbar means God is the greatest, i'd even say it if i take a yawn,its no big deal, its just part of our culture[/QUOTE]

Lol I think non-Muslims would find it a bit more then odd;)

This looks familiar.

Seen before?

BTW i don't think anyone else has attempted it after these blokes.

I,know you'd find it odd, any foreigner will. For us its as common your aussie aussie oi oi, slogan, which i found weird when i heard it first. AllahoAkbar means God is the greatest, i'd even say it if i take a yawn,its no big deal, its just part of our culture

Lol I think non-Muslims would find it a bit more then odd;)

Yea i know right, we live in a culturally diverse world.

There are a few expressions we use very often.

Allahoakbar: You can use it anytime you want. People use it when they even yawn so not really restricted to any "theological" aspect.

Alhamdollilah = Thank God

Mashallah: When you wish to praise something or appreciate something ie i'll say it when you score good at school etc.

Shukria: Thank you

Inshallah: God willing, mostly used when addressing the future ambitions.

All of them are widely used and yes of course people from other cultures will find it odd.

Even though there are several threads about different regions of Pakistan but this one is my most favorite thread on this forum. Great work done by @krash . Keep it up.

I'd love to go mountaineering, not so much the extreme stuff where you need to go climbing with harnesses though.

There is a movie called vertical limit which is about K2, it's a quality movie and features Pakistanis " waking up the Indians "

Only downside is a Maori kiwi plays a Pakistani lol.

Always loved that line; "3 O'clock, time to wake up the Indians".

Along with a Kiwi playing a Pakistani heli pilot this movie was ripe with inaccuracies. For example, the climbing permits stated to be "2 or 3 million dollars". Well that is just nonsense. This year they've increased the permit fees by a lot but still its roughly 1 to 2 thousand dollars. When this movie was shot, the permit to climb K2 cost around a hundred dollars.

The revised permit fees:

As of 2013 climbing permits cost $7200 for up to 7 climbers and are $1,700 for each additional member. In addition to the peak fee, you will need to put up a $6,000 rescue bond (refundable), and a $200 environmental fee. You will be required to travel with a Pakistani Army Liaison Officer, and will also be responsible for his fee, equipment, and expenses. All Permits must be secured by November of the previous year.

ROYALTY FEES 2013

Following are royalty rates for scaling peaks of various height in Pakistan:

Height of Peaks Royalty in US$ (1-7) for each additional member exceeding 7 per team an additional fee at the Following rate will be charged.

1 K-2 8611m 12,000 $ 3,000
2 8001-8500m 9,000 $ 3,000
3 7501-8000m 4,000 $ 1,000
4 7001-7500m 2,500 $ 500
5 6000-7000m 1,500 $ 300

There's another movie on K2, shot in 1992 I think. Conveniently it's named K2. It's not that good. But there's a German film made on the first ascent of Nangaparbat's Rupal face by Reinhold Messner and his brother Gunther Messner. The Rupal face is the biggest and tallest vertical wall in the world, running for over 4800 meters straight up in the air. It is by far the most difficult rock face to climb and has only been successfully climbed twice (1970, 2011), not just a route but the whole face. The movie's name is Nangaparbat. It's a must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-SC0VGWmzM

Even though there are several threads about different regions of Pakistan but this one is my most favorite thread on this forum. Great work done by @krash . Keep it up.

Much appreciated! Yar, I've got many many pictures lined up but exams, projects and presentations aren't letting me breathe. InshAllah, last term hai tou will be posting a lot of new stuff afterwards. But in the meawhile,

Marble Peak:

Untitled_zps549389a4.png

An unnamed peak besides the Vigne Glacier:

Untitled4_zps53b3c92c.png

Porters:

Untitled2_zps580173d6.png

Crossing the Vigne Glacier:

Untitled3_zpsf51ba7b8.png

Much appreciated! Yar, I've got many many pictures lined up but exams, projects and presentations aren't letting me breath. InshAllah, last term hai tou will be posting a lot of new stuff afterwards. But in the meawhile,

Well that would be great news for me. Your pics are like a treat. Never seen before pics. Would be waiting when you would share all of your treasure here with us.

I think this thread might be of interest for you. Check it. @Aka123

Post the other pics soon..... Do u have pics of the Abzurri Spur trail??

Do anyone has pics or videos of 'South Face or Polish Line' ?
@krash ........ are you a mountaineer?

Back
Top Bottom